Quantcast

ink's Content

There have been 15 items by ink (Search limited from 25-September 23)

Sort by                Order  

#1653106 [xkcd] Rembrandt Photo

Posted by ink on 06 March 2013 - 08:27 AM in Jokes and Fun Stuff

Haha, so punny!

#1652860 SOTW #53 Winners (SO LATE, I SUCK!!!)

Posted by ink on 05 March 2013 - 03:48 AM in Arts & Graphics General

Huh, I didn't expect to win with my first entry.

Well, this is both a happy and sad event indeed. I will miss you Frankrin :(

As I have other things to attend to this week, I'm going to pass the contest torch onto Adam or IcedEarth.

#1650933 So, who's still around?

Posted by ink on 26 February 2013 - 02:33 PM in Introductions

Ink, shouldn't you be a higher status than plain ol' member?

I was gone so long, I can't even recall what I was when I left; however, I certainly never made Retired.

Regardless, the majority of the member hierarchy seems to have changed.

Speaking of old faces, I can't entirely remember what your name was when I was around. I believe it was something like Sunscorch? It was certainly something else even before that.

#1650823 So, who's still around?

Posted by ink on 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM in Introductions

Yeah I am. Did you change your username? Having trouble remembering an Ink - forgive me.

Nope! I only changed my name once to Evil Child or something along those lines, but nobody recognized me. Haha.

That's understandable. I was on the GFX Team after I stopped programming for Codex, which is where I interacted with you most.
Although I left pretty soon after sockopen got banned. Not much longer after that, I requested to be banned.

Yeah. I joined this site maybe 7 or 8 years ago? Crazy. Anyway, life down here is beautiful. Been living here for about a year teaching and doing freelance design while I slowly, but surely, get my own company started down here.

Haha, I joked about you teaching in your status update... looks like I wasn't far off :)

#1650816 Logo

Posted by ink on 26 February 2013 - 10:19 AM in Arts & Graphics General

The S is a bit hard to notice, but overall I like it!

It also kind of reminds me of the symbols on the stones from The 5th Element.

#1650600 So, who's still around?

Posted by ink on 25 February 2013 - 10:00 AM in Introductions

It took me a second to recognize your picture, but you're Urban, right?

Glad to see you could check in! It seems a bunch of us old members got slammed by nostalgia :)

#1650252 BORING !!!11!1

Posted by ink on 23 February 2013 - 02:15 PM in Chit-Chat

If he came to Europe he'd probably be too busy at my house~

Spoiler

Now, children, let's take Chowder's choice shows into perspective...
Spoiler

Also, why Europe? The weather here is quite dreary. Just go to Australia, or better yet, Bali.

So, Chowder, still stuck inside? Bored!? Get learned! No excuses: http://noexcuselist.com/everything

Don't want to read that excellent list of great educational resources? Go to Codecademy and learn Python to begin your path to excellence as a Codexian Programmer.

#1650171 SOTW #53 - Dr. Sloth!

Posted by ink on 23 February 2013 - 08:17 AM in Arts & Graphics General

This is looking to be an excellent little contest!

Good luck, everyone.

#1650052 [xkcd] tar

Posted by ink on 22 February 2013 - 02:10 PM in Jokes and Fun Stuff

tar xzf filename or tar xjf filename are the ones I use most often :p

#1649720 After a Long Haitus of Over 5 Years, I'm Back!

Posted by ink on 20 February 2013 - 10:30 AM in Introductions

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone!

I've never participated in a war because my pets were always too weak. Unfortunately, it seems I'll be in the same circumstance this time around as well :p

#1649687 SOTW #53 - Dr. Sloth!

Posted by ink on 20 February 2013 - 07:58 AM in Arts & Graphics General

Do non-aussies know what a gobby is?

Yes, yes we do. The power of inference and contextual clues are wonderful tools! :D

Seriously though, after spending two weeks in NSW, I can't help but wonder: are most Aussies really as friendly as they seem?

#1649675 After a Long Haitus of Over 5 Years, I'm Back!

Posted by ink on 20 February 2013 - 05:55 AM in Introductions

Never licked Viacom's boot, no. :)

I mentioned VB more as a low water mark rather than to imply that you specifically used it :p You're asking me to remember what you programmed in 5 years ago? I barely remember what our programmers are working in now, let alone what you were working on five years ago. Until a few months back I thought the program manager was coded in Java, not Python :whistling:

I believe Python was chosen in order to facilitate cross-platform functions, as well as the database functions. I could be wrong though, and there are many (perhaps better) reasons to use it. Also, our programmers at the time were all fluent in Python, whereas I think only Hydro knows C++ really well (maybe ShadowLink or Laser as well). Kind of odd really, because I remember Euphoria absolutely raving about Python and basically getting laughed out of the room. Four years down the road, here we are all using it.

Mumei sadly hasn't been seen in a while. I still remember how he bought the forum license for us. What a guy. On his motorcycle with his ponytail. Jolly fucker :p

Haha, watermarks aside, Visual Basic is pretty close to a dead product these days. I'm just messing around, really.

Java required more runtime pieces to be downloaded, so the transition the Python was a pretty logical one. The syntax is simple enough that most people can pick it up in a day or two.

I might work on a C++ and LuaJIT framework for giggles when I get a little more spare time :)

#1649610 After a Long Haitus of Over 5 Years, I'm Back!

Posted by ink on 19 February 2013 - 09:19 PM in Introductions

WB dude. There are a few oldies still floating around.

Are you interested in programming again? Or to put it more bluntly, have you moved past the VB stage of programming? :p

Psch, you clearly don't remember me that well :p

I never used VB, not once. The first program I released was completely cross-platform, if you recall :)

Now, I see that rather than using Java like I discussed with Mumei and Hydro back in the day, Codex headed towards Python.

That's an interesting choice, but I was expecting something interesting like C++ with Lua for simple scripting at this point :)

Really, I may only assist others with programming, especially since it seems most of the truly wanted programs have already been created.

If anyone has any crazy ideas, I may be up for a little collaboration.

#1649395 After a Long Haitus of Over 5 Years, I'm Back!

Posted by ink on 19 February 2013 - 11:30 AM in Introductions

Haha, I'm sure! Digibliss... man, that's old stuff :p

#1649392 After a Long Haitus of Over 5 Years, I'm Back!

Posted by ink on 19 February 2013 - 11:23 AM in Introductions

Hey, everybody! The name's Ink. Some of the older members may remember me, but most of you new people won't have the slightest idea of who I am.

A long ago I used to be a programmer and for a short time, a graphics team member. I made a few interesting things here and there, but overall I was just another angsty teenager.

So, I'm back now... while I may not necessarily become a programmer yet again, I'll surely try to assist those who need help or tips.

Hopefully I'll find my place soon!