Quantcast

Photo

Anyone here play Starcraft II?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: What race do you play?

What race do you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bertrandt

bertrandt
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

I have mentioned the game to a few of my neofriends and guildmates and everyone just O_o. GSL Dallas is going on right now as well :)

#2 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

My brother plays Starcraft. All the time. Every time I come home if he's not at work he's either eating, working out at the gym, or playing Starcraft. He plays Terran and I think he is like a rank twenty-five Diamond or something. I don't really know how it works.

#3 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

I work all weekend so I'm unfortunately gonna miss a majority of the matches. My initial thought was that it would be Idra, Select, Nony to finish in that order, but I just found out when I got home that Idra got knocked out =((

#4 bertrandt

bertrandt
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, Idra is in the losers bracket so he can still win! Select is also in the losers bracket. But Dallas MLG Select came back from losers bracket and got 2nd

#5 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

I play, but I'm not very good. Just goes to show you that watching all of Psystarcraft's and Husky's vids on YouTube will not make you a better player without practice. ^^

#6 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

Iargue plays at a pretty high level iirc

#7 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

I'm surprised HuK has such a huge fanbase... He was known for 4gating every game and only doing cheesey or all-in builds. He was even asking for donations on his stream and stuff. I feel like Nony is by far the best Protoss in NA right now (Waaay better than HuK). His domination in BW and huge upset over Idra in the TSL2 was awesome to watch (despite Idra being my favorite player) and I'm glad to see that he can continue dominating if he actually practices -_- The Nony vs Painuser games were awesome to watch, but it was a shame that they forced a restart on game 1 when Nony clearly had it.

#8 bertrandt

bertrandt
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Yes Im not really such a huge HuK fan. He just seems like the wants to do 'cool' things but he is really lacking imo. I do like nonny though and I especially am bias to SC2 pros who played BW so.. Idra lost to select at the last gsl which is kind of funny because idra beat select for 1st palce in the previous gsl.

#9 Maduce

Maduce
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

I play Starcraft II, i haven't been on much recently. But it's just to repetitive after so much playing. Especially as protoss, only like 1 strat for them even works haha.

#10 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

If you stop 4gating maybe you'll find it fun Posted Image

#11 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

ANOTHER SCII THREAD

Haven't touched the game since fall quarter in college started, but from what I hear Boxer switched to SCII?

Other than that I enjoyed watching TLO back in the beta (so is he fairing well as of recent?).

#12 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Zergs Ftw ! Always and 4ever

#13 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

Boxer got to RO4 in GSL2, and RO16 (I think) in GSL3.

TLO was never able to qualify for GSL so he went back to Germany to do some Euro tournies, but came to NA for MLG Dallas (wasn't able to place too well I think).

Oh well, rootin for Jinro since he's still in GSL, and all my other favorites got knocked out already (IdrA, Clide, July). It'd be really awesome if a foreigner won.

#14 Maduce

Maduce
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

If you stop 4gating maybe you'll find it fun Posted Image

Hehe, but it was so niiiice!
I stopped 4 gating a long time ago, around when zealots got their warp in time increased :( Now it all just depends on who i am against and what they go, lots of scouting!

#15 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

Boxer got to RO4 in GSL2, and RO16 (I think) in GSL3.

TLO was never able to qualify for GSL so he went back to Germany to do some Euro tournies, but came to NA for MLG Dallas (wasn't able to place too well I think).

Oh well, rootin for Jinro since he's still in GSL, and all my other favorites got knocked out already (IdrA, Clide, July). It'd be really awesome if a foreigner won.

I never liked IdrA's playing style - I can't handle the excessive macro-ing. So yesterday my friend showed me a Foxer v Tester game, and goddamn the gameplay since beta developed alot.

#16 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

My friend gave me his account i played a bunch of placement matches and stuff but my computer lags past 2v2 mid game so i just quit lol.

#17 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

I never liked IdrA's playing style - I can't handle the excessive macro-ing. So yesterday my friend showed me a Foxer v Tester game, and goddamn the gameplay since beta developed alot.

I absolutely despise Foxer. Against Zerg, he ONLY makes Marines, it's stupid. His TvP macro games are a lot better though, but he really isn't on the same level as some other Terrans.

I love watching IdrA play. He plays Zerg the way it's meant to be played with long macro games and using passivity into macro as pressure.

#18 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

I absolutely despise Foxer. Against Zerg, he ONLY makes Marines, it's stupid. His TvP macro games are a lot better though, but he really isn't on the same level as some other Terrans.

I love watching IdrA play. He plays Zerg the way it's meant to be played with long macro games and using passivity into macro as pressure.

I play random on my account and I gotta say it's pretty difficult to play a solid endgame with zerg. IdrA makes it look like child's play.

#19 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

I play random on my account and I gotta say it's pretty difficult to play a solid endgame with zerg. IdrA makes it look like child's play.

Trick with zerg is to make sure there never gets to be an endgame :) End it with mutas and lings with the infestors

#20 Ment0r

Ment0r
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

Trick with zerg is to make sure there never gets to be an endgame :) End it with mutas and lings with the infestors

Are you kidding? Zerg has the STRONGEST late-game of ANY race... Do you watch any professional Starcraft 2? If you are on 3-4 base or maybe 2-3base with an in-base hatch and stockpile larvae when capp'd you can reproduce a 200 army 10x faster then ANY other race... and if you can END the game with Muta's, then you aren't Diamond.

Saying zerg's late game is bad is just wrong...

I should stay out of this topic. As an active Liquipedian, 2200 diamond, and GSL follower, listening to noobs ramble about game balance really hits the wrong spots I guess.

BTW: I'm so sorry for Jinro's lost... Team Liquid HWAITING though!!! Can't believe a foreigner did so good. I would of thought if ANY foreigner would do so well it would be Sen or Tester or maybe Ret? IdrA is overrated TBH.. yeah he's a great macro-zerg but he can't handle early game allins like the 2rax TvZ push.

Edited by PR4Y, 14 December 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#21 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

I'm guessing you're talking bronze-silver league play here? Reaping the benefits of zerg = you definitely got to have a solid endgame.

#22 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

BTW: I'm so sorry for Jinro's lost... Team Liquid HWAITING though!!! Can't believe a foreigner did so good. I would of thought if ANY foreigner would do so well it would be Sen or Tester or maybe Ret? IdrA is overrated TBH.. yeah he's a great macro-zerg but he can't handle early game allins like the 2rax TvZ push.

Tester isn't a foreigner, and I wouldn't say IdrA is overrated. He's the only foreigner to show consistent results throughout beta and release. People are simply quick to judge him because of his attitude but his play and understanding of the game shows his strength as a player. TvZ is in an odd spot because of the early 2 raxx pressure is a versatile, low risk opener that puts an inordinate amount of pressure on the Zerg with little investment on the Terran. People who claim to say 14 hatching is greedy really don't understand that 14 hatching is the best response to a 2 raxx opener (however counter intuitive it may sound).

Avoiding this topic because people don't have "credentials" is pretty stupid. I frequently make the NA top 200 and I love talking about the game to anyone from bronze to diamond, but even the higher ranked people still have uninformed, biased opinions or suggest claims with no real evidence or testing.

#23 Ment0r

Ment0r
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Don't get me wrong, IdrA IS a great Zerg. He really was influential in the BETA and continues to have consistent performance in the Korean SC2 scene... I was only referring to how he's now selling lessons for $150/hour and everyone acts like he's the greatest SC player to ever walk the earth. I don't doubt that he would WIPE me if I had a KR account and was unlucky enough to have a MU with him on ANY map, P favored or not... I just don't like when people only judge their favorite players on how famous they are or how much Tastosis praises them. Take Clide for instance... OK YEAH the guy is a decent Terran... but for the first 2 GSL Open's, Tastosis was claiming he would take the entire tournament and he is the best Terran in the world? I've yet to see him perform as amazing as they say he can.

Obviously they have more insight into the Korean ladder then I do and get to see these people more then just in the Tourney MU's... but Clide / IdrA aren't the best players in the world, by a longshot. (These players were just an example)

And regarding Tester... My bad :p I hadn't slept in almost 36 hours and I was rambling on...

*watching the Code A Decision Tourney right now.... TL hwaiting!*

#24 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:43 PM

Zerg is the best!
(I play)

#25 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

I kind of played, but for about 10 minutes. I just got bored. I only play neo because I cheat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users