Photo

What percent of neopets users cheat?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#26 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

Idk. I bet everyone at least once has done something in "cheating" form. Like xfering nps, doing dailies more than once on other accounts, making other people play your games for you, etc.

#27 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

69%

#28 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

I'd say less than 1%.

no waii.

Edited by Lineage, 04 December 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#29 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:01 AM

monophyte doesn't cheat.
o____0
fb2600's account was bought, not the account or items but the account as a shell was bought.
just saying that now cos he self iced. Don't really think he would care. xD

However, I think that most people "cheat" that are over the age of 15-16 probably. Most everyone I know who plays including more "well known" people I know at least let other people on their account for avatars and crap.

Edited by AyoForYayo, 04 December 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#30 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

I been np-generatin' when I was 14, and I was an awful late bloomer. Kids aren't nice these days, don't give them credit.
I've got a 14-year-old making hacks for an online game I play. Darn brats.

Oh, and on topic : 82%. The rest either don't give a shit or they're six-years-old.

#31 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Any cheating
>75%
I am pretty sure many people do low level cheating, like make more accounts to make nps.  

ABing/SSing
<5%
I don't think the majority of the people know that ABers or SSers exist,  it took me a year to actually start looking how to cheat.

I think this is about right. I pretty much cheated with multiple accounts before, or referring myself (back in the days). However I only found out about SSing and Scoresending last year, and I've been over 8 years on neo. So yeah, unless you look for it you won't go cheating that quickly.

#32 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

i'd say roughly 40%, only males over 14/15 cheats and not 100% of them either. The rest of the players are kids and girls who really arent into cheating generally. Then theres the adults who play during work. Adults make up a big factor of online gaming considering sites like yahoo games and pogo have more users than wow.

#33 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

i'd say roughly 40%, only males over 14/15 cheats and not 100% of them either. The rest of the players are kids and girls who really arent into cheating generally. Then theres the adults who play during work. Adults make up a big factor of online gaming considering sites like yahoo games and pogo have more users than wow.

-checks-

Ya.

<--- female.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

monophyte doesn't cheat.

Trololol.
Of course Jon doesn't cheat.

#35 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

So precise? Is there actually a way for you to tell?

If there is one thing I've learned about Waser Lave it's that he's an internet ninja.

#36 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

-checks-

Ya.

<--- female.

-checks-

forum stats

26,000 guys, 100 females.

(roughly)

ya:thumbsup:

Edited by Hurricane, 04 December 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#37 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

-checks-

forum stats

(roughly)

Doesn't make "only males" any less wrong, though, does it?

#38 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

:thumbsup:

#39 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

:thumbsup:

The rest of the players are kids and girls who really arent into cheating generally

;)

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

The rest of the players are kids and girls who really arent into cheating generally

;)

So your post was internally inconsistent, as well as factually inaccurate?
Good to know.

#41 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

So your post was internally inconsistent, as well as factually inaccurate?
Good to know.

internally inconsistent? The consistency is there apart from the location and proper use of terms used to estimate the percentage of cheaters. Just because you happen to misinterpret the meaning of what was stated does not mean the message I tried to convey was incorrect in its entirety. On a side note, factual accuracies are thrown out the window when terms such as roughly and generally are used.

I see nothing wrong with typing like an idiot on the forums as long as the message gets across but using SAT level sentence structure knowledge to nonchalantly bring down other forum users is quite immature and I would expect more from a member who clearly has respect and merit among the others on the forum.

<_<

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I see nothing wrong with typing like an idiot

There's your problem.

#43 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

-checks-

forum stats

(roughly)

Where did you get that info from? o.O

On the members list filters males = 22 pages and females = 18.....

#44 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

I see nothing wrong with typing like an idiot

There's your problem.

don't take things out of context.

I see nothing wrong with typing like an idiot on the forums as long as the message gets across

Where did you get that info from? o.O

On the members list filters males = 22 pages and females = 18.....

Well that would be a "my bad" :p can't really blame me for not assuming that 40% of the general population here is female. Definitely outside the norm for internet forums.O_o

#45 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Yusyus i agree normally Internet forums are male majoritively but neo is such a sissy game there lots more women and gay men :D

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

don't take things out of context.

Well that would be a "my bad" :p can't really blame me for not assuming that 40% of the general population here is female. Definitely outside the norm for internet forums.O_o

You say that as if the context improves your point.
In case you're unclear, it doesn't, since clearly your message didn't get across.

And yes, it is "your bad". And we can blame you, fully, for no one else pretended to examine the forum stats and use them to back up a point that was so fundamentally flawed you could only make it by typing like, in your own words, an idiot.

#47 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

You say that as if the context improves your point.
In case you're unclear, it doesn't, since clearly your message didn't get across.

And yes, it is "your bad". And we can blame you, fully, for no one else pretended to examine the forum stats and use them to back up a point that was so fundamentally flawed you could only make it by typing like, in your own words, an idiot.

So you're blaming me for bringing up a point that is the norm on mostly every forum in existence? I had justified true belief to assume that this forum would be no different than the others but on this rare occasion it was in fact not. On top of that, the number of females on this forum does not necessarily constitute the majority of female "cheaters" on neopets either. Stop attempting to be such a condescending asshole already. If you're gonna start nit-picking fallacies at everyone's posts, specifically mine, it's just better to not post at all, seeing as how nothing your posting is of worth and this debate should have been deleted/moved to private messages long ago.

and yea Georgina, neopets is a sissy game :p

Edited by Hurricane, 04 December 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#48 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

70% at the very minimum

#49 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:33 AM

So you're blaming me for bringing up a point that is the norm on mostly every forum in existence? I had justified true belief to assume that this forum would be no different than the others but on this rare occasion it was in fact not. On top of that, the number of females on this forum does not necessarily constitute the majority of female "cheaters" on neopets either. Stop attempting to be such a condescending asshole already. If you're gonna start nit-picking fallacies at everyone's posts, specifically mine, it's just better to not post at all, seeing as how nothing your posting is of worth and this debate should have been deleted/moved to private messages long ago.

Since when did you become the arbiter of worthy posts?
I think you're just upset that someone didn't accept your opinion as fact from the off, and, in fact, showed you up to be a little bit of an idiot.

I mean, after all, if we're on the topic of useless posts, nearly everything you've said in this topic has been utter nonsense. I'm not sure you can get any more useless than that, although it has provided me with some entertainment.

#50 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

look I think is around 50%
however the player says he never did anything illegal, he should already have given the password to a friend get an avatar or any other type of thing

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users