Photo

Hmmm what to do with my money

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

I doubt many people even visit the Notice Board anymore (just look at the amount of np paid for the highest notice). Malls are decreasing and they're just not popular anymore. It would take too much time imo to look after it as well.

#27 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

I doubt many people even visit the Notice Board anymore (just look at the amount of np paid for the highest notice). Malls are decreasing and they're just not popular anymore. It would take too much time imo to look after it as well.

If it was decreasing in popularity then people wouldn't waste their time. There are clearly Neopoints to be gained here lol.

#28 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Malling Guides:
http://www.neopets.com/~bugsy_lenny
http://www.neopets.com/~aisha_aishaNo1

Everyone should know how to use the shop wizard, but who knows every single item in the game when looking for specific things?
Lets say Person A finds a mall shop on the SW (Not all items are OP), Person A is collecting plushies for their gallery and after obtaining that one plushie, notices the maller has a ton more that Person A does not have. Sure Person A can make a list of every single item found in their shop or use an Item Database, but who would want to do that? If people found you have a SW priced item that they want, they generally splurge on more things that are overpriced.

Maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't get how there is a profit to be made. Who would buy your crap if it's over priced anyway?

#29 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

ahhhhh i see
But does it garner THAT much profit?

Malling seems very elite and complicated lol....even more elite than the pro restockers..

I don't think its as much profit as ABing, but its easy to do after you fully stock your shop and build a customer base. Its just a matter of searching items on the SW to reput back into your shop after that o.o One maller I think makes around 1m profit a day from her wearable shop o.o That was with a 4m NB ad. Even then, it brought up more customers and still left her with 3m profit. :o

Maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't get how there is a profit to be made. Who would buy your crap if it's over priced anyway?

I would say its the compromise between variety and prices.
Most people are impulse buyers, therefore if they like it, they buy it. If you drew them to the shop with the shop wizard, they are more likely to believe you have decent prices.
If your prices look reasonable (low #s such as 1,2,3,4) and the item stock is not that common, then people will probably buy it.

#30 NPFarmer

NPFarmer
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

You should buy a pony with it no jk :p

#31 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

It'll take time but have you considered investing in the stock market? If you buy at 15 np, sell at whatever amount you feel is right, you can make a lot of money.

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

It'll take time but have you considered investing in the stock market? If you buy at 15 np, sell at whatever amount you feel is right, you can make a lot of money.

Yeah, I always buy my 15k shares. It's one of my dailies. But I'm really looking for a way of investing the entire sum.

#33 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well if you have 1000 shell accounts you can buy 15k worth of shares with your 15 million...........................
but is the hassle worth it? maybe they'll come up with a program that'll go on shells and buy stocks

#34 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

Well if you have 1000 shell accounts you can buy 15k worth of shares with your 15 million...........................
but is the hassle worth it? maybe they'll come up with a program that'll go on shells and buy stocks

That would be a stupid reason to get frozen for :X
Creating 1,000 accounts/buying just to build up around 2,000 stock on each? o.o

#35 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

Wishing Well.

#36 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

If you're extremely patient/ have a usershop autobuyer, you could go for some of the recent advent calender wearables. I've invested ~1m on one of them,have something like 400 of them.

#37 Propitiatory

Propitiatory
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Chia Flour shouldn't really be diminishing due to the steal trick.

People get iced; or stop playing.. Its quantity has decreased and its price has increased and I would say can only continue to increase. This is just an example of an item I would have bought a few years ago (and did), not one I'd currently buy though.. Not sure what I would currently purchase.

Everyone in my shop history. People can use the wizz, but they never really do... It's awesome :D Also, I've price my shop to where everything is OP and still had plenty of buyers, I think it's the sheer quantity of items in there, someone's bound to find something they want. If your prices are decent-ish you'll get other mallers buying you out so they can stock their shops... (This is what I once did when I had my book shop going.) If they find items that are overpriced they won't care because they'll be charing more anyways. You also get the people who buy stuff because they want you to like them. They buy stuff, send you a neomail telling you they bought something, you thank them by telling them they're awesome for having bought something, then they do it again.

#38 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

People get iced; or stop playing.. Its quantity has decreased and its price has increased and I would say can only continue to increase. This is just an example of an item I would have bought a few years ago (and did), not one I'd currently buy though.. Not sure what I would currently purchase. [/font]Everyone in my shop history. People can use the wizz, but they never really do... It's awesome :D Also, I've price my shop to where everything is OP and still had plenty of buyers, I think it's the sheer quantity of items in there, someone's bound to find something they want. If your prices are decent-ish you'll get other mallers buying you out so they can stock their shops... (This is what I once did when I had my book shop going.) If they find items that are overpriced they won't care because they'll be charing more anyways. You also get the people who buy stuff because they want you to like them. They buy stuff, send you a neomail telling you they bought something, you thank them by telling them they're awesome for having bought something, then they do it again.

Yeah especially since the wiz is such a pain in the ass now.
A few years ago the shop wiz pretty much gave lowest prices on first try.
Now tnt is trying very hard to weedle money from you so you can get super shop wiz....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users