Decided to play legit...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

So I have decided I really don't want to be iced anymore. The only cheating I will do is training of my pet, which really shouldn't get me iced anyways. I will be a reseller / try at AAA / invest in stocks / invest in retired items. My goal is to try and stay in it long enough to better understand the game.

Any tips?

#2 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

<br />So I have decided I really don't want to be iced anymore. The only cheating I will do is training of my pet, which really shouldn't get me iced anyways. I will be a reseller / try at AAA / invest in stocks / invest in retired items. My goal is to try and stay in it long enough to better understand the game.<br /><br />Any tips?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I gasp :o

Malling? :D If you still have funds then you could try your hand at malling :o

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

We dont like legit players here.

Bye. :)

J/k.

#4 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

I gasp :o

Malling? :D If you still have funds then you could try your hand at malling :o

Well I'm starting off with next to nothing, so will be a long time till that. But I don't think I'll ever have the time to mall.

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

Protip for Legit: Enjoy being poor.

#6 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

So I have decided I really don't want to be iced anymore. The only cheating I will do is training of my pet, which really shouldn't get me iced anyways. I will be a reseller / try at AAA / invest in stocks / invest in retired items. My goal is to try and stay in it long enough to better understand the game.

Any tips?

I think that you can make it.

Honestly, I think that the best way to make money isn't be AB-ing but rather by reselling.
All it takes is some experience - you can always start small - Secret Lab Map auctions are a great place to start.
Just follow the jelly neo guide and snatch any piece that you will make ~10k profit off of. Also buying all the pieces seperately and then selling it as a set will also provide you with some profit.

The more you merch, the easier it'll get.
You can also start with codestones/faeries in the SW as well.

#7 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

I hope you have a lot of patience, and time. Good luck!!!

#8 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

Pro tip: AB.

:p

#9 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Pro tip: AB.

:p

...the whole point of this thread was that he's going to quit AB-ing

#10 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

...the whole point of this thread was that he's going to quit AB-ing

That.
And I think you can do it, when you practice to rs, more easy fore you :D I never used an AB and I used to have more than 300m+ in BD Set, you just need time & practice. Remember, practice makes perfect.

#11 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

I sometimes like using AAA legit since abrosia doesn't have AAA yet, although I think it may be a higher ban rate.

http://www.sunnyneo.com/attictimer/

#12 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

I was legit for 6 years and never had the same amount of money that i have now with AB D: GL, sweetheart

#13 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

Lol resist the constant temptation to cheat on neocodex.

Restocking is really time consuming and hard I wouldn't suggest that.

If you have enough residual dough left from cheating maybe you could become one of those really rich people on trade boards who buy and sell for profit.

#14 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

Lol resist the constant temptation to cheat on neocodex.

Restocking is really time consuming and hard I wouldn't suggest that.

If you have enough residual dough left from cheating maybe you could become one of those really rich people on trade boards who buy and sell for profit.

The Trade & Auctions Chat is a cesspool for "resellers". I'd recommend against reselling cheap items (under 15m) simply for how much of the market is resold items already. No one there seems to have patience to sell anything themselves so the resellers get pushy and offer 10-30% on items. If you deal in the BD Chat on rarer items being quicksold, your profit will come after longer periods of time, but you'll be making nice profits at that.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Do something simultaneously because legit neo is boring as hell

watch a movie, get something to eat, listen to music, fap, etc.

#16 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Do something simultaneously because legit neo is boring as hell

watch a movie, get something to eat, listen to music, fap, etc.

LOL
non-legit neo aint too great either.......i don't even go on no more.
I turn on the autobuyer and leave it...
Normally i would still have to go on and price my shop but Abrosia is so genius i am even exempt from that.......

#17 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

You know, you can cheat and get away with it and not get frozen.

With lower profit shops and less attention to yourself, a legit looking account that has games played and a shop maybe a gallery.

It's not like they can somehow tell a AB apart from a person manually restocking, if you are getting realistic buy times, realistic time windows of ABing, legit lookin account. What gets most people iced is too fast of settings or too long of ABing straight, at least I think.

#18 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

You know, you can cheat and get away with it and not get frozen.

With lower profit shops and less attention to yourself, a legit looking account that has games played and a shop maybe a gallery.

It's not like they can somehow tell a AB apart from a person manually restocking, if you are getting realistic buy times, realistic time windows of ABing, legit lookin account. What gets most people iced is too fast of settings or too long of ABing straight, at least I think.

But I just did that. Took them a month, but they froze me. I never ab'd for more then 8 hours a day, and I always used breaks and stayed away from high profile shops.

#19 Reality

Reality
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Well if you need some inspiration check out this guy. http://www.neopets.c...tml?user=dasbif His account is entirely off playing games/stock market.

#20 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well if you need some inspiration check out this guy. http://www.neopets.c...tml?user=dasbif His account is entirely off playing games/stock market.

how do you know for sure? >:)

#21 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

Wow this reselling thing is AWESOME. People are just trying to give away there stuff. Already seeing profits! Bought something for half off, then sold it 5 minutes later for retail lol.

#22 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

But I just did that. Took them a month, but they froze me. I never ab'd for more then 8 hours a day, and I always used breaks and stayed away from high profile shops.

Well even less than 8 hours sounds like a lot. Hell, 5 is a lot, and I'm sure anything more than a few hours a day over a month is going attract attention to your account. 6 hours every day for a month? I'm sure they would check that out.

but an hour here and there.

did you always use the same schedule? I mean, you just gota make it look as legit as you possibly can. Someones not going to start RSing at 7:00:00 AM and stop at 8:45:00 every day.

Or use proxies to AB on or for your main and have shells for the ABing.

Edited by bakedpotato, 10 January 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#23 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

Well even less than 8 hours sounds like a lot. Hell, 5 is a lot, and I'm sure anything more than a few hours a day over a month is going attract attention to your account. 6 hours every day for a month? I'm sure they would check that out.

but an hour here and there.

did you always use the same schedule? I mean, you just gota make it look as legit as you possibly can. Or use proxies to AB on or for your main and have shells for the ABing.

I guess I could have done more, but abing made me lazy lol.

#24 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

I edited in some more suggestions. I mean, do what you like, if you wana go legit go ahead. I don't really 'play' the game and have no reason to stay legit or build up much of a main, I just trade on here :p so at the same time i have to keep legit looking accounts so when i sell to people we don't get frozen.

#25 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

I edited in some more suggestions. I mean, do what you like, if you wana go legit go ahead. I don't really 'play' the game and have no reason to stay legit or build up much of a main, I just trade on here :p so at the same time i have to keep legit looking accounts so when i sell to people we don't get frozen.

Gotcha :) . I just love the battle system so I hate training up a pet and then getting iced lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users