Your Dream Job

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 kungfuhita

kungfuhita
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

fuck.... what do I want to be?
right now I think I'm goin way over my head on what I want to be mainly because i have so many hobbies that I could fit into as a career, not to mention I've got a free pass to john hopkins for getting 100% 4 years in a row for all those CAT STAR and all those other bullshit tests
thing is I want to go to juliard to become a composer, work on broadway, play the music in those witty superbowl commercials

I'm also into wood carving and knife making
and I want to be a psychiatrist/doctor and be like a house type figure (plus I spent some time in a mental institution for meth and ADHD pills addiction so I wanna shove it into those assholes faces that thought I could never do anything with my life)
and I want to be a biologist
and I want to be a journalist
when I was young I wanted to be a cop, but after getting a 51/50 I'm doubting I'll get any federal job where I'd have to handle a weapon

all i gotta say is, let shit happen, when opportunities come up take them.... except for meth, don't do meth aha

#52 1337ccy

1337ccy
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

When I was 5 years old ,my dream job is bus driver because I think driving is nice at that time.

However,when I grow up,I want to be an accountant now:lookaround:

I like maths:p

#53 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

I would love to be a musician, but I'm a little too far along to go down that road =(

#54 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Firefighter. And I just took the first step on the way to becoming one, withdrawing from my engineering program and enrolling in pre-service firefighting, which has caused a great deal of disappointment from my entire family :thumbsup: :whistling:

Long hard process to become one though, going to have to find a job until I get an opportunity.. maybe I'll continue my electrical apprenticeship.

#55 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

I have a real passion for writing, but the thing that sort've sets me back is that I absolutely HATE writing things by hand. My handwriting is so ugly that I feel that it sort've covers how beautiful my writing actually is.

I'm pretty sure most modern authors do it with computers. And the previous generation typewriters, and so on. The only time I've ever seen author 'extras' in books that feature handwriting is in rough drafts, main points, etc

#56 shadow7452

shadow7452
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

Replace Kirk Hammett in Metallica

#57 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

I wanted to be a princess when I was little, not working so well for me so decided to finish school and get a job instead.

Work in HR at the moment and ideal job (get ready for the yawn) is to be a HR Business Partner. I've recently secured a new role, which I cannot wait to start, as a HR Manager so I'm definitely on the way up. Yes I know I'm being a little smug but I'm proud of myself!

#58 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

I wanted to be a firefighter! A bit strange maybe for a little girl to want to become a firefighter, but its true.
I never got to it though, mainly because people were holding me back cause of the danger involved :)

#59 Synne

Synne
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

I've always wanted to be a superhero, and I must admit at the age of 22, I still do...

#60 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

I've always wanted to be graphic designer and I am. I love my job esp cause I don't have a boss telling me what to do. But my dream job is to test PC games :heart: Did it for a while two years ago and twas amazing :D

#61 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I wanted to be an aviator until I had to wear glasses.
Now I want to be an author.
I am studying computer science also cause I like that. (and being like the only girl in the class)

#62 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

I've always wanted to be graphic designer and I am. I love my job esp cause I don't have a boss telling me what to do. But my dream job is to test PC games :heart: Did it for a while two years ago and twas amazing :D

That's pretty exciting. Playing videogames and getting paid for it, definitely a dream job.

#63 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

My dream job would either be something along the lines of a video games designer or an author :3

#64 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

That's pretty exciting. Playing videogames and getting paid for it, definitely a dream job.

Ahhh, I'd kill to play Dragon Age 2 earlier! Have all the DLCs for Origins, but they are just not enough :D The only thing I don't like is the replaying, cause tis boring.

#65 Kevingroetz

Kevingroetz
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Author isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have a published children's book and get a check for like 6 dollars quarterly. So yeah.

#66 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Replace Kirk Hammett in Metallica

Well, you could... But then Metallica would suck even more. Kirk Hammett is about all they have going for them, and I'm pretty sure you can't stack up ;)

I would love to be a musician, but I'm a little too far along to go down that road =(

Anyone can be a musician, but with that attitude? Your probably right, you won't make it.
I'm living my dream of being a singer-songwriter every weekend. Playing guitar is piss easy, shredding like Kirk is not.

Edited by Abradix, 23 January 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#67 Tigerzz

Tigerzz
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yeah he's right, being a musician is piss easy.
I think i want to be a president with actual power and control.
Like the next hilter, but not as mean as him.

#68 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Anyways, now they're forcing me into computer science

So, anyone else like me? Anyone in a job (or going towards a job) they hate and have these great dreams that will probably never happen?

I'm a CS major and I effing love it. Coding is a great hobby and it's one of the few jobs where people are really happy (when they're employed and not being outsourced, HEYO!) vs. the automatons of the work force. But if you're being outsourced then you're a shitty programmer anyways. I just finished up an associates in Graphic Design which was also fun and was considering going to art school (worst idea ever) for Animation but I realized I wasn't that great versus a lot of others who are in the program.

I'm lucky though in the fact that I have the time, ability, and money to go to school to better myself though without curmudgeon parents who dictate my every move. :p

When I was a kid I wanted to be a hobo. No lie. So yeah, anything is really a step up from that.

Edited by Khuce, 23 January 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#69 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yeah he's right, being a musician is piss easy.

I think anything can be piss easy if you really have the passion for it.
If you really love doing something you will spend time on it, no matter how hard or how time-consuming, and you will end up being good at that.

#70 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

I wanted to be an aviator until I had to wear glasses.
Now I want to be an author.
I am studying computer science also cause I like that. (and being like the only girl in the class)

I know a lot of girls in comp sci.....and they're all asian o.0 As for the aviator.....contacts? They're not as bad as people say really :p

Agreed. I wanted to be one as a kid too lol

Author isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have a published children's book and get a check for like 6 dollars quarterly. So yeah.

See. Another example why an author wouldn't really work out for me....that's why I call it my "dream" job. If it was achievable then it'd be called a goal :p

Edited by Kuro, 23 January 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#71 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Of course it's achievable. :p Else thousands of people wouldn't make their living from it every year. Eventually you'll have the time to write and when you do, it's something that can happen. It's not a profession if you're not sufficiently trained by the time you're 30 it's never likely to happen. You've got an entire lifetime to make it happen in.

I want to be Queen of the Fairies. THAT'S a dream.

#72 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

I hit miniorities over the head with a stick and get paid loads of money for it. Dream job or what?

#73 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

I know a lot of girls in comp sci.....and they're all asian o.0 As for the aviator.....contacts? They're not as bad as people say really :p

The ones in mine are all a)hefty women b)socially inept or c) awkward Asian chicks trying to be kawaii and failing miserably at it and instead only attracting really weird, creepy, fetish-obsessed dudes.

...Except for me. I fit none of these thank god. :rolleyes:

#74 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

well I guess I fall under the Asian part but if you're trying to be kawaii why would you take comp science in the first place? o.0

#75 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Working for TNT and freezing accts. :p

Seriously, either training horses or as a production designer for film or music videos. Acting would be fun, too.

Edited by dayzee100, 25 January 2011 - 02:47 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users