Quantcast

If you don't speak English, stay the hell out of America, seriously!

• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#276 buttcheeks

buttcheeks
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

seems like ppl itt need a crash course in cultural anthropology

#277 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

With the exception of Native Americans, everyone who came here is from a different place with a different language. The United States doesn't have an official language so what's the point to this discussion? Even in England they speak more than English...They speak Welsh.

It never hurts to know more than one language either, it's quite useful especially if you want to get paid more... Or call people retards without them knowing.

#278 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Even in England they speak more than English...They speak Welsh.

No, we don't. Even the welsh barely speak welsh. Learn2research.

Even in England they speak more than English...They speak Welsh.

#279 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

Learn sarcasm. Posted Image The point was... That some people still know a different language in England other than English... Irish know mostly English, yet they still know Gaelic.

... America is not just people from here... They're from all over the world... Hence the term "melting pot"... And why we don't have an official language.

And learn to use pronouns and capitalization skills. Posted Image [Just in case...]

#280 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Irish know mostly English, yet they still know Gaelic.

I doubt that's the majority though. That's sort of like implying that every Estonian can speak Russian as well just because we used to be in the Soviet Union. The reality though is that most of the younger people can at most say basic phrases (e.g. "Go away Russian", "I don't speak Russian", etc.) and I'm pretty sure that in Ireland the situation is pretty similar.

#281 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

I doubt that's the majority though. That's sort of like implying that every Estonian can speak Russian as well just because we used to be in the Soviet Union. The reality though is that most of the younger people can at most say basic phrases (e.g. "Go away Russian", "I don't speak Russian", etc.) and I'm pretty sure that in Ireland the situation is pretty similar.

5% of Irish speak Gaelic regularly, yet all who are Ireland natives are taught how to speak Gaelic in school. I learned basic phrases in 6 languages and can speak and write decent Spanish. I am teaching myself Gaelic...

The original poster of this "debate" is just like majority of the Americans who are tired of Mexicans and other minorities coming in and taking jobs and feeling imposed upon... However it's a global world. If you can't adapt, you can't survive... And if you don't want to adapt or accept change and others... Then you are leaning on intolerance and discrimination because you don't want to have to see Spanish signs at a Walmart. Unfortunately this is a country where people came from all over the world... And people are going to continue to do so...

In 50 years, Caucasians will be the minority... And then what? Cry about it? I suggest learning... There's no wonder why American's are considered stupid...Suck at math, don't know history and complain when they may have to learn a language. People in Africa can speak 5 languages. Middle Easterners know quite a bit... Even Asian culture knows more...The reality is that we're behind and the last thing we should be debating is having to push #1 on the telephone for English. I would think that the poster should be more angry about outsourcing jobs and tax and government money going towards paying to have materials translated and printed into hundreds of languages for what is likely some sort of their ancestral group immigrating here for a better life.

Economics and immigration is a bitch apparently.

-Peace!

#282 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Learn sarcasm. Posted Image The point was... That some people still know a different language in England other than English... Irish know mostly English, yet they still know Gaelic.

... America is not just people from here... They're from all over the world... Hence the term "melting pot"... And why we don't have an official language.

And learn to use pronouns and capitalization skills. Posted Image [Just in case...]

You mean foreign countries don't speak English? Well thanks for that Sherlock, most people wouldn't have got that without your genius. What a valid point?

And fuck you capitalisation. Wales isn't even a country anyway, it's a county.

#283 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

People in Africa can speak 5 languages

Somehow I doubt your average African is pentalingual

#284 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

If there were no immigrants at all in America, commerce would definitely go down. Every nation needs foreigners to contribute to the population and the overall state of the nation...

#285 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

If there were no immigrants at all in America, commerce would definitely go down. Every nation needs foreigners to contribute to the population and the overall state of the nation...

Still some english might be nice.

#286 asf

asf
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

The tone of the OP's post was slightly racist, but can't really blame him. Some of the immigrants are really looking for it.

Immigrants should learn to communicate with the rest of society instead of ghettoeing together.

#287 buttcheeks

buttcheeks
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

The tone of the OP's post was slightly racist, but can't really blame him. Some of the immigrants are really looking for it.

Immigrants should learn to communicate with the rest of society instead of ghettoeing together.

its not really a ghetto and its really efficient. their businesses allow for their money to stay within the community, while gaining profit from others outside the community as well. eventually their communities will flourish, but the downside is they wont really have to learn english and communicate with the rest of society.

#288 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Dude, I'm chinese, and I don't know about other parts, but in the Bay Area, there's China Towns, where all the chinese people go. If you don't want to deal with people who don't speak english, stay out of there. They don't hurt you if you're not near them. And most of them do try to learn English. The reason they moved was because US is a lot better, and they weren't really living where they came from.

#289 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

So when did this thread turn from "ethnics not intergrating into the community" to "omfg ur racist!"?

Also, fuck positive discrimination. If you agree with it I'll personally punch you in the gullet. Try being a White middle class 18-24 male and then we'll see true racism/discrimination.

#290 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

So when did this thread turn from "ethnics not intergrating into the community" to "omfg ur racist!"?

Also, fuck positive discrimination. If you agree with it I'll personally punch you in the gullet. Try being a White middle class 18-24 male and then we'll see true racism/discrimination.

obvious troll is obvious

#291 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

obvious troll is obvious

Actually if you do research into the macphereson inquiry which was set up to investigate the Stephen Lawrence murder you'll see that political correctness has made it hard for me to get a promotion due to being in the majority. Ala positive discrimination.

Gtfo of the debate forum

#292 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

Actually if you do research into the macphereson inquiry which was set up to investigate the Stephen Lawrence murder you'll see that political correctness has made it hard for me to get a promotion due to being in the majority. Ala positive discrimination.

Gtfo of the debate forum

Posted Image

#293 tobisbff

tobisbff
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Op's post bothers me.
America is the melting pot, if it weren't for those other cultures, what would you be?

#294 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Just to be an asshole, I'm gonna post this:

Posted Image

#295 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Just to be an asshole, I'm gonna post this:

Posted Image

<3

And why is this thread still active with people raging against the OP? I'm sure she's gotten over it by now.

#296 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

I love the irony in this post.

#297 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

大家好, 我不會說英文。
你們在說什麽?
我很漂亮

#298 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

大家好, 我不會說英文。
你們在說什麽?
我很漂亮

No you're not.

#299 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Somehow I doubt your average African is pentalingual

98% of them are starving/dying/fucked up with aids so 98% cant even speak one language. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH BAM

Anyways I am sick of these constant posts making up some indian bullshit. It's not like they occupied the whole continent, nor the size of North America and nor the size of Canada, let alone the US. There is a HUGE difference between that time and now. They basically invaded and fucked around with the dumb Natives, whereas now a days pakis and the liking are invading our minds. Here's how the world is divided. White = North America and Europe (Natives can have the arctic). Spanish = South America. Pakis = Nowhere. Asians = Asia. Blacks = Africa

Who the fuck said we need diversity and a melting pot?

Edited by Jake, 20 June 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#300 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

98% of them are starving/dying/fucked up with aids so 98% cant even speak one language. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH BAM

Anyways I am sick of these constant posts making up some indian bullshit. It's not like they occupied the whole continent, nor the size of North America and nor the size of Canada, let alone the US. There is a HUGE difference between that time and now. They basically invaded and fucked around with the dumb Natives, whereas now a days pakis and the liking are invading our minds. Here's how the world is divided. White = North America and Europe (Natives can have the arctic). Spanish = South America. Pakis = Nowhere. Asians = Asia. Blacks = Africa

Who the fuck said we need diversity and a melting pot?

Oh boy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users