Quantcast

If you don't speak English, stay the hell out of America, seriously!

• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#151 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

My stepfather's mother has a job at Costco and doesn't know any English. She's lived in America for almost 40 years.
It makes no sense to me. If I were an immigrant, there's no question I would be at least nearly fluent in the native language within a decade. Not learning the language is shooting yourself in the foot.

#152 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

It's not as easy for some people to learn languages. I've been taking French for 5 years but I'm pretty sure if I had to hold a conversation with a French person they'd roll their eyes at me butchering their language.

#153 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

It's not as easy for some people to learn languages. I've been taking French for 5 years but I'm pretty sure if I had to hold a conversation with a French person they'd roll their eyes at me butchering their language.

If you spoke French fluently, they'd roll their eyes at you. Because they're French.

#154 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

If you spoke French fluently, they'd roll their eyes at you. Because they're French.

How racially intolerant.

Well, I guess you are from Texas.

#155 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

How racially intolerant.

"French" is not a race, it's a nationality.

#156 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

So I guess a more relevant observation would have been to accuse you of being culturally insensitive?

I'm 1/8th French, on my step-mother's side. Careful with them words you sayin'.

#157 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

So I guess a more relevant observation would have been to accuse you of being culturally insensitive?

You must be mistaken. Not even a one eighth french person would enter a conflict such as this.

#158 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

You must be mistaken. Not even a one eighth french person would enter a conflict such as this.

And even if they did they would have ran out screaming like a little girl before they managed to respond.

#159 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

1/8th french from your step-mother?

#160 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Learning English is a must to live here. People with accents are just lazy, they don't respect us true Americans enough to learn to get rid of that annoying accent of theirs.

Hint, one of these statements is true, the other, may not be.

#161 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

I kinda think that's a bit mean..

#162 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

I kinda think that's a bit mean..

Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your stay.

#163 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

There's a city (if you want to call it that) named Brampton, located around/in GTA. (Greater Toronto Area). Filled with pakis. Pakis have malls set up paki style with only their food etc. It's fucking gross. If I wanted to smell shit I'd take a dump and stick my face in the toilet. Canada is supposed to harbour all of these people... sure, even if I wanted to live in your shit ass broke country I'd be hated by all of your people. Fuck I hate visible minorities.

EDIT: If you can't speak the language well or want to keep your own religion and shit, you should think of that before moving to another country.

Edited by Jake, 04 April 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#164 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

There's a city (if you want to call it that) named Brampton, located around/in GTA. (Greater Toronto Area). Filled with pakis. Pakis have malls set up paki style with only their food etc. It's fucking gross. If I wanted to smell shit I'd take a dump and stick my face in the toilet. Canada is supposed to harbour all of these people... sure, even if I wanted to live in your shit ass broke country I'd be hated by all of your people. Fuck I hate visible minorities.

EDIT: If you can't speak the language well or want to keep your own religion and shit, you should think of that before moving to another country.

But they wanted to live the American Canadian dream!

#165 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

But they wanted to live the American Canadian dream!

Oh, too true!

Posted Image

Imagine the picture cut off and more high quality from just where the Canada is. Yeah.

That was front page on one of our newspapers a few weeks ago. When I first saw it that day I immediately assumed it was in Pakistan or some foreign country where they wear that shit. Is this not odd to anyone?

#166 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Oh, too true!

Posted Image

Imagine the picture cut off and more high quality from just where the Canada is. Yeah.

That was front page on one of our newspapers a few weeks ago. When I first saw it that day I immediately assumed it was in Pakistan or some foreign country where they wear that shit. Is this not odd to anyone?

Your ignorance is astounding. Perhaps you should start learning about the different people living in Canada before grouping them as "Pakis", which is well known to be a derogatory term. The men in that picture wearing turbans are known as Sikhs, and are are from the Punjab state in India. India is a whole different country from Pakistan. Just so you know. People would take you more seriously if you didn't run around the forum spewing the nonsense that is spilling forth from your fingers.

If you are not an Eskimo, you should probably get out of Canada. Canada is not a "white" or "European" country. Canada is a country that has been populated with migrants. Including your probably European bloodline. The Eskimos probably saw pictures of Europeans and thought THEY were in some other country.

#167 Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

In post-revolutionary days, Americans had ideas of using German, French, or English as the main language. If the intention is use the logic of the founding fathers, multiple languages were considered. Lets remember people in third world countries have to worry about daddy not coming home because he was beheaded for civil protest.

#168 Bobjacob

Bobjacob
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

If you don't speak English, stay the hell out of America, seriously!

I am appalled by your ignorance.

My question to you: Who is the person not willing to learn?

Besides, if its the Chinese that you're just being racial about, you and your children will suffer in the future as China slowly, but surely, takes over the global economy.

#169 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

People would take you more seriously if you didn't run around the forum spewing the nonsense that is spilling forth from your fingers.

You must be new here to not know Jake is a giant troll.

#170 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

You must be new here to not know Jake is a giant troll.

This was the first time time I'd read one of his trolling posts. Thanks for the heads up :)

#171 eatsrainbows

eatsrainbows
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

wow...
People go to america for a better life, Im sure they want to speak english, and they are trying as hard as they can but it takes time to learn a new language. Also, even though it isn't illegal to not speak english in the states, its hard to get a decent job if you don't speak the language. That alone forces people to learn it.

#172 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Your ignorance is astounding. Perhaps you should start learning about the different people living in Canada before grouping them as "Pakis", which is well known to be a derogatory term. The men in that picture wearing turbans are known as Sikhs, and are are from the Punjab state in India. India is a whole different country from Pakistan. Just so you know. People would take you more seriously if you didn't run around the forum spewing the nonsense that is spilling forth from your fingers.

If you are not an Eskimo, you should probably get out of Canada. Canada is not a "white" or "European" country. Canada is a country that has been populated with migrants. Including your probably European bloodline. The Eskimos probably saw pictures of Europeans and thought THEY were in some other country.

The thing is, I could honestly care less what type of pakis they are. If it's so derogatory, they should clean up their act and become white. India is pretty much the same country as Pakistan, they are both poor, equally smell bad, overpopulated desert... the only difference is Pakistan smuggles and contains more terrorists etc. People do indeed take me seriously, I may be known as a troll but when it comes to this topic I am true to my word. They can start complaining when I see pictures of the Indian leader doing a speech in front of a crowd of white 'Indians' or 'Sikhs' as you want to label them.

REALLY? Thanks for the tip bud. I didn't know the history of my own country. Guess what, people migrate everywhere in certain periods of time. There were 50 eskimos running around so we decided to pack in. What you fail to understand here is that I want this country secluded to mainly white people. Is it so unfair to ask? If I was Indian I could be in India with ALL of my own people. Besides, the 'eskimos' (who calls them that? those damn hodgies?) have their own spots up north. lol

#173 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

and

#174 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Everyone here should be able to speak English,
We shouldnt have to take classes to learn another language to understand people who come here not knowing english.

#175 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

1/8th french from your step-mother?

How does this work, exactly?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users