Photo

The Neo community

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Are you really part of the neo coummunity? Are you active in a guild? Do you post often on the boards? Do you have a service to fellow neopians (that's a word right?)

Or do you just hoard all the money and make it big?

I personally find it better to be a part of the neo community otherwise neopets just gets boring. I'm active in a guild and I am part of an adoption agency. What about you guys?

#2 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm part of the community, love to chat in the boards and so on.
I'm not in a guild...

#3 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

I'm not active at all.

I'm terrified of posting on the boards. I'm always afraid I'll slip up and say something like 'PM me', or use some other sort of Codex lingo. :p

Edited by jaredennisclark, 19 January 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#4 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

I'm active on the BD Chat, but not really friends with any of them. I just like to stay up to date on the drama.

#5 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

I don't take part in that community stuff.
People get frozen for posting in the boards way to much. thats why I stay away.
And when ever I join a guild I forget about it and get kicked out after a while because I dont take part in it xD

#6 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

Nope. I go solo. I sometimes go on the trading boards to find good pets but other than that no.

#7 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I'm a founding member of the Neopets Illuminati. Who keeps Jelly World off the maps? Who keeps Neoschools under wraps? We do, we do.

#8 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

One of the reasons left for me to stay on neopets is that.
I have some good friends there, but I avoid the forums (for reasons similar to unigirl's).

#9 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yeah I don't do shit on the site except make more dough and get my pet stronger. I was looking for an active strong guild but those are usually private and I don't have anyone I know in those guilds.

#10 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have never ever actually been a contributing member :p

#11 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I advertise all my AB'd items in RS & Chat threads for shits and giggles. I claim to be a reseller.

lol. Nice :p

I started out in a pretty active guild (it's small but we've become friends) so even when I joined codex I try to be active there as well. The adoption agency is just kinda there....

#12 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I advertise all my AB'd items in RS & Chat threads for shits and giggles. I claim to be a reseller.

I lol'd. Good shit.

#13 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

The only reason I ever actually visit Neopets is to sell my stuff, other than that? They can aaaaall suck it.

I remember giving away a Baby PB once just to watch people flip out, man that was a long thread. I left for 3 hours, came back and it was still on the front page :o

#14 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

I'm a founding member of the Neopets Illuminati. Who keeps Jelly World off the maps? Who keeps Neoschools under wraps? We do, we do.

This made me laugh.

I recently joined a guild hoping for some interaction and to feel part of a "community", can't say it's working out too well at the moment! I used to be fairly active on the premium charter board, can't wait for that to reappear. Other than that I just tend to lurk around the neoboards, occasionally post in Customisation/NC Mall.

#15 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well, I am an active member (on the french boards !) but I don't have a guild. I go pretty solo for a lot of staff but I like helping in boards !
I don't join guild that seems too noobish to me so I'm just without one x)

#16 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

I have never ever actually been a contributing member :p

ditto.. i was a lil active in my guild but when the activity died, i got more focused money :thumbsup:

#17 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

Im deep enough in the neo community that ppl know me, but not deep enough that they'll miss me :p

#18 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

I find it hard to blend in with the neo community. Its like they have a barrier set up and any new guy (esp < 4mnth old accs) posts they don't give a shit.

Kinda looking for a guild atm but, eh. No luck so far.

Edited by Barophobia, 20 January 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:42 AM

I'm a chatty person. I try to avoid the boards, but I'm not averse to holding convos over NM.... but at some point the censorship drives me nuts and I try to drag the person out of the Neopets realm.

#20 Reality

Reality
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

Neomails and neofriends are blocked and I've posted only a few times throughout the years on the boards. Just don't appreciate the community.

#21 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

I'm a chatty person. I try to avoid the boards, but I'm not averse to holding convos over NM.... but at some point the censorship drives me nuts and I try to drag the person out of the Neopets realm.

This basically. The extreme kiddie friendliness (on a college student based site mind you) kinda pisses me off.

My girlfriend is basically one of the most active people on the boards.

#22 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

Oh right. Reason why I hate posting on the boards:

Posted Image

....I don't even remember what I said.

Editted: Yea I kinda forgot to erase the name.

Edited by Barophobia, 20 January 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

This basically. The extreme kiddie friendliness (on a college student based site mind you) kinda pisses me off.

Try recommending this book to someone via Neomail.

It's not fun.

In the end I had to tell the person I was talking to to just search the ISBN number... XD

#24 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

I find it hard to blend in with the neo community. Its like they have a barrier set up and any new guy (esp < 4mnth old accs) posts they don't give a shit.

Kinda looking for a guild atm but, eh. No luck so far.

I do agree with you here, my account is 3 months old at the moment but I've been on neo on various accounts for a long time. My favourite is when people send me condescending neomails as they think I'm a neo noob. Really bugs me.

#25 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

Try recommending this book to someone via Neomail.

It's not fun.

In the end I had to tell the person I was talking to to just search the ISBN number... XD

I can imagine the hardships you would have gone through...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users