Photo

Revolution in Egypt

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yea but will never happen in the US...Only happened since the Government controls all the providers..Its crazier than this affects laptops and cell phones too.

You really think so??

http://act.demandpro...act/killswitch/

#27 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

You really think so??

http://act.demandpro...act/killswitch/

Because it's become evident that you didn't read past that quote... you would notice I already mentioned that proposal above and Warriors already responded as well. ;)

#28 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread xD

I skimmed it.

#29 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

I'm rooting for the Egyptian people, they deserve better and are working towards it. :)

#30 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I guess he is turning it around.

He's announced he'll resign after his term is over...OVER HIS DEAD BODY, bullshit spewed from a politician. I hope the people in Egypt don't fall for that crap because once things return to normal...heads will rolllllllllll.

How many people are actually involved?

Also there are over 2million protesters in Cairo ALONE.

Edited by Faval, 01 February 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#31 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Not gonna lie. This is pretty scary to me.

Every time I read something about this revolution, I fear for all the innocent people who may be harmed in this chaos.

#32 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

This whole situation kind of has me just going 'blah'. Not because I don't care but it's a dumb move on anybodies part. I think it's really great that the Egyptians are standing up for themselves but something we as Americans don't really realize is how serious this kind of issue is for them. Families get killed and maimed for life; they don't have the same basic rights we do. I wouldn't be out there or stating my opinion on ANYTHING in that kind of leadership. The people protesting are asking to be shot point blank and devastate their families. Does it suck, yes, but it's part of their government/religious affiliations. It was going to happen in some form or function somewhere down the line for them.

As for the whole "kill switch" theory I still call major shenanigans. The government is run by the economy in the states. Shutting down the internet would not only majorly trample some major rights we already have set forth but it'd be fucking moronic to do for the major shareholders out there who buy and rent senators and politicians like no tomorrow. No way would it happen.

Edited by Khuce, 01 February 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#33 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

This whole situation kind of has me just going 'blah'. Not because I don't care but it's a dumb move on anybodies part. I think it's really great that the Egyptians are standing up for themselves but something we as Americans don't really realize is how serious this kind of issue is for them. Families get killed and maimed for life; they don't have the same basic rights we do. I wouldn't be out there or stating my opinion on ANYTHING in that kind of leadership. The people protesting are asking to be shot point blank and devastate their families. Does it suck, yes, but it's part of their government/religious affiliations. It was going to happen in some form or function somewhere down the line for them.

As for the whole "kill switch" theory I still call major shenanigans. The government is run by the economy in the states. Shutting down the internet would not only majorly trample some major rights we already have set forth but it'd be fucking moronic to do for the major shareholders out there who buy and rent senators and politicians like no tomorrow. No way would it happen.

To your first point; That's the whole reason TO protest. They see the lifestyle we are able to live in the West and they realize that they shouldn't have to take such shitty conditions... and that risking their life for the benefit of their descendants and their country is worth it.

As to your second point; It's already in the works. This kill-switch isn't supposed to be used arbitrarily but only in a case of an emergency. (They are citing a potential cyber-attack by another country... in order to protect us from it.)They are likely to circumvent the congress and it will be passed as an executive order under the domain of the FCC which now has authority over the internet as a form of communication within the U.S.

As for this recent decision that he won't run again next term... LOL. What a joke... dude.. you're nearly 90 and you have over a million people rioting/protesting for you to gtfo... You really have two choices... hand over power in the next week or two, or you will die at the hands of the people you have been oppressing.

#34 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

Actually Pyke, there is never in the history of histories have been a democratic election..And I doubt there will be...The People will never have full control of government...That is why USA has never been a democracy...It's always been a republic....

#35 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

Actually Pyke, there is never in the history of histories have been a democratic election..And I doubt there will be...The People will never have full control of government...That is why USA has never been a democracy...It's always been a republic....

Well, depending on your definition of 'citizen', ancient athens could be called a democracy.

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

Well, depending on your definition of 'citizen', ancient athens could be called a democracy.

You mean when only the old, white, and rich men could vote?

#37 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

I fully support the right of the Muslim Brotherhood to establish a Jamahiriya Al-Arab in their domains. Theocracy is the right of any sentient peoples.

Long live the revolution! Long live Egypt!

#38 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

True, this was probably the only point in human's history where people had the power....their council was around 500 members along with their trials..It's hard to define it as such, but the city-states and others were created in Ancient Greece...

All people had to participate to make their city-states better..

#39 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Well it's turned violent again. Protesters refused Mubaraks concessions...obviously, I doubt the guy was telling the truth anyway. The army is apparently not doing much yet, trying to calm the crowd down. BUT there are apparently PRO-Mubarak people along with uniformed offices of security forces who apparently went in with horses and camels charged into the square and trampled several protesters.

Seems like it's going to get violent with this pro mubarak group...who people suspect are just the police in disguise...I suspect lying president.

The pro mubarak group is apparently throwing molotov from rooftops on top of protestors in AlTahrir and people have searched these guys and found police ids.

The internet in Egypt is also magically working again, but for how long?

Edited by Faval, 02 February 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#40 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well it's turned violent again. Protesters refused Mubaraks concessions...obviously, I doubt the guy was telling the truth anyway. The army is apparently not doing much yet, trying to calm the crowd down. BUT there are apparently PRO-Mubarak people along with uniformed offices of security forces who apparently went in with horses and camels charged into the square and trampled several protesters.

Seems like it's going to get violent with this pro mubarak group...who people suspect are just the police in disguise...I suspect lying president.

Yea, just when we thought it was over and he conceded his power..His supporters are now clashing with the anti-Mubarak protesters with pro-government rioters blanketed the rooftops of nearby buildings, dumping bricks and firebombs onto the crowd below and much much more..

All of this has me wondering, remember when Texas tried or rather wanted to secede a couple years back..Would the US ever have a second civil war? I mean there are so many beliefs with no set American culture that it might get dangerous in the future..

#41 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

You mean when only the old, white, and rich men could vote?

Yeah. But they also allowed anyone to be in the legislative assembly (no representation) and judicial aspects of their governance system. The people literally governed themselves. The fact that they gave themselves the right to own slaves or put limits on citizenship do not affect those accomplishments.

I fully support the right of the Muslim Brotherhood to establish a Jamahiriya Al-Arab in their domains. Theocracy is the right of any sentient peoples.

Long live the revolution! Long live Egypt!

You are misinformed - the Muslim Brotherhood isn't responsible for millions of people on the street. Apathy is universal. It takes some serious shit before people will unite against their leaders, even a corrupt despot like Mubarak.

#42 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Despite supporting the riots (OMG REVOLUTION SO EXITING!!!11) no one in the western world seems to know why the Egyptians are rioting. That's because there is no reason whatsoever - Muslims just love to riot, rage, and burn stuff.

From the ED article.

You are fully correct redlion.

#43 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

The situation in Egypt is becoming worse, unfortunately. :(

#44 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Anyone have hi-res photos of the protests? Masses of people? Marches?

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

From the ED article.

You are fully correct redlion.

The 'Ed article'? Am I supposed to know what that is? I glanced at the first page but I couldn't find an article that would correspond to 'ED' Regardless, the unprofessional writing style leads me to believe it's a fauxnews site. As such I don't think its really worth reading, let alone quoting.

I'm perfectly aware what the riots are about. They're about a dictator that has strangled the Egyptian economy, shackled it's people in political monogamy, and committed widespread abuse of civil liberties. Just because you don't know what they're about, don't think for a second that I'm ignorant on the subject.

#46 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

The 'Ed article'? Am I supposed to know what that is? I glanced at the first page but I couldn't find an article that would correspond to 'ED' Regardless, the unprofessional writing style leads me to believe it's a fauxnews site. As such I don't think its really worth reading, let alone quoting.

I'm perfectly aware what the riots are about. They're about a dictator that has strangled the Egyptian economy, shackled it's people in political monogamy, and committed widespread abuse of civil liberties. Just because you don't know what they're about, don't think for a second that I'm ignorant on the subject.

Anytime you see ED, you know it was the trolls.

http://encyclopediad...an_Riot_of_2011

...And I love how the article is shitty even by Encyclopedia Dramatica's standards.

This article is crap. You can help by completely re-writing it.

#47 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

Well, maybe. But it is the nature of the semitic races to be atavistic and impulsive. It's just science, mate.

Now, democracy is overrated, I grew up under a communist dictatorship and look, I liked it a lot more than the republic/democracy that my homeland is now! Though I'd have preferred a national Dochevist dictatorship to a communist one.

Edited by Nunc, 06 February 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#48 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

Holy fuck Mubarak stepped down!

#49 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Anyone have hi-res photos of the protests? Masses of people? Marches?

Google is your friend...And he is stepping down finally..Governments should be afraid of their people..Congrats Egypt, hopefully you can pick some better leaders and help resolve the multiple issues that plague your country..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 samy4612

samy4612
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

i am egyption and proudddddPosted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users