Photo

Why did you start cheating on Neopets?

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#101 Krymise

Krymise
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Cheating is by far more fun and interesting than playing legit. This probably indicates a problem in the design of Neopets, but that's a different story.

#102 ducketi

ducketi
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

I played legit for years, lost accounts for stupid reasons, not really for revenge, but after playing for so long, I just wanna reach SOME goals before I give up neo forever.

#103 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

When I was a legit player it would take me 6 months of playing every game I had time for (focusing mainly on ones where I can get max NP from) to get 600k. Even when I hoarded every NP earned.
I can't restock woth a FUCK, then a friend in an old guild I was a member of told me about neocodex, just linked me to it saying it had an awesome item database that would help me with restocking.
I'm assuming now he was trying to tell me about abrosia, since he had to start over and was already making LOADS of np restocking.

At first when I got here and saw the site I was like "OMG! Report to TNT!!" Then I got frustrated cause I couldn't get much, so decided to try out NP gen (gone now :( ) and Abrosia to try and earn some NP.
Again I was still hesitant and thought "Cookiegrabbers, test on side first." When that side didn't get hacked I tentatively ran it on my main. Then slowly began to make trades on codex, weary of being scammed or frozen soon after.

Now, curiously enough, I trust codex more than I do Jellyneo even (which is only a help site, not a cheating site). With an account barely over a month old, and using abrosia, I have earned almost 2 mil NP and didn't have to spend all that time RSing myself. (No way could I spend 4 hours irl trying to restock, I wouldn't have the time!)

So, for those of you too lazy to read all that...

I cheat, because it's easier and I earn more than I ever could trying to do this by myself.

Edited by Xwee, 11 April 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#104 frostsnow

frostsnow
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

I got frozen for using some acronyms that were apparently swears.
No warnings or anything.
Lost my legit 6 year account and all my neopoints that I had earned from legitimate RS & games.

Now I can't be bothered rebuilding, so I'm cheating to speed up the process.
So far so good, I'm doing better on Neo then before thanks to cheating. :)

#105 Guest_tory_*

Guest_tory_*

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

i started cheating so i could get the last few trophies i needed to make my account sexy

#106 Krezol

Krezol
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

I started cheating because I was tired of earning neopoints the legitimate way. As that was is extremely slow.
And for RSing as I have a fast connection, can make it to the haggle screen and no matter how fast I enter
a number I always fail. Therefore I started using abrosia and am trying that out. Have made a couple decent
buys but I really want to unlock the full potential of the program.

I haven't thought of using programs for games, but thinking about it now, some games would be good to
use programs on because either I just suck at the game or the game is just tedious (such as snow wars)
and it'd be good to grab afew avatars along the way :)

#107 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Because I suck at RSing. 'nuff said.

#108 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

Because the program, that has been made is absolutely brilliant :D Also the fact that it is so easy. :)

#109 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

to get to a 100million and 40 over trophies legit.. would take you an amount of time you don't even want to imagine about :/

#110 Tech

Tech
  • Banned from trading - DO NOT trade with this user!

• 64 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

Because my legit main account got banned for AB'ing and I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THAT B4 IN MY LIFE! I looked it up, learned what AB'ing was and decided to do it from now on lol.

#111 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

My account got frozen for restocking legitly.

So I figured I might aswell use a program and save time, since you get frozen either way :p

#112 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Cheating is by far more fun and interesting than playing legit. This probably indicates a problem in the design of Neopets, but that's a different story.

Maybe it is fun for you to turn on the AB.
But some people (me included) it is fun snipping and restocking.

IMO you should first beat the game first, and then cheat to unlock some things.
Maybe I didn't got billion of NP legitly, but I restocked/snipped nice things and got a nice pet and a decent BD set.

Of course I wanted more and not spend my life on it, and that's what the ABer is for. However I still enjoy restocking once in a while :)

#113 seraph

seraph
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

There go my two reasons:

1) Neo's customer support is so godawful their system deserves to be abused and raped in every possible way. Neo does not care about its players so why should we care about them?

2) The game is way too slow-paced without cheating, not to mention there aren't many legit aspects I enjoy because I'm just too old for it. The only reason I still "play" it is because it lets me play around with money (or well, game money) and with cheating requires minimal time and effort.

I do still legitly restock and pound surf from time to time though, that's still a bit of a thrill.

#114 Rickpat

Rickpat
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

I don't cheat that much, but I started doing it when Neopet froze my old main unfairly, I did everything on there legitly and wasted my whole childhood on it . xD
So well, I don't really care anymore so I cheat. It's easier, faster, funnier. And the feeling of seeing people working their asses off on something you can get without any efforts makes me all warm and fuzzy.

#115 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Long Story. It all starts with the introduction of the FQD avatar when item pools were not banned as of yet.
Yeah, yeah, I know a handful are ready to verbally tackle me with "Lolz u got scammed u n00b", but listen
me out. So I put all neopoints into an item pool. I cried when the guild leader ran off with the money (now you
may verbally abuse me). I quit neopets for 4 years because of that and came back. When high school started
I went back to neopets and I came back with a fear of suddenly losing all my hard work. So I decided to cheat.
I don't mind losing neopoints that I technically never earned. Makes me feel less horrible.

#116 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

1. I'm too lazy to play legit anymore.
2. It makes me feel...rebellious. :D

#117 ibn

ibn
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hi all,

Like most of you, I played legit for 10 years then got frozen because apparently playing scorchy slot for a few hours straight was cheating in TNT eyes. At the end, fuck them with their nazi rules.

Also, now I just want to buy good weapons for my pet to battle with. I cant restock worth a shit and their games are really absurd. Before I found this site, I was really debating to buy neopoints lol.

#118 Raines

Raines
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

Got spammed before and lost my account. Returned after a long hiatus but well, many things have changed about neopets and I don't seems to go anywhere playing legit. It's slow? Figure I had try out the other methods available.

#119 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

I was a completely legit player for about 3 years. I worked hard at restock everyday, earning about 200k a day stocking at magic shop back when faeries could make a living.

But during the 3 years, I was hacked countless of times. Maybe it was because of my character, that I trusted people too easily. People trusted me too, and were kind enough to lend me their Battle Plungers, Staff of Supernovas, etc. It was a really great time back then. But then after getting hack multiple times, I started to lose these friends because they were getting tired of me getting hacked, saying I should be more careful, which I should, really.

Base on today's item pricing, I believe I've lost about 70million worth of NPs and items. I never really got to train the pet of my dream, nor gain the items that I've longed wanted. I hope I'll get there this time. :D

#120 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

It just hasn't been working out lately with Neopets. Theres no more excitement and our sex is always so boring.
Its not my fault that our relationship is falling apart. I started seeing Neocodex quite a while ago. I dont think Neopets knows.

#121 TeePort

TeePort
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

Its an on-going battle with TNT for me after they froze me 10 years ago randomly (When I was still legit)

#122 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

I used to cheat to make NP and sell it for 'other' but now that NP is worth almost nothing in the real world that's not my reasoning anymore. Now days I play just to pass the time when I'm bored.

#123 12markkram34

12markkram34
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Inspiration from my dad.

#124 flacs2

flacs2
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

It took me years to build up a small fortune, and then I realized I was nowhere close to my goals and it'd take me forever to get there. Plus, I figure a good 30% or more of the wealthy neopets players cheat anyways. Why not?

#125 TeePort

TeePort
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

It took me years to build up a small fortune, and then I realized I was nowhere close to my goals and it'd take me forever to get there. Plus, I figure a good 30% or more of the wealthy neopets players cheat anyways. Why not?

I want to know what the actual statistics for that would be. Out of the top 100,000 wealthiest people; how many of them have cheated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users