Quantcast

Photo

What's the biggest mistake you've made on Neopets?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

Jeez, that's low. :/ I hope you reported him for that.

It's not a huge deal. He's still around, but it's obvious that he's just a hardcore scrub. Besides, it was only 600k. It could have been much, much worse :p

#52 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

I picture them more as a bunch of 40s who thinks the cheesy humor they put into news/articles is you know, not cheesy. They probably get together after work and tell "So I walked into a bar" jokes.

And on topic : I ss'd on two different accounts and transferred them over through the shop. Granted they were newbies and I don't care for them, but the shock of seeing the FROZEN message for the first time was enough to make it my worse Neo experience. ;p

I remember logging into my aged old main and seeing that message.. I was in shock for about 5 minutes. The worst part was that I couldn't even get angry with TNT because I knew the risks when I cheated. I very rarely use a scoresender now.

In addition to being scammed out of my MSPP I also locked myself out of my old main with a lovely UC Faerie Lenny on it. After the hell I've gone through trying to trade for one I really wish I hadn't done that!! Still the pet is purged now, so it's not like I'm sitting there staring at the beautiful pixels and kicking myself.

This thread is quite depressing really, I think somebody should start a best thing that ever happened to you on Neopets thread :)

#53 Propitiatory

Propitiatory
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

I mean if if I don't collect interest... I'm probably only missing 75NP/day

This makes me sad for you...

My biggest mistake would be selling items before they hit their peak prices :( I hate losing out on neopoints due to impatience.. :(

#54 mysterybat

mysterybat
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

LOL selling items before they hit peak prices is a normal mistake XD I believe more than half of people have made this mistake before, for example, some people would have sold their weapons before the plot ,or some may have sold the plot prizes due to impatience ...

not everyone can be patient enough to wait for items to inflat,or may afraid the price will drop suddenly

#55 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

LOL selling items before they hit peak prices is a normal mistake XD I believe more than half of people have made this mistake before, for example, some people would have sold their weapons before the plot ,or some may have sold the plot prizes due to impatience ...

not everyone can be patient enough to wait for items to inflat,or may afraid the price will drop suddenly

How can you predict how prices will fluctuate? I guess if there's a plot going on it makes sense that all BD items will go up... but you'll never really "know" what the peak is for certain until after it has past.

#56 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

letting other know my password

#57 bill823

bill823
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

my biggest mistake is use one auto-refresh program over two hours,then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:angry:

#58 mysterybat

mysterybat
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

How can you predict how prices will fluctuate? I guess if there's a plot going on it makes sense that all BD items will go up... but you'll never really "know" what the peak is for certain until after it has past.

most likely you know their price will rise up , but I think the peak will just have a very small difference if you can predict the inflating trend and sell them at high price ,and not many people will care about a small amount of np difference,right ? :whistling:

#59 copley

copley
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

Using score senders way too much.

#60 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

You can't. You just have to watch the market and see what items are moving up and down.

#61 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

You can't. You just have to watch the market and see what items are moving up and down.

Wait 1 year

#62 Fat

Fat
  • 30 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

I sold my TY Krawk (the UC one as it was before the conversion) to a stranger at 600k when I was like 10.
Just because I was tired of him and would like to get a royal pet! .V.
Wanna kill myself for this! :(

#63 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

Grabbed a Krawk from the pound, traded it for a BD Draik, and had the Draik CGed within 24 hours. /:

#64 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Grabbed a Krawk from the pound, traded it for a BD Draik, and had the Draik CGed within 24 hours. /:

THAT pretty sucks! but krawk from the pound? whooooo *_*

#65 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

THAT pretty sucks! but krawk from the pound? whooooo *_*

Yeah, I was in shock. I had only been pound surfing for a few minutes when it popped up. It was WN too.

#66 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, I was in shock. I had only been pound surfing for a few minutes when it popped up. It was WN too.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was stolen and abandoned. :U

#67 Saaski

Saaski
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

I got scammed by a friend in real life back in like... middle school. He was like "Yeah give me your user name and your password I'll give you lots of np." I got my account back after my mom called his mom... haha. I think the most I lost was like, 10k and an abominable snowball. I was not very good at neopets back then.

#68 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

I got scammed by a friend in real life back in like... middle school. He was like "Yeah give me your user name and your password I'll give you lots of np." I got my account back after my mom called his mom... haha. I think the most I lost was like, 10k and an abominable snowball. I was not very good at neopets back then.

Awww, this is so cute :D

I just got another warning for saying "Balls to you" :x3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoDFAOhbbQ

#69 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

trading a uc plushie for something of lesser value

Posted Image

#70 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Awhile back, I think I got banned for saying things that were inappropriate. I can't recall if I said anything sexual, and it's not like I was cybering or swearing excessively. If I didn't say anything sexual, then the only thing I can think of is me posting in a Cookie Grabber's (the eliteneo one) topic saying, "Don't go, it's a cookie grabber!" Cuz apparently "cookie" is slang for "vagina."

Wasn't there a period where TNT was really going heavy on unnecessary freezings? I recall hearing that somewhere.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 09 February 2011 - 11:44 AM.

#71 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

Here's one: Playing the game in the first place.

Silly childhood.

This and playing legit for so many years are my two biggest mistakes.

Edited by Connery, 09 February 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#72 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

This and playing legit for so many years are my two biggest mistakes.

Yup--playing legit and wasting years of my life. I got frozen while playing legit!!

#73 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

I learned out how to swear on the boards btw, just use the petpage link and replace the pet name with you swear/sentence. not my biggest mistake, but i got a good laugh out of it. Too bad tht was when you got iced instead of silenced

#74 tim513

tim513
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

had an mspp card, sold for 27mil when they were 80mil. now of course they are crazy expensive... also got scammed of another mspp from dude who then blocked me and his account lived on for like 4 years after that -_-

also lost about 30mil last june from carelessness when i was abing a lot

#75 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Biggest mistake : Only hacking up till now. I was playing legit for like .. who knows

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users