Quantcast

Photo

How long did it take you to start making a profit from an autobuyer?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Saaski

Saaski
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

I just started using abrosia, just wondering how long it usually takes for things to sell.

I've only gotten things like foods and books so far, I'm worried no one will want to buy them, haha.

#2 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Try this:
http://www.neocodex....ing-abed-items/

#3 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

Well it depends on the item you buy and if its HTS or not i usually give it some time 1-2 days and still hasn't sold I lower the price... so just gotta be patient advertising your shop on TP also helps and it makes your account look more legit

#4 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Most items generally sell pretty quickly. Use the guides here and with a little bit of luck you'll be making profit within your first day.

#5 Saaski

Saaski
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

I'm not complaining about the wait, I was just curious about how long it took people. I kinda figured it'd take some time.

#6 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Autopricing is kinda terrible :p
just ask someone with SSW to help you price the items, and lower your price by 50-100nps, or even more than that if you're getting desperate after 2-3 days.

#7 Saaski

Saaski
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Autopricing is kinda terrible :p
just ask someone with SSW to help you price the items, and lower your price by 50-100nps, or even more than that if you're getting desperate after 2-3 days.

Haha yeah, once I finally get a job I might get Neopets premium or whatever just so I can use the SSW.

#8 umk

umk
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

In my experience, I find that pharmacy items tend to sell faster compared to other items for me.
Usually, in a few hours after I put them up, they're gone, but for other items, it takes 1-2 days on average for me.
Anything that does not sell after that time, I will re-price again.

#9 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

In my experience, I find that pharmacy items tend to sell faster compared to other items for me.
Usually, in a few hours after I put them up, they're gone, but for other items, it takes 1-2 days on average for me.
Anything that does not sell after that time, I will re-price again.

Unfortunately without advanced membership we can't choose to AB at pharmacy
I wish I could ):

#10 umk

umk
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately without advanced membership we can't choose to AB at pharmacy
I wish I could ):

Yes, you can. You just need use the "Load a Manual Shop List" option.
But you need to create your own AB list for the shop you AB in.

#11 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

By any chance you know where you can get the list? Its almost impossible to make a list from scratch for me...

#12 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Yeah theres an item's database here or you can look it up on jellyneo.net. Copy paste into a notepad file and whamo done.

As for the question of how long it takes, you make profits easily on your first buy. Just set the profit to whatever you want (I set mine to 5k) and it buys those. If you're asking how long it takes to get millions and millions, it depends on the store. Most people generally can make at least 100k/day from abing just a few hours.

Edited by BEEEEWRRYY, 06 February 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#13 umk

umk
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

By any chance you know where you can get the list? Its almost impossible to make a list from scratch for me...

You can use the Item Database feature (found above) of the site to help you create the list.

*edit* ooops, someone replied above me already. :p

Edited by umk, 06 February 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#14 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

But doesn't the ABer still go around to all the shops?
I'm not 100% sure on how it works lol

#15 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

But doesn't the ABer still go around to all the shops?
I'm not 100% sure on how it works lol

The standard ABer runs a cycle of shops (some less profitable ones I believe are left out).

With advanced, you can select which shops you want to be in

#16 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

The standard ABer runs a cycle of shops (some less profitable ones I believe are left out).

With advanced, you can select which shops you want to be in

Yea so even with a manual list, it wouldn't be that effective right?

#17 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

You can use the Item Database feature (found above) of the site to help you create the list.

*edit* ooops, someone replied above me already. :p

Do you mean the search option? i tried the restock list and it doesnt work.. btw.. there is a question about the shop rotating.. so by doing this list it will stick to this shop only? or do you do a list of all the shops?

#18 Doginator

Doginator
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hit the "start" button.

#19 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Do you mean the search option? i tried the restock list and it doesnt work.. btw.. there is a question about the shop rotating.. so by doing this list it will stick to this shop only? or do you do a list of all the shops?

I think the lists are only available for advanced members :p

#20 umk

umk
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, that feature is only for advanced members only. For regular members we have to manually create the AB list with copy / paste items names we want.

With the shop rotating feature, Abrosia will be using the internal list from the neocodex item db. If you are advanced member, you can specify which shops you want it to rotate in. If not, then it will rotate randomly in shops the program thinks is profitable.

#21 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

I just started using abrosia, just wondering how long it usually takes for things to sell.

I've only gotten things like foods and books so far, I'm worried no one will want to buy them, haha.

Well you can use the technique i used when i didnt have advanced, its sort of time consuming but if you want results is assure you listen up.
So simply just think of the shop that you want to Ab in that deal out ETS items such as Pharm and Foods.
Now that you know what shop you want to run you AB in just run the program and you should see (Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory) or w.e.
If thats not the shop you want to be in then close the program and open it again till you have the shop you want to be in.
Like i said its time consuming and very stressful if you're looking for one shop in particular so my advice would be to pick a couple shops you like to up your chances (:
With that being said,
Goodluck and hope this has helped you :thumbsup:

#22 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

You should create a manual list for a specific shop. It has worked well for me - easy and quick profit.

#23 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the advice Microlight!

Just to share with you guys on my AB experience. Its nothing great as the profit is not as great as the 1billion in 3 months... but here goes...

Age of account when i started: 1 week old!!!

Average hours a day ABing: 4-6hours (2hours per session with 1 - 2hours break)

Number of days ABing: 17 Days

Total Items bought: 182

Profit: 625 071np (there is still 21 item left unsold)

Description of my setting: i just put min profit 2k. the rest is as preset for non advance member.

My account just reached 1 month old.. so gonna try using the shop list method.. though its gonna be a long copy paste battle...

#24 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

Well its gotten way slower than it used to be. I use to make 1-3mil a day on good days and at least 300k on bad days.

Now sometimes 100k days are very common. Not enough people playing so the shops don't restock as often. SL should totally make that botnet shop clean out.

#25 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

botnet shop clean out.

*crosses fingers*

Even if it was just an option to clear the shop myself. I'll dump 30k down the hole, it only leads to making much more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users