Quantcast

Photo

Why do people find it so hard to quit neopets?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

If you want to quit just do it. I'm sure you'll find new addiction real quick ;)

#27 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

yea.. its just a matter of finding a replacement to cover the gaps that usually spend time on neocodex/neopets

#28 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

i "quit" playing for almost 1 year... then one day decided to look back into my account.. and saw how many plot events i missed.... and the rest was history...

I know what you mean - it's so annoying to have missed out on trophies and such that can't be gotten again.

I keep coming back out of habit and because it's a nice, easy time-filler that doesn't require too much from me, which is great whenever I feel brain-dead after work.

#29 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

If you want to quit just do it. I'm sure you'll find new addiction real quick ;)

hm, i think you did that becasue you want +reps, too. and well, you got one right now, grtz!

#30 Perseus

Perseus
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

I...think I'm in love with you.

#31 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Well i know a good friend trying to quit and i dont understand why they find it so hard...
what are your views on it?

Probably because it kills their boredom - and is fun, especially when you interact with others

#32 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

I currently am trying to take a hiatus but keep being lured back into avatar collecting.

#33 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

I know what you mean - it's so annoying to have missed out on trophies and such that can't be gotten again.

I keep coming back out of habit and because it's a nice, easy time-filler that doesn't require too much from me, which is great whenever I feel brain-dead after work.

Yup! I'm only looking forward to the plot events now.. though i kinda hate the altador cup crap.... manually playing the yooyu ball game.. zzz..

#34 Butet

Butet
  • 213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

coz it's gambling..people never stop gambling right?

#35 jarviscocker

jarviscocker
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

well i do spend more time on Codex then on neopets :S
I quit world of warcraft never thought id do that, was quite hard but randomly one day i just didnt play and it followed been about over a year now :o
hope the same hapens with neo tbh

Yeah, when I realized Neopets was harder for me to quit than World of Warcraft, that was a sorta sad day. Kid's sites shouldn't be more habit forming than a game that was designed entirely to keep people paying to subscribe to it forever! I quit Neo every couple months or so - I'll have fun buying a bunch of expensive items and handing them out to kids and buying up their crappy shops, then in a few months when I can't think of anything else to do when I'm online I end up back at Neopets. Never ending cycle ;_;

#36 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

I quit for 5 or 6 years. Started college and worked all the time. Danced for a while. I just didn't have time for it. I stopped taking classes and stopped with the dancing, so I didn't have anything else taking up my time. I decided to check all my accounts and slowly got back into it.

Find something else you enjoy doing and just stop visiting the site and you'll forget about it.

#37 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

i remember i got UB so i came back to Neopets and found my shares increase so i decide to buy more

#38 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

i did quit for about 4 years once but then i dont know how i returened :S but hopefully to be 100% sure i dont return am selling my accounts for nps and sending those neopoints to my friends who still play
because if you aint got an account to go back to you wont return right?

#39 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Get your main frozen and it should be pretty easy to quit! :)

#40 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

like i said id rather sell so i can help some other people out :) wanna buy? :p

and wouldnt want to get frozen not a way id like to leave ^^

#41 MissSwagHard

MissSwagHard
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

IDK but neopets was always something I did when I was bored and had nothing better to do.

#42 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Haha had that happen 6 years ago, and just got back into a couple months ago ;p But it's I personally find it hard to quit because I get often quickly, and there isn't much out there that interests in terms of gaming. Madden got boring very quick

#43 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

If your friend is finding it hard to "quit" neopets, then he should just focus on his prioritys in life; homework, getting a job, hustlin, etc.
What it sounds like to me; neopets mind-fucked the shit out of him.
But for me, its not hard to quit neopets because I'm honestly not even that interested in the game anymore.
The only thing that really makes me log on anymore is to check my till or offers.
If it weren't for neocodex constantly reminding me about what's going on everyday, I probably wouldn't even bother to do any activities on neopets.
Neopets should be bowing down to Neocodex for that reason alone.

#44 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

People value what they work on most :p If you worked hard for your neopoints and account and items, it'll be hard to let it go. Also, explaining the first part, why would anyone want to start playing Neopets? Well, for one, they'd be bored, the next, people compete against others and always try to be the best at whatever they do

#45 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

I don't think it would be difficult to quit. If you decide that's what you want to do then just do it.

#46 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

wow some people have some indepth answers :p great feedback ../../public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#47 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

It's much harder to quit if you cheat, b/c you aren't so very invested when you get frozen.
However, when ur legit, and they freeze you anyway, you really do feel like quitting.

I think the lure/addictive aspect of it is the opportunity to feel like you're actually accomplishing something (when you're really not!)

#48 Vizkiu

Vizkiu
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

Only ... Neopets is very addictive

#49 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

I...think I'm in love with you.

*growls*

#50 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

It offers a limitless challenge that most games do not. Why do you think pokemon is so popular? Because it is an over glorified version of rock-paper-scissors? No, such as with neo, there is a time investment that doesnt cap out when you beat the boss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users