Quantcast

Photo

Why do people find it so hard to quit neopets?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

i hate pokemon :S why is that so addictive ? just defeat the final boss game over.
what has that got to do with this topic?

#52 Marlon

Marlon
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

I dropped neopets for a long time when I got banned for prophianity, which I still think is ridiculous, the chat blocker always holds it back, nobody ever got to read it.. so why would that be a bannable offence >_>

Buttt.. be wary, once you get away from neopets, stay far far away from it :p, I played it once for fun, ended up sticking around again xD.. it's like drugs!

#53 maruvott

maruvott
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

Many people wastes most of its time playing neopets, and when they want to quit playing it, they just can't or it is very hard to do it for them.
I have to add that neopets is a very good virtual game, it isn't easy to find a subtitute for it..

#54 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Many people wastes most of its time playing neopets, and when they want to quit playing it, they just can't or it is very hard to do it for them.
I have to add that neopets is a very good virtual game, it isn't easy to find a subtitute for it..

Agreed^ There are always room for improvement.
Also, yes, the longer someone spends time working on somthing, the harder it will be to quit

#55 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well i know a good friend trying to quit and i dont understand why they find it so hard...
what are your views on it?

hmm... i was hoping for suggestions on how to quit :p rather then why its so hard to quit lol

o_0

Anyways, if you're looking for suggestions on how to quit, take up doing heroin. I guarantee you'll forget about anything else.

Note: The above statement is sarcasm, and if you're stupid enough to take up heroin to quit playing Neopets, you have issues pal.

#56 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Eh, I'm just the type of person who likes to collect things. I don't have the money to amass huge collections in real life though, so I accumulate large collections of random things on neopets instead. Then since I invested time in getting those things, I don't want to quit.Posted Image

#57 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

<br />hm, i think you did that becasue you want +reps, too. and well, you got one right now, grtz!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Actually I was just watching the War at Home and Dave was on that kind of meeting :D

My pc was broken for a whole week and I wasn't able to check Neo. Yeah, I was bored the first few hours, but found something else to do and forgot about Neopets.

#58 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

Because it's so easy to type www.neopets.com in your URL bar when you're bored and it usually gives you SOMETHING to do.........

#59 Moonsilver

Moonsilver
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Well I didn't know you could cheat as a kid and never made it very far in the game. So, I'm hoping doing all the things I didn't do back then will get the urge out of my system. I'll let you know how that goes in a few months lol.

#60 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

Well I didn't know you could cheat as a kid and never made it very far in the game. So, I'm hoping doing all the things I didn't do back then will get the urge out of my system. I'll let you know how that goes in a few months lol.

good luck with that its alot of years to catch up on and prices seeing as i asusme when you were a kid prices of items like draik trans nerks mootix were very low now look at the prices...

#61 Moonsilver

Moonsilver
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

good luck with that its alot of years to catch up on and prices seeing as i asusme when you were a kid prices of items like draik trans nerks mootix were very low now look at the prices...

You have no idea how much I failed at the game when I was nine. It took me 3 + months to make just 10k. :(
I just can't stand to fail that badly at anything. Just painting my pet this time around would be satisfying.

Maybe I should build a list of the things I want to do and then see if I really can quit when I'm done.

#62 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

moonsilver PM me your account name then ill send you over some nps to get you started :)
also i think after a few months youd probably be addicted and then find it hard to quit :p

#63 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

i hate pokemon :S why is that so addictive ? just defeat the final boss game over.
what has that got to do with this topic?

Pokemon gets pretty addictive if you play competitively.

#64 eniigma

eniigma
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Because it's so easy to type www.neopets.com in your URL bar when you're bored and it usually gives you SOMETHING to do.........

Completely agree! Because there's just so much stuff for you to do on NP it's hard to get tired of it.

I was finally able to 'quit' though a couple years back after I got frozen. :p It made the pain of leaving hurt a lot less. :)

#65 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

Too addicting. :rolleyes:

#66 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Pokemon gets pretty addictive if you play competitively.

You mean like wifi battles?

#67 Dithria

Dithria
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

I quit years ago. I got a life. But now I hear my brother continually talk about it and I started up again

then I quit the next day. I don't know how he's continued to play for the last year and a half.

#68 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

You mean like wifi battles?

Wifi, online servers, RNGing, etc...

#69 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

Wifi, online servers, RNGing, etc...

Do you frequent any forums or anything? PokeOnline, is it called? Something like that... I don't really know the new-fangled online battle servers and stuff. People used to use Shoddy when I was pretty big in the competitive WiFi scene back in D/P.

Edited by Connery, 19 February 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#70 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Do you frequent any forums or anything? PokeOnline, is it called? Something like that... I don't really know the new-fangled online battle servers and stuff. People used to use Shoddy when I was pretty big in the competitive WiFi scene back in D/P.

I used to use Shoddy. Now it has migrated to Pokemon Online. Their servers are much, much better than Shoddy. Better interface, looks sexy, plays well, and updates statistics/tiers frequently. I frequent the Smogon forums, mainly as a trader. I enjoy RNG abusing more than actually battling. I was actually #1 on the 5th OU leaderboard for a while, but I stopped battling.

Edited by Las3rs, 20 February 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#71 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

I used to use Shoddy. Now it has migrated to Pokemon Online. Their servers are much, much better than Shoddy. Better interface, looks sexy, plays well, and updates statistics/tiers frequently. I frequent the Smogon forums, mainly as a trader. I enjoy RNG abusing more than actually battling. I've actually stopped battling, but I was #1 on the Pokemon Online 5th gen OU leaderboard for a while.

Kool, man. What's your username on Smogon?

#72 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Kool, man. What's your username on Smogon?

Kobe_MVP. Haven't been too active recently. Do you go on Smogon?

Edited by Las3rs, 20 February 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#73 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

Kobe_MVP. Haven't been too active recently. Do you go on Smogon?

No, not really. I mainly just use/used their sets and shit. Marriland was my forum. xD I was a mod there for a year or so and then I moved onto an independent forum called the Regi League. And then I was also a pretty big YouTube battler. But by the time Platinum came out, I was burned out and then the metagame changes annoyed me and I fell behind and couldn't [be bothered to] adapt and got disinterested. And I refuse to play B/W competitively and hate the new Pokemon. What's your take on 5th gen? I think the metagame has gone to shit at this point... But that's coming from someone who's a nostalgic, stubborn ol' D/P lover.

Edited by Connery, 20 February 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#74 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

No, not really. I use/used their sets and shit. Marriland was my forum. xD I was a mod there for a year or so and then I moved onto an independent forum called the Regi League. And then I was also a pretty big YouTube battler. But by the time Platinum came out, I was burned out and then the metagame changes annoyed me and I fell behind and couldn't [be bothered to] adapt and got disinterested. And I refuse to play B/W competitively and hate the new Pokemon. What's your take on 5th gen? I think the metagame has gone to shit at this point... But that's coming from someone who's a nostalgic, stubborn ol' D/P lover.

Haha, I was actually a big Marriland guy before I joined any other Pokemon forum. I was extremely active there, but that was around the time Plat came out so it may not have been at the same time as you.

Personally, I like 5th gen. It's been better ever since they banned the combination of Drizzletoed+Swift Swim. It's more offensively oriented than previous generations, which I like since I've never been a fan of stall. But it's still balanced, as stall has also been given a chance with Pokes like Nattorei and Burungeru.

The only thing I hate is how Sandstorm teams dominate. I use one myself, so it's annoying seeing everyone using the same rotation of TTar/Doryuuzu/Garchomp.

#75 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

Haha, I was actually a big Marriland guy before I joined any other Pokemon forum. I was extremely active there, but that was around the time Plat came out so it may not have been at the same time as you.

Personally, I like 5th gen. It's been better ever since they banned the combination of Drizzletoed+Swift Swim. It's more offensively oriented than previous generations, which I like since I've never been a fan of stall. But it's still balanced, as stall has also been given a chance with Pokes like Nattorei and Burungeru.

The only thing I hate is how Sandstorm teams dominate. I use one myself, so it's annoying seeing everyone using the same rotation of TTar/Doryuuzu/Garchomp.

Haha, really? Was your username the same there? But ya, I was probably gone by that point. I left pretty soon after the forum switched over to phppb3 (cuz I hated it as it was so much less accessible and more work to moderate with -_-; ).

Ya, stall was really heavily implemented in Plat (something that really turned me off of it), so that's nice to hear. And I mean, SS teams have been a staple since D/P, so I can't say that's a surprise. ;p

Edited by Connery, 20 February 2011 - 12:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users