Quantcast

Photo

Why do people find it so hard to quit neopets?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

Haha, really? Was your username the same there? But ya, I was probably gone by that point. I left pretty soon after the forum switched over to phppb3 (cuz I hated it as it was so much less accessible and more work to moderate with -_-; ).

Ya, stall was really heavily implemented in Plat (something that really turned me off of it), so that's nice to hear. And I mean, SS teams have been a staple since D/P, so I can't say that's a surprise. ;p

Sure SS teams were common, but not nearly as much as now. Doryuuzu/TTar basically defines this metagame, lol.

My username was WheezyBaby. What was yours? I came in after the forum switched though, so you probably never heard of me haha.

#77 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:13 AM

lol last half a page this has turned into a pokemon topic :p

#78 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

Sure SS teams were common, but not nearly as much as now. Doryuuzu/TTar basically defines this metagame, lol.

My username was WheezyBaby. What was yours? I came in after the forum switched though, so you probably never heard of me haha.

Kawalski.

#79 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

Be happy it didn't turn into a WOW topic. Now those are some addicted people!

#80 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

Be happy it didn't turn into a WOW topic. Now those are some addicted people!

i wouldve preffered it if it was a WoW topic :p i used to play it. but not anymore seeing as the new expansions have made it shit ^^

#81 Las3rs

Las3rs
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Bcoz Pokemon>Neopets Posted Image (>WoW)

#82 marcheva

marcheva
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

its probably a combination of the addiction of rsing, games, and overall fun. also if u have nothing better to do this is just great

#83 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

ive actually been spending alot of my time lately on neocodex :o
maybe i shouldnt...

then again i have too much time on my hands

#84 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

The underlying reason is because we're all working to be the most outstanding player, making that position even more prestigeos. Then, as we want to quit, all our hard work would be for nothing and therefore, hard to let go.
^More valued = More competitors/players
^More work = More Value.

#85 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Well actually it's hard to quit because you don't spend much time on it, you can do many things and leave Abrosia working, that's the actual reason why i came back after... 3 or 4 years. If i couldn't AB, or many other thingies, i wouldn't have came back.

#86 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

This topic should be renamed to "Why do people find it so hard to quit Neocodex", cause it seems a lot of ppl are staying in Neo because of Neocodex :heart:

#87 Mafioso

Mafioso
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

I quit for 5 years, came back and was legit for 3 years, started ABing... I still do other things while ABing... But ABing is very nice... :)

This topic should be renamed to "Why do people find it so hard to quit Neocodex", cause it seems a lot of ppl are staying in Neo because of Neocodex :heart:

Thats very true... Since I started ABing... Being legit has become very boring...

#88 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

If you think about it, it's a way to do at least 'SOMETHING' productive. I mean, if you can have a program running in your background while you visit forums with interesting issues to talk about and stuff like that; making Neopoints, which is actually the currency of a children-oriented game while you do NOTHING but chat with other people, i think that's the main reason that we all are here, to receive some kind of retribution for doing absolutely nothing.

#89 Mafioso

Mafioso
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

If you think about it, it's a way to do at least 'SOMETHING' productive. I mean, if you can have a program running in your background while you visit forums with interesting issues to talk about and stuff like that; making Neopoints, which is actually the currency of a children-oriented game while you do NOTHING but chat with other people, i think that's the main reason that we all are here, to receive some kind of retribution for doing absolutely nothing.

Well said! While ABer is running I am still selling on the boards... So either way I keep active.

#90 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Thats very true... Since I started ABing... Being legit has become very boring...

I find that being illegit helps me appreciate the legitimate elements of Neopets all the more.

By freeing up that time that I would normally be spending game grinding for money, I can delve deeper into the market economy, as well as other specifics of the Neopets universe.

In addition, as 1k NPs is no longer a huge deal, I can actually play games to understand them better and master them instead of being ruled by the 1k NP cap.

#91 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

Manually Restock, Master flash game, Completing plot, Collecting Gallery, Gather Trophy and avatar that all being done. But still i feeling spending NPs on Jackpot SS is much more interesting element :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users