Photo

Dealing with Neopets Server Hiccups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

So I've been trying to get through NQ2 for some people using GM scripts. Every now and then, Neopets loads a blank page and completely screws up the script. I saw another script that had a portion for dealing with the hiccip, something like this:

//Check for annoying server hiccup before bothering to make any more variables
var i = 0;
var hiccup=1;
var divs = document.getElementsByTagName('div');
for(i=0;i<divs.length;i++)
{
if(divs[i].className=="contentModuleHeader")
{
hiccup=0;
}
}

if(hiccup)
{
document.location.href="http://www.neopets.c...nq2/nq2.phtml";
}
else

The problem is, this solution just reloads the NQ2 page, and the last action I submitted is ignored (and the script continues on). I inputted a refresh instead of the doc.location, put another problem arises: Firefox's Confirm Resend Data screen, which cannot be disabled or ignored, from what I've seen from scouring the interwebs. Is there anyway to resubmit my last action on GM? Or is there a super complicated way of dealing with the Confirm Resend screen that I don't know about.

Just as a disclaimer, I understand that the Confirm Resend is there for my protection, so that I don't order 500 shoes or something. I only use Firefox to play Neopets, though, so disabling it wouldn't be an issue.

#2 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Maybe just put off cheating till this problem is sorted out?

#3 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Sounds like the worst idea ever! haha jk...

Seriously though, this is more a proactive measure for next time. This isn't the first time Neo has been like this and this one might last a long time... so yeah. Just seeing if there are options out there!

#4 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

Thats what im doing xP

Sounds like the worst idea ever! haha jk...

Seriously though, this is more a proactive measure for next time. This isn't the first time Neo has been like this and this one might last a long time... so yeah. Just seeing if there are options out there!

It might not be the first time, but these problems don't last for ever... Even in my programs sometimes the post data is sent properly; other times its not... theres no real way to get a status report on the data that was sent, if it sent properly or if it needs to be sent again. Hense why the error has been named "BadStatusLine". Just be patient and find something else to do for a bit xP

#5 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

The problem is fixed for me now; so run your script! :p
(Or am I wrong? :p)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users