Photo

If neopets was pay to play..

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Let's say Neopets decided it didn't want to be free anymore - would you still play? Or would you quit? Let's just say in order to play, you'd have to pay $5 to $20 for a user account - would you refuse to play and go to another web game, or what would you do?

I know Neopets will probably never do this, but its still nice to talk about it.

#2 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Puh-leassse. This bitch would be empty.

#3 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

If I was legit and had little chance of being frozen, then I would consider it.

The community would have to be just as large and active as it is now though, and I doubt it would be.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 11 March 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#4 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Let's say Neopets decided it didn't want to be free anymore - would you still play? Or would you quit? Let's just say in order to play, you'd have to pay $5 to $20 for a user account - would you refuse to play and go to another web game, or what would you do?

Nobody would play. There are plenty of online games that are free; people would just flock to those

I know Neopets will probably never do this, but its still nice to talk about it.

No, it's not really. It's just an easy way to +1 post count.

#5 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Even as a long-term neopets player I still wouldn't pay to use the site - and I bet that applies to most users!

#6 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

I'd sell everything.

#7 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

-No one would play :p

#8 Karam

Karam
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

They must then be really low or stupid to even think of doing that. Seriously, there's some exceptions of rich kids (idk why they're on neo but whatever) who won't care much I guess. But will they take in consideration that no parent would really pay for their child for a simple virtual site? Like geez.
I hope they never do that :/ their services already suck as they are.

#9 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

i dont play anyway so couldnt care less

and if i did play would never pay not worth it

#10 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

There goes half of their userbase. :shifty:

#11 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

They must then be really low or stupid to even think of doing that. Seriously, there's some exceptions of rich kids (idk why they're on neo but whatever) who won't care much I guess. But will they take in consideration that no parent would really pay for their child for a simple virtual site? Like geez.
I hope they never do that :/ their services already suck as they are.

World Of Warcraft.

#12 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

World Of Warcraft.

WoW targets more teenage/adult players, so I think most of the people that play WoW are paying themselves. Neopets, however, is based around children, who don't have money themselves. So I don't think most parents will be paying online games for their children anytime soon.

#13 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

WoW targets more teenage/adult players, so I think most of the people that play WoW are paying themselves. Neopets, however, is based around children, who don't have money themselves. So I don't think most parents will be paying online games for their children anytime soon.

Fair enough.

I'd just like to point out that every person I know who plays WoW, is also unemployed. The two go hand-in-hand I think. :p

#14 Karam

Karam
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

I never played WoW but I seriously think you can't compare those two.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hmm.. I have about 30 accounts. So $150 - $600? NTY

#16 stars

stars
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

I would not pay for neopets.

#17 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

I would freeze myself.

#18 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

i won't pay either, i'd quit. but i also thought about this could happen, since all the nc mall hype (that unfortunately infected me...)...

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hell yes
The people would have more power.
TNT updates battledome.
Less Children.

If anything they should have made it pay to play 10 years ago.

#20 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ive payed to play over 200$+ a year for a dog breeding/show sim site.

Now, this is WAY more advanced and technical then the usual crap, and it was VERY worth it. Well maintained, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE*, there's not really a way to cheat, and there's major strategy at play. They also allow free accounts that allow just a taste of the game, so there's a lot of activity.

*An example of this was very recently, we got a subscription charge on the website for 150$, even though I had to stop playing over a year ago because Im busy/broke. I called the owner, and in the same day he reversed the charge and apologized. He's a very, very polite man that runs that site, and 3-4 other similar sims with only 1-2 staff.

Would I pay to play neopets? Hell no.

#21 Schroeder

Schroeder
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Neopets sucks it's just insanely addicting... I would never pay for Neopets ever.

If TNT made themselves like 100 times better and it was only 10 bucks to keep your account, I may consider staying

#22 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

I'd be so out of there. Pay for those useless pixels?? Hell no. I'd rather pay for prettier looking pixels in some other game.

#23 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hell yes
The people would have more power.
TNT updates battledome.
Less Children.

If anything they should have made it pay to play 10 years ago.

lol, do you think they'll ever work on the battledome?

#24 Bubbly

Bubbly
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

How on Earth will I pay to play? (Dealing method) Through my parent's credit card? No wai.

(Sorry, I'm not old enough to get a credit card.) :sorry:

#25 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

I wouldnt pay to play neopets... Only reason I play is because its free to play :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users