• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

http://greenlanternm...os.com/#/videos

One word: Epic

I think it's on the same level of epicness as thor.

#2 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

This movie will be 1 i would like to see, thanks for bringing it up :D

#3 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

I so want to see this! Thanks for sharing.

#4 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Green Lantern is the 2nd most poorest excuse for a superhero after aquaman...

#5 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Doesn't mean it won't be entertaining! With a good plot, anything can be good.

#6 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

For some reason I always thought the Green Lantern was a black dude.
After watching Ryan Reynolds' movies, I don't think I'll be able to take this one seriously.

#7 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

i've never geen a big fan of the green lantern. ryan reynolds however is a different story
he's the only reason i will be watching this movie

#8 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

Lol, i must admit, I was never really into marvel comics besides X-men, I only heard of green lantern because I watch The Big Bang Theory.

Most of the movies produced by marvel have been pretty poor IMO,except for the iron man series, the incredible hulk, Spiderman 1, (2 and 3) were okay, X-men, and x-men origins wolverine.

Daredevil, Hulk and Electra sucked =p Jennifer Garner was hot though =D

Green Lantern seems like I'd be one of the better produced ones, I jsut hope Iron man 3, captain america and the avengers are just as good, if not better. =]

June 17 ey? =p We'll probably get it in november at the earliest =[

#9 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

yea this movie does look like it will be badass. i wish i could say the same for the next x men movie.. not quite sure first class will be a big splash <_<

#10 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Just wonder what the 3D will be like, should be freaking amazing!

#11 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:00 AM

yea this movie does look like it will be badass. i wish i could say the same for the next x men movie.. not quite sure first class will be a big splash <_<

There's going to be ANOTHER X-men movie? =o I don't mind spin offs if they're as good as the wolverine one, but I only found X men 1 to be good. =/

#12 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

There's going to be ANOTHER X-men movie? =o I don't mind spin offs if they're as good as the wolverine one, but I only found X men 1 to be good. =/

Probably another Origins?

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

After watching Ryan Reynolds' movies, I don't think I'll be able to take this one seriously.

My friend says the black dude was the more politically correct version.
Ryan Reynolds has had some serious movies, check them out if you want to have the right mindframe for this movie :p

#14 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Probably another Origins?

yea its gonna be a prequel/origins movie.. the origins of magneto, prof x, mystic, the academy.... etc. kinda interesting but i hope they stick to the script (comics & cartoons)

#15 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

The power ring that Green Lanterns carry is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe..not only does it create lasers and shields and gigantic talking hamburgers (if you want), it's also capable of splitting atoms, generating electric current and even creating entire copies of itself. Universe changing. The only limit on its power is the user's willpower, which is why they never gave one to Batman.

Edited by sdjaks, 07 April 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

I really am sick of cgi. It looks like a video game. Am I supposed to sit here and think, "WOW! Awesome! Everything looks so fake!"?
Posted Image
Derp derp.
Other than that, Ryan Reynolds looks alright.

#17 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Meepp, thanks that looks fuckin' awesome n,n

#18 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

I really am sick of cgi. It looks like a video game. Am I supposed to sit here and think, "WOW! Awesome! Everything looks so fake!"?
Posted Image
Derp derp.
Other than that, Ryan Reynolds looks alright.

Some cgi is alright to me, but when they use it change physiques or start using it on people's faces it just becomes too much.
This movie looks alright, but his eyes freak me out.

Edited by GeorgeBright, 10 April 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#19 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

This one's a toss-up-- I guess I'll wait for the reviews and see if it's worth watching in theaters. I'll always see Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, so watching him as Green Lantern might be weird. With the kinds of roles that he plays on movies though I would've thought that he'd be fitting for the Flash, not a Guardian of Oa.

#20 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

My friend says the black dude was the more politically correct version.
Ryan Reynolds has had some serious movies, check them out if you want to have the right mindframe for this movie :p

Oh, I've seen almost every movie that starred Ryan Reynolds.
I meant the only good ones were the Comedies, and those are stuck in my head like hot glue.
That being said, every I see Ryan Reynolds in a 'serious' movie, I can't really take it seriously.
I think the worse movie he starred in recently was the one where he got buried alive, that was the lamest movie in history.
The only good part is where he thinks he's being saved and he dies; I've strayed off topic now.
Sorry If I ruined that movie for anybody, it was for your own good.

#21 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

I know he was in Justice League, but they seem to continuously change his appearance from series to series (go figure, right?)

#22 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

I know he was in Justice League, but they seem to continuously change his appearance from series to series (go figure, right?)

In the comic book series, I believe they're were a total of 3 Human Green Laterns. Each one passed the ring, down to the next. The one's i know of are Jonh Stewart and Guy Gardner. Due to the popular teletoons, animimation remake!!

#23 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Saw this film a couple of days ago, not to bad. Could have been better IMO.

The comedy was grood, Kaitos actor was awesome but it just kinda felt too generic and like every other comic remake. Sin city ftw.

#24 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

For the movie they should have just made an army of black dudes, and replaced Ryan Reynolds with Samuel L. Jackson; he's a bit more serious.
Posted Image

Edited by CuriousOyster, 14 April 2011 - 06:08 PM.

#25 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

I am anticipating Thor to be a huge movie in the means of hype, but failure on screen.Green laterns CG suit looks really crappy :( the only complaint i have :o

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users