quantity of neopoints in neopia

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

Just a real question out of curiosity i guess

I know that the basic way to gain neopoints is to play games which a lot of legit people would be doing
My question is however how come there seems to be a neverending supply of neopoints to support our ABing

There are numerous gold sinks in the game (not massive ones but ones that people do use, training, collecting)

The amount of neopoints gained through games can not possibly outweight how much you would spend daily buying items while restocking

Or are their that many people on neopets that enough neopoints is actually generated.

#2 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

that is probably a flaw... :o

#3 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

I don't really think there is much of an economy in neo theres so much NP coming from no where. Years ago when I played Im sure there werent many accounts that had over 100's of millions but now that seems pretty common. Theres also a shit load of random events that can give you NP's, scratchcards/codestones etc etc

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

that is probably a flaw... :o

I'm so glad you decided to grace this thread with your charm and intelligence.

To answer the question, balancing the economy is one of the things that TNT has always failed at. Even some of the current np sinks are actually more likely to generate np in the long run.
You fail to consider the huge number of people who "play" by playing the games, and feeding their pets. Tens of thousands of people.

#5 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

If they charged NP for pulling the lever... Ha! People would still pull it for no reason. The balance is quite off, always has been in my mind, even since the beginning. I remember before the 15np stock purchase minimum. That was a smart move, at least.

#6 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

If you look at Kass Basher alone, there are about 250,000 plays daily. Assuming everyone is able to get 1000 np from it (not hard to do), then we have 250m in the economy from that game alone. However, what matters is the amount of NP going into people who ACTUALLY play neopets more often because they are the ones who influence the economy (rsellers, snipers, rsers, etc.)

#7 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

hrms i guess if you put it that way it makes sense. I guess there would have to be such a large quantity of people who play the game legit (or ss and dont get caught) in order for their to be enough neopoints generated
dont know i always thought it was weird that people are always able to afford stuff but then again i havent played games in a little while, well enough to make an income from it

Just always thought that with the amount of resellers their would eventually be a loss of neopoints but it doesnt seem like the case.

and yes some people post these one-liners just to up their post counts all the time and dont really contribute to answering the questions

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

Just always thought that with the amount of resellers their would eventually be a loss of neopoints but it doesnt seem like the case.

No NP goes out of the economy when people buy items from each other.

#9 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

No NP goes out of the economy when people buy items from each other.

hrms think i wrote it with bad grammar there. My point was that when we purchase from shops inorder to resell to other people that is pretty much the "major" gold sink in the game

i know that reslling to other people would not get rid of neopoints as it is just a transfer of neopoints from one person to another

The point was that lets say for example i went and restocked today and spent around 200k to buy my items (doesnt really matter how much it would resell for), i did not manage to make 200k from games or other ways of making neopoints so technically i would be losing neopoints per day.

From the answered posted i didnt seem to take into account the amount of games that people play daily and how many people play them and this must be where all the neopoints do come in.

#10 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

I have a SS list that nets ~175k/day on 2 accounts (or did before the freezing) That alone brought in 2mil before it got dumped. Not much, but that's just one person out of how many million playing Neopets? I think games are the overpowerers. Hell, leave Habitarium alone for a day and that's 150k

#11 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think lots of people only play games and don't really bother with most money sinks in the game. A lot of people will get a paint brush for their pet and be done with it. Most don't battle.

#12 flacs2

flacs2
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

There are so many NP being generated every day and certainly not enough sinks to keep the game balanced. Years ago, having a million neopoints was considered "rich". Nowadays you need 100 times that.

#13 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Shall I mention KSON and VPTS?

#14 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

KSON went crazy -.- 1k points! whats up with that
*whines over selling it at 400*

#15 maidela

maidela
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

I think that the majority of neopets users don't spend nearly as much as what they make. That would explain why there is so much. I like the idea of Dr Sloth having his monthly auction. Stamps going at 100s of millions of NPs is a nice way to sink them. But still, there are a lot of flaws in the system,I guess. Also, I wonder how many users are legit. I have way too many neofriends lol and most of them are legit but then, that might just be a coincidence.

#16 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

I think the entire market is destroyed. In fact, I don't even think there's really a market in Neopets anymore. I look at the stuffs I want to buy to restart my entire Neopets life, but realize that everything cost 10s of millions. I guess I'll be AB-ing for a year before I can really say, "I've finally accomplished what I want in Neopets."

#17 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

The introduction of the new Wheel costing 100k seems quite a lot, and I believe many people will be losing quite a lot of NPs over the few days or months trying to get themselves onto #12 of the wheel, where they get a RR100 item.

Does this mean that with the reduction of NPs, rare items might actually be more "affordable" again, and there would actually now be a better market?

#18 autrefois

autrefois
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

This is something TNT has been excellent at. The Neopoint has been fairly stable in all its years. There really is no widespread inflation, like you see in runescape, when the creators make too many gold/point sources and not enough sinks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users