• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

My 7-year codexiversary is coming up.
I probably won't remember it to come and post about it on May 1st.
So I'll post about it now.
SEVEN. YEARS.
That's such a long time.
Since I was 13

Wow.
I remember I was a total loser when I signed up here and shit - stayed inside all day and played CS for like 12 hours straight. Almost no friends.
And now I'm about to move into my own place, I'm engaged, and I work full freakin' time and I'm rarely home if I'm not at work.
Codex has been through so much with me.
I love you guys.
Seriously.
Not joking.
Although I rarely get a chance to come here, I love you guys.
I legitimately think that if Codex were ever to disappear off of the internet, I'd be heartbroken. Not exaggerating.
A piece of me would be missing.

Anyways. Yay for seven years!
SEVEN MOER!

Edit: I haven't even played Neopets for like 6 years. And I still come here...epic

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations. :D My seven year Codex anniversary was two months ago almost to the day (Feb. 2004 -- we had reset which is why it says March 2004).

I still remember when I joined. I followed a link from an MSN Group, which was posted by reggieleewolf21 (who was a programmer here before I joined up). Everything else is history. :p I think Neocodex has actually changed my life significantly for the better. I wonder what I would have done with myself, had I not searched "neopets cheat programs" on Google that day.

We're not going anywhere though. We will see an eighth anniversary, and we will see a ninth, and a tenth. Even if we are forced to stop what we're doing, we would likely keep the neocodex.us domain here for people just to talk and keep our internet "home" up. :p

#3 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Codex is the best. And congrats on your Codexiversary! :happybday:

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Trav broooo nice and congrats!
When was mine?

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Trav broooo nice and congrats!
When was mine?

I think you had joined around the same time I did, if not, slightly earlier. So you're 7 years old too for sure. :p

#6 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hey hey....What's wrong with playing Cs for 8-12 hrs..Lol, I used to do that back in the early 2000's...Fun times during HS. Congrats on staying for that long.

#7 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

I think you had joined around the same time I did, if not, slightly earlier. So you're 7 years old too for sure. :p

You and Noit have the EXACT same Join date. the 20th of March 2006 was a great great day.

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

You and Noit have the EXACT same Join date. the 20th of March 2006 was a great great day.

Why? What was 06?

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

You mixed up 4 with 6.

#10 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Nah, as I said above, the forum reset on March 20th, 2004 and we all had to rejoin. My real date is somewhere in Feb. 2004

#11 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Congrats man!

I'm coming up on my seven years as well!

It's amazing how much we have all changed in the last seven years... I'm incredibly grateful to have met so many of you.

Going to sleep but needed to post that.

ilu2 guys. :p
Cody

#12 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hmm, I believe I'm coming up on my 5th year. I think it was July 1st when the sign-up restrictions were lifted. Am i right?

I legitimately think that if Codex were ever to disappear off of the internet, I'd be heartbroken. Not exaggerating.
A piece of me would be missing.

I feel the same way dude. I love this place, it's like we're part of an exclusive gang. I hope we'll still have this place and be in touch with one another way in the future when we have our own families with kids. Wouldn't that be great? Maybe even into old age we'll be saying our good byes here on codex. Who knows...*ponders*

#13 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

I feel the same way dude. I love this place, it's like we're part of an exclusive gang. I hope we'll still have this place and be in touch with one another way in the future when we have our own families with kids. Wouldn't that be great? Maybe even into old age we'll be saying our good byes here on codex. Who knows...*ponders*

I will make sure Neocodex doesn't go anywhere. :p On the 10th year anniversary we should compile some stories together, of where we were before vs. now. :p

#14 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

I will make sure Neocodex doesn't go anywhere. :p On the 10th year anniversary we should compile some stories together, of where we were before vs. now. :p

That would be great eh? I would love to show some support. To be honest, if it weren't for the programming community here I wouldn't have gone into computer eng. That's going to be my career now, a huge part of my life, and codex made that happen.

This thread made me remember all those members who're gone now.

Jillian, Sham, Tetiel(did she get married to Brkn?), Zdl and his girlfriend, Analogue, that British dude who started the Digital Camera Party thread....so many people gone, I wish they'd come back and give us an update

#15 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Jillian, Sham, Tetiel(did she get married to Brkn?), Zdl and his girlfriend, Analogue, that British dude who started the Digital Camera Party thread....so many people gone, I wish they'd come back and give us an update

Nah, Brkn and her broke up and she married Brad's friend or something. :p And yeah, I wonder what the others are up to. :p

#16 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

I approve this thread and congratulate you in finest. To teh future!!!

#17 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

Congrats! My 7 years is a bit further off then May 1st! :p

#18 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Nah, Brkn and her broke up and she married Brad's friend or something. :p And yeah, I wonder what the others are up to. :p

Damn, I don't even know who Brad is =P I bet all this happened during those months I was inactive...

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

ROFL way to be a skank. I remember she used to get all butt hurt when I gave brkn a hard time. Fuk, women these days are all hoes. Love you all! Skanks!

#20 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

Mine was a few days ago really I think. April 21st maybe? Something like that.

ROFL way to be a skank. I remember she used to get all butt hurt when I gave brkn a hard time. Fuk, women these days are all hoes. Love you all! Skanks!

Yes, god forbid anybody have another boyfriend before they get married. Whores the lot of us. Posted Image

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Nothing wrong with a whore right Ali. ;)
I'm sure there are some boring non-whorish women out there, somewhere, probably. But tet is for certain. I would so love to meet her. I miss her so much. :(

#22 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

Congratulations! 7 years is such a long time. I'm curious, why did you stop playing Neo?

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

I think he grew up.

#24 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Congratulations. :D My seven year Codex anniversary was two months ago almost to the day (Feb. 2004 -- we had reset which is why it says March 2004).

I still remember when I joined. I followed a link from an MSN Group, which was posted by reggieleewolf21 (who was a programmer here before I joined up). Everything else is history. :p I think Neocodex has actually changed my life significantly for the better. I wonder what I would have done with myself, had I not searched "neopets cheat programs" on Google that day.

We're not going anywhere though. We will see an eighth anniversary, and we will see a ninth, and a tenth. Even if we are forced to stop what we're doing, we would likely keep the neocodex.us domain here for people just to talk and keep our internet "home" up. :p

the last few sentences where you say that this is a community and it will remain regardless of the cheating is probably why i think a lot of people do stay on this forum specifically although their is a lot of arguing and what not its a community environment that everyone seems to enjoy and do spend a lot of time on.

back to the op though congratulations on 7years. since you were 13 you must of felt like you were growing up right along side with codex

#25 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

Man, this is great to hear.

I feel the same way about Codex, as I have said before, it honestly changed my life.
Best of luck to you Travis :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users