Quantcast

Photo

Do you prefer the olden times neopets, or now?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Neopets is over a decade old.

Having come back from an 8 years haitus, a lot of things have changed in Neopets for me. From dressing up your pets, to making neohomes, etc, etc. It looks to me as though I have much to learn to really get back into the game.

To me, I prefer the neopets of olden times. I guess it's me, that I'm kind of put off to learn new things that I have once tried my hands on and somewhat accomplished.

Back in the olden days, restocking was really, really fun. Faeries were priced at 400-600 at the Magic Shop, and you could easily fetch 200k a day. I could stock at Pharmacy and Magic Shop, and profit about 300k on average. There were much less complicating things, such as the dress-up and all. The "in-thing" back then was to battle, and keep battling. There wasn't stamps, avatars, etc. Every hardcore neopets player wanted to make a name for themselves in the Battledome, in the restocking department, etc. I was one of them. :D I still remember back then, when H4000 Helmet (is that what it's called now?) was called Hypno Helmet, and it was still a buyable! Wow, good old days.

Like I've said earlier, I guess it's just me that I'm put off by all these "new stuffs". I guess it'll be fun to try to dress up my Baby Uni once I have a chance to, but as of now, I kind of miss the old Neopets.

What about you guys who have stayed on long enough to watch Neopets progress? Do you enjoy it's evolution?

#2 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

I liked the old neopets better, but I still play it so i guess its not bad a of a change.

#3 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

I loved the old times... Back then it was easy to make 100 mill in a few days. Way back then on my first account i would have had about 3 billion worth of stuff if still had it, although the total worth of it back then would have been just barely 90 mill...

I also enjoyed the older artwork and navigation bar.

Also, in my Honest Opinion i still think the evolution so far for neopets is good. Not thats its the right way, but i do believe that many will like it more now, simply because we have been brain washed. lol

#4 unforgotten

unforgotten
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:09 PM

The old times were definitely the best.

-nostalgia-

#5 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

I preferred the old times due to the lack of competition xD It so SO easy to get trophies + restock. Now theres SS-ers, AB-ers, yeah sure its fun. But eh, not the same :/

#6 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

I prefer neopets now.

In the "old times" I was a legit player and with a slow internet connection the only money I made was from playing games and dailies - I only ever made it up to 2 million this way. Now I have a more impressive account, with better pets, more neopoints etc. I also love customisation and am probably one of the few people that would really miss the NC Mall if it wasn't here.

#7 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:09 AM

lol i was only little then so I only went on for meerca chase, swarm and destruct o match. I played deckswabber later on for the dubloons that were awarded for getting a score of 300 or higher.

I knew about the lab map, but didn't see the point in training my pet (I had no idea about plots back then)
I could've got the whole set for less than 100k =p

I didn't resell back then, but I think i'd much prefer back then compared to now.
Too many frivolities as mentioned by the OP

#8 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

I prefer the new but if only I was smarter back then... Would've stocked up on all kinds of shit and made my current self much richer

#9 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

I preferred the old times due to the lack of competition xD It so SO easy to get trophies + restock. Now theres SS-ers, AB-ers, yeah sure its fun. But eh, not the same :/

Agreed. I remember getting my Yellow Kwark MP. That was a proud moment for me.

Being away for 8 years, I don't know what drove the market up so crazily. Back then, 5 million was considered a lot, but now it's peas.

#10 Seven

Seven
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

I really liked the old Neopets a lot more in the fact that you really had to get tied to groups to get ahead, but I guess since it's a little more streamlined now it's easier for people to start up and get going. Lots more options now, more competition too.

#11 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

I prefer the old one, I thought it was better. That is all. And there was less cheating competition. Now that is all.

#12 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

I really liked the old Neopets a lot more in the fact that you really had to get tied to groups to get ahead, but I guess since it's a little more streamlined now it's easier for people to start up and get going. Lots more options now, more competition too.

I hear you man. I don't know how Neopets is now, but back then it was so good to be with a group of friends. I remembered the war, was it the Medieval war or something, I had a bunch of good friends, and we borrowed weapons amongst each other. Those were really, really good times, especially when someone trusts you with a Battle Plunger

Edited by rhexis07, 28 April 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#13 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:31 AM

I hear you man. I don't know how Neopets is now, but back then it was so good to be with a group of friends. I remembered the war, was it the Medieval war or something, I had a bunch of good friends, and we borrowed weapons amongst each other. Those were really, really good times, especially when someone trusts you with a Battle Plunger

You could still do that now, you'd just have to be a little more careful about it. Slightly different but lots of people were donating good BD items to the Money Tree in TFR plot.

#14 Phineas

Phineas
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

Olden times definitely. Regular(ish) wars and imaginative, macabre plots like the ski lodge murder mystery. :thumbsup:

#15 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

The olden Neopets was definitely much easier. There was much less competition (and also fewer autobuyers out there so restocking was easier), there were no pesky ads, and plus some of the old games that are now retarded were just fantastic. I loved Ultimate Bullseye and Volcano Run, and I think the new versions of those games just aren't the same.

#16 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

things come and go, change all the time although i liked the old neopets, neopets in general is what brought me back it has developed and it pretty much has had to in order to accomodate the amount of people who play/cheat on it now i think it is a good progress that they are making although they should sometimes come out with more plots and things to make things more enjoyable for people playing rather then just focussing on the neomall nowadays

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

I also enjoyed the older artwork and navigation bar.

This. This. This.
I so miss it. :( I know you can get it with css hack but i want it official.

I also miss the neo only ads. Now its real ads.

#18 Invasian

Invasian
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

I completely agree with you.

I miss the days when we had that toolbar at the top and the ugly yellow sidebar, when we didn't have a million ads whenever we browsed to a neopets page, when there were no cheating programs available that made the game unfair for other users, less flamers on the boards... Oh, the list goes on.

Life changes though. It's either you adjust to it, or you fall behind. It'll never accommodate you.

#19 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

I truly enjoy both the old and new neopets, but if I had to choose, I'd choose old. I started playing neopets when avatars were frequently released. I loved those times because I actually loved forward to every pet day and the avatars made me try new things on neopets that I normally try now. What really differentiated the old and new for me is Adam Vs. Viacom/Nickelodeon, but what really stroked me was the community. I wasn't a BDer at all, but I enjoyed the nice community that the old times had. Scammers were less frequent because people had no reason to scam to begin with because everything was pretty much obtainable with effort and determination. Even if there were scammers, people who were truly scammed were not looked down and looked at skeptically. People actually cared to an extent.

#20 Standard

Standard
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Olden day neopets was by far better! The economy worked, people knew each other.

#21 ibn

ibn
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

I miss the old neopets. The games back then, the old layout.

I was gone from neopets for about 3-4 years. Its changed way too much. Doesn't feel the same now, too commercialized.

#22 Noobert

Noobert
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Old had less adds but new has so much more to do. I guess im on the fence with this one.

#23 sherm

sherm
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

the old. definitely. i really cant put up with games that involve paying actual cash, although i do realize that they deserve another way of earning money for their hard work :I

#24 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

I miss restock times. ._.

#25 tanukipuu

tanukipuu
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

There're things that I don't like about the actual times, specially the cash items, but I still prefer the new one.
It's true the price of the items seem to be 8 or 80kk (I almost fell over backwards when I saw the price of Draiks oO), and it's awful, but on the other hand, they won't let we go away from boredom, as happened to me a few years ago: there's always an event and it's much funnier than before. I wouldn't even be playing it if it was like that.
At first I though the wearables were hm... ridiculous, but I ended up liking them, so... Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited because of some grammar mistakes. My English is baaaad

Edited by tanukipuu, 29 April 2011 - 08:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users