Quantcast

Photo

Lenny Conundrum/Mystery Pic Forum Topic?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#51 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Wish people would learn that their selfish actions often cause others to be punished. I guess this is a good way for them to.

#52 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Wish people would learn that their selfish actions often cause others to be punished. I guess this is a good way for them to.

If they're as selfish as you say, I highly doubt they care. :/

#53 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

just to check. why are there 2 threads about this?

#54 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

just to check. why are there 2 threads about this?

simply no one uses the search function, at times its just difficult and hard to use but this topic... its only about 10 topics down so no idea why it wasnt looked up
but to answer the questions i think the admins are trying to find a way so that they can give the answers to normal members also but are trying to think of a way that doesnt include post count only not sure how far they have progressed with that but thats the goal they have in mind

#55 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

Can't say i fancy it.... But i'm still working hard to my 500...!!@#!@#

We can tell...

#56 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

Can't say i fancy it.... But i'm still working hard to my 500...!!@#!@#

At the rate you're going, don't worry. You'll hit it very soon.:zen:

#57 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Well if 50 posts isn't enough, then what's the difference from 500? I mean, if you KNEW who it was that was doing it, then couldn't you just ban them?
And if you don't know who it is then why is it so hard to believe that it's an advanced member? I'm just wondering how this solves the problem.

Also, I'm a little upset because the LC board was pretty much the main reason I joined. I participated and everything! :/

#58 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

I say keep it at advanced only. The people in mystery pic/lenny conundrum mostly do nothing but those. i.e. if we lose the small burst of traffic every T/W/Th is it that big a deal? We might even get a few active members if we make it advanced only (or at least a good post count)

That being said, we'd need to become more strict on the potential spamming problems.

#59 domos123

domos123
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

So does this mean us peons can discuss the answer on the general forum?

Well, I sure hope we'll be allowed to discuss it, or we may just have to find another site. Lc/mp was the only reason I joined

#60 anbeezy

anbeezy
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Them making it for adv. members kind of solves a good portion of the free rider problem. I think it's a great idea for getting $$ for NC. Honestly, pay $5, support an awesome website, and get some pretty good perks. Might want to consider getting adv membership anyway. :pirate1:

#61 explicit

explicit
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Well, I sure hope we'll be allowed to discuss it, or we may just have to find another site. Lc/mp was the only reason I joined

Start looking ?

It's about time they made it advanced only. Contribute to the site or pay for the answers. Simple enough. Are there not enough free features here already?

#62 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Well the problem with this is for LC I've seen a lot of people sub-500 posts participate a lot and it would kind of suck to see that if they knew but couldn't post it because they cannot see the topic.

#63 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

If the users aren't advanced, they'd just create a board, much like this one, where they could discuss and post their answer, and that'd help with their post count. Although, many of them are pretty ticked off, and probably won't share their answers anyway, since they'd be sharing, and not getting access to the MPs and LCs that Waser and advanced users figure out =\ People always suffer because of the actions of some other idiot.

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

We'll work something out, give us some time.

#65 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

We'll work something out, give us some time.

We trust you Waser :thumbsup:

#66 Oxytor

Oxytor
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm still not sure it's entirely fair. Not everyone HAS a credit card and therefore not everyone has the option of subscribing, I'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind paying and they just aren't able to.

#67 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'm still not sure it's entirely fair. Not everyone HAS a credit card and therefore not everyone has the option of subscribing, I'm sure there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind paying and they just aren't able to.

There is always the 500 posts thing, though I think the LC should be based from rep, once you've gotten x amount of rep (maybe 5?) then you could view it, that way contributor's can view it even though they aren't advanced yet. (but that will mean from now on rep should ONLY be given to good posts, rather than just given out left and right for some kind of silly post)

#68 Oxytor

Oxytor
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

I don't think it would really be possible to moderate what gets repped though. What is helpful to one person may seem useless to another.

#69 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Pay someone in NP to buy advanced for you. It's not that hard.

#70 Oxytor

Oxytor
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Pay someone in NP to buy advanced for you. It's not that hard.

That wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. You would first need to know someone on Neopets with a credit card. You would then also have to trust that said person will follow through on their end of the deal after they take your NP. Then there's the matter of deciding on an NP cost since obviously it doesn't hold nearly as much value as real money.
I dunno, I can see how it might be a good idea to have people paying for it, but having 500 posts or a certain amount of rep would be a reasonable compromise. Anyone can do it if they try, but for a lot of people having to pay money blocks off their access completely and it's not necessarily their fault.

#71 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

That wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. You would first need to know someone on Neopets with a credit card. You would then also have to trust that said person will follow through on their end of the deal after they take your NP. Then there's the matter of deciding on an NP cost since obviously it doesn't hold nearly as much value as real money.
I dunno, I can see how it might be a good idea to have people paying for it, but having 500 posts or a certain amount of rep would be a reasonable compromise. Anyone can do it if they try, but for a lot of people having to pay money blocks off their access completely and it's not necessarily their fault.

On Neopets? No, on Codex. There are also precautions in place to make sure that trades go as smoothly as possible like the Middlemen.

It's like 1-2 million NP for a month, and it would take almost no time at all if you got a more respected and trusted member to buy it and get it transfered to you.

#72 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Well I think the LC wouldn't be a big problem since all of us would be solving it as usual; it's a group effort and the answers are floating around everywhere

More so is the mystery picture which I only know of two sites that actually have ap rogram to figure it out, and the other site is rather slow at posting it and not as thorough as Waser's. I think most of the answers being leaked was Mystery Pic, not so much lenny conundrum (unless we have an extremely smart bunch of people and only we are able to figure it out. Giving past experiences, I doubt that is the case)

#73 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Well if 50 posts isn't enough, then what's the difference from 500? I mean, if you KNEW who it was that was doing it, then couldn't you just ban them?
And if you don't know who it is then why is it so hard to believe that it's an advanced member? I'm just wondering how this solves the problem.

Also, I'm a little upset because the LC board was pretty much the main reason I joined. I participated and everything! :/

Generally speaking, advanced members have more invested in Codex, either emotionally or monetary. Certainly one could pay $5, steal the answer, and share it with another site, but that's really stupid. Making the forum advanced only sucks for the new kids who are nice and polite. But on the other hand, there are loads of people with no posts at all who wander into that forum to take the answers without even a "Thanks Badger!" and they don't deserve jack squat.

The 'discussion' parts of the LC threads are a fucking joke anyway. It's just people throwing in random questions that have nothing to do with anything and then jumping on whatever answer someone else comes up with.

#74 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Generally speaking, advanced members have more invested in Codex, either emotionally or monetary. Certainly one could pay $5, steal the answer, and share it with another site, but that's really stupid. Making the forum advanced only sucks for the new kids who are nice and polite. But on the other hand, there are loads of people with no posts at all who wander into that forum to take the answers without even a "Thanks Badger!" and they don't deserve jack squat.

The 'discussion' parts of the LC threads are a fucking joke anyway. It's just people throwing in random questions that have nothing to do with anything and then jumping on whatever answer someone else comes up with.

don't forget the beloved favourites:

"I dont know the answer"
"What's the answer?"
"Anyone know?"
"So is the answer _____?"
"I put down ____"

#75 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:34 PM