Quantcast

Photo

What was a silly myth you came up yourself when playing Neopets?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I remember when I first started playing Neopets with my friends, I was 12. I was the richest amongst them. (It was 11 years ago already.)

Back then, as most of the older Neopets player would know, 100k is quite a lot (You could afford a Hypno Helmet, now known as H4000 Helmet), and I had a few hundred Ks, and would constantly show them off to my friends.

How I got that few hundred Ks? Snow Mountain Scratch Cards. I used to believe having a highly intelligent pet would make scratching 10k and 5k easier, and bought a tons of book for my pet to read. I remember it had intelligent of over 100, and I would tell my friends, "Ha! My pet just won me 10k off the scratch card!".

I actually really believed in that, because it did build me a a wealth of NPs. The silly things a little child's mind can come up with.

Anyway, I went to play around to try to relive the moments of scratching 10Ks and 5Ks again, but apparently after scratching about 20 scratch cards, I still haven't won anything. <_<

Edited by rhexis07, 17 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#2 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Well, the title and the story threw me off. But I had some really nice things on accounts from 10+ years ago. Posted Image

I used to have PB's out the wazoo.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I started the rumor that TNT can't review your account if you self freeze. Best trolling evar

#4 sLAUGHTER

sLAUGHTER
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

I started the rumor that TNT can't review your account if you self freeze. Best trolling evar

Posted Image

Troll status.

Remember those trade chain letters? I started those, and I'm sorry.

#5 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

Troll status.

Remember those trade chain letters? I started those, and I'm sorry.

Oh this sounds awfully familiar..... :x3:

#6 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

Anyone remember the ghost fiasco on the neoboards?
I don't remember the exact year but it was 4+ ago, but anyways we randomly gifted 'spooky' items and just posted on boards saying 'boo' and such. People freaked out and some claimed this was us warning them that they would be scammed or hacked the next day. One girl even claimed she had a panic attack over it and filed something with TNT.
In the end we all got frozen but I still have 200+ ghost marshmallows for gifting.

I have no myth myself that I believe in but this thread reminded me of the ghosting, so I wonder if anyone here remembers this?

#7 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I think the first couple years of playing I would pray to the Neopets gods to give me stuff LOL not really a myth type thing but I remember being like OH LAWDY plz let get something good from this wheel! Or some shit lol I was like 12 and weird

#8 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

I once heard that agility is related the chance of stealing something from the snowager :p

and I rmb there was a site called "tineneohelp" or something like that. I thought it was amazing, and then it came to JN and SN's era :pirate1:

#9 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

I actually thought that my pets would die if they didn't eat enough food. It was during the tamagochi era, so i was checking my account every hour to make sure the pet didn't die. As there were no 3G phones or laptops during the time i was in school (damned poor then) i would sneak of into the school computer lab, log in, made sure my kougra wasn't dead, then sneak out. Hahaha.

#10 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Anyone remember the ghost fiasco on the neoboards?
I don't remember the exact year but it was 4+ ago, but anyways we randomly gifted 'spooky' items and just posted on boards saying 'boo' and such. People freaked out and some claimed this was us warning them that they would be scammed or hacked the next day. One girl even claimed she had a panic attack over it and filed something with TNT.
In the end we all got frozen but I still have 200+ ghost marshmallows for gifting.

I have no myth myself that I believe in but this thread reminded me of the ghosting, so I wonder if anyone here remembers this?

I remember I happened across a thread about this as people were being frozen. I thought it was really dumb that people were freaking out, but I did see that.

I once heard that agility is related the chance of stealing something from the snowager :p

and I rmb there was a site called "tineneohelp" or something like that. I thought it was amazing, and then it came to JN and SN's era :pirate1:

I used to go to tineneohelp back in the day.

#11 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

spamming exactly 100 clicks on the center of wheel of fortune before it stops gives you 10k

#12 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

spamming exactly 100 clicks on the center of wheel of fortune before it stops gives you 10k

Oh man! This made me remember that I used to have a wheel thing! I used to click and drag counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise, if you prefer) on the wheels to try to slow them down faster.

Also... wheel of fortune?

#13 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

I believed that if you bought a Kadoatie that it would appear in the Kad feeder and whatever it was fed you would get as an item -headdesk-.
Almost spent 3m on one (quite a lot in like the olden neo times) xD

Edited by without123, 18 May 2011 - 01:16 AM.

#14 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Oh man! This made me remember that I used to have a wheel thing! I used to click and drag counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise, if you prefer) on the wheels to try to slow them down faster.

Also... wheel of fortune?

Lol, there was a rumour going around that if you could click on the spot you want the wheel to land on constantly while it spun, it would land on that area. Haha

#15 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

my pets would actually die if i didnt feed them :(

#16 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

my pets would actually die if i didnt feed them :(

See?! That was the same as me! Hahaha.

#17 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

i meant wheel of excitement

#18 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

I played games for weeks to buy the many 100.000 NP swords of skardsen in the user shops until I realized you couldn't buy them

#19 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

LOL THORGAL. yeah i remembered that. that was before gallery was up.

#20 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

That if I didnt treat my pets properly, good stuff would stop happening to my account.

#21 Yui

Yui
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Well I thought that my pets would run away if I didn't feed them/play with them (circa 2000ish...) and I swear I had that same belief about intelligence. o-o

#22 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

I played games for weeks to buy the many 100.000 NP swords of skardsen in the user shops until I realized you couldn't buy them

Actually, i did that as well. I spent ages trying to get 100kNP (mostly through games) just to buy something rare in those shops. :S

#23 nubcaked

nubcaked
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

Using your scratchcard at the 12 hour will give you 10k.

#24 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

I used to think that if you lost in the battledome that your pet died.

#25 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

I used to think your pet would run away... :p

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users