Elitist Swine!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm an elitist because I'm just genuinely better than a whole lot of people.

#27 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

I'm an elitist for sure... Mostly about music. I will openly call Deadmau5 boring and call people out for wearing one of his shirts. On the other hand, I also call people out for pitchfork-core bullshit. Oh, and prog-rockfags... God I fucking hate em.

#28 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

"they have no choice"

This is absolute bullshit and I'm sick of people saying things like this. You always have a choice, people that think they don't are looking at the world (their life) the wrong way. So many people live their life chasing money or the next big promotion etc etc. Fuck what people make you believe you 'have' to do or how you 'should' live your life, actually live your life rather than just fucking surviving.

This^^^^

Unless someone is utilizing every possible moment of their day to advance his purpose, he is not trying his hardest.
A person can use leisure time to generate more income that he can save to pay for education or testing to get better qualifications, translating into a better job.

Some people may have a harder time getting a job, but there are tons of businesses that make money with incompetent workers or even bosses.
There are businesses you can teach yourself and start with almost no capital as well.

There are always ways to make more money and improve your situation.

This^^^^

First off, you don't understand the real reason people hate going off topic. This is a legitimate discussion so it isn't frowned upon as pointless once sentence banter is.

Anyway....
The main point I'm making is still people can always make money, even if they will be losing most of it through living expenses.
Although a person's normal expenses may only cover their cost of living and nothing more, there are ways to make money in what would normally be leisure time that can be saved and put towards investments.

I personally worked an $8/h job during high school which paid most of my basic expenses like gas, auto insurance, food, leisure money. Granted, my parents feed me at home if I'm not out and put a roof over my head, this still covered all of my expenses and I only received as a check around $120 a week. This was a part time job where I worked only 15 or so hours. However, I did go to school for most of the day and was involved in various extracurriculars that took up time. Regardless, I was still able to pay my expenses. I believe that if I really had to pay for my own living, I could live in a very cheap apartment with a roommate and afford to live.

In addition, I spent my leisure time teaching myself web design and SEO. I started my own business with the money I made selling NP for other and doing various other online tasks on web design forums. I started a steady passive income by working in the little free time that I did have.

These people are not working 24/7. They are certainly relaxing and doing something to let off steam. This is, no doubt, necessary, but not all the time. They can make more money by either finding a second job or learning something online that they could sell as a freelancer.

And certainly you must know of government aid for students? If students are intelligent and did well enough in grades 1-12 to get into college, there are extraordinary packages for students who are disadvantaged.
I know someone who comes from a middle class family, but has a single parents. They are by no means poor. However, he is still going to school almost for free. FAFSA does wonders for helping students afford education. There are tons of government, private, and school grants available.

aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddd THIS^^^

He knows what im trying to convey.

I just hate it when people are 'hard pressed' to find a job and do absolutely NOTHING about it. They sit on their arses all day long moping about and not actively going out and actually trying to look for a job to PAY THEIR WAY. Im sick of paying my taxes so that low lifes like those can sit back and mooch off the government/us hard workers. They even get better benefits if they pop out more children too while on the dole (google it if you dont know what it is). No wonder people in this day and age "cant be bothered" and "dont try". Its because the bloody government readily hands out too many benefits for them to be motivated to get a job.

#29 Skyscrape

Skyscrape
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'm elitist, in a fashion sense too, but in the way that if I've seen someone plaster on makeup, straighten/dye their hair, put extensions in, and in the most popular fashion year long(Even when it's daisy dukes and tanktops in winter) I assume they're idiots, and bitchy, backstabbing children. In my experience, they usually have been, thus where the view comes from but then again, it is high school in a bogan(redneck) area, so what did I expect?

#30 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFPVhkWcCE

There, there. *pat pat*
I get pretty mad about that as well. It's hard not to be pressed when you're working your ass off and you see someone getting a free ride. I have to remind myself that I do I do I do believe in spooks charity and helping the less fortunate, because even though there are disgusting vermin who take advantage of the system, there are always people out there who have been through some tragedy or are down on their luck who just need a little bit of help getting back on their feet. I have to remind myself of that a lot.

I tend to think of myself as this elitist bitchy person, but the sad reality is that I'm pretty open minded and accepting of differences.
It makes me sick!

#31 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm elitist towards two things. People who cheat on their bf/gf and people who play casual games (Or think CoD is the shit)

#32 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

I guess this is a pet peeve more than being elitist, but I am super elitist about people who give flimsy handshakes. Nothing spoils my first impression of a person more than someone who gives me a dead fish handshake. I immediately get a pretty bad impression of the person, as I assume that they are not enthusiastic about the meeting.

#33 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

I guess this is a pet peeve more than being elitist, but I am super elitist about people who give flimsy handshakes. Nothing spoils my first impression of a person more than someone who gives me a dead fish handshake. I immediately get a pretty bad impression of the person, as I assume that they are not enthusiastic about the meeting.

What if the person giving the flimsy handshake were just shy though? I know that i tend to give flimsy handshakes when i don't know the person very well, or i feel intimidated.

#34 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

In Australia, there is no such thing as a flimsy handshake amongst 'blokes' (or the women as a matter of fact lol). If you have a flimsy handshake here, you're gay, simple as that XD

#35 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

In Australia, there is no such thing as a flimsy handshake amongst 'blokes' (or the women as a matter of fact lol). If you have a flimsy handshake here, you're gay, simple as that XD

how weird :o here it requires you to have floppy wrists in general when talking.

But very few people know how to shake hands here. It's so awkward. Also many people don't know how to hug. Whether it's because they hold for too long/short or if they're just too bony and it their point hip thrusts against my kidney or something.

#36 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

But very few people know how to shake hands here. It's so awkward. Also many people don't know how to hug. Whether it's because they hold for too long/short or if they're just too bony and it their point hip thrusts against my kidney or something.

This is precisely why I pinch people on the ass when I hug them. To distract them from the pointy hip digging into their frontside.
... just kidding. I try to avoid human contact if at all possible.

#37 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

This is precisely why I pinch people on the ass when I hug them. To distract them from the pointy hip digging into their frontside.
... just kidding. I try to avoid human contact if at all possible.

Hey you can pinch my ass AND thrust your pointy hip into me anyday Punk ;)

#38 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

eww mutton...Let me see if I can answer this question correctly (: but I would say I have it towards lifting...I cannot stand people who are not willing to take 5 minutes of their time to learn the proper form instead of trying to just power their way through the whole exercise looking like a swinging tree, or a curled up sausage back..I always take pride in my form when I lift because thats just not being lazy.

Do i judge people on what they wear because of my pride etc...I always think you should be dressing to impress whereever you go so...
Do I think outside of football, and basketball all others are shit? Hell no...it takes dedication, discipline, conditioning to play anything from baseball, to racing...I always give a sport their own respect.
And tv? Eh people personalities will always be attracted to the various shows out there

Edited by dk8932, 22 May 2011 - 07:17 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users