Photo

Haggling on Abrosia

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Converge

Converge
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

My strategy for Abrosia has been to mass buy common items which sell relatively quickly instead of solely focusing on rarer items which although would sell for a considerably higher profit, they tend to sell less frequently. Basically I'm trying to selling more for less than less for more.

For this strategy to work I need to be able to get the lowest price possible in the official stores to ensure maximum return, but I'm having problems achieving this with Abrosia. For example, I went to the Health Food Store and bought an Organic Banana, haggling I managed to get the Banana down to 950NP. I logged out of my account signed into Abrosia, and set Abrosia up to buy an Organic Banana, it bought it for 1274NP. I went into the settings changed the Haggle Percentage from 15% to 25%, it still bought the Banana for 1274, so I increased the percentage to 35%, it still bought the Banna for 1274, I changed the Haggle Algorithim from Fixed to Smart, it still bought the Banana for 1274, I increased the Haggled Percentage further, and once again 1274.

So I'm wondering how does haggling work in Abrosia, I'm assuming it only haggles once instead of a succession of haggles? And if so is there any way to get Abrosia to haggle further?

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

If the haggle percentage dosen't work, then there's nothing else, that is the feature that you should be using. I wouldn't be very surprised if it wasn't working, I'm pretty sure 99% of people don't change it and wouldn't know if it worked or not.

Edited by Neoquest, 20 May 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#3 huevoquilmes

huevoquilmes
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

maybe post it on the official Abrosia forum? if it doesnt work, and doubt it takes long for a programer to see whats up :)

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

Abrosia is not designed to buy items and save you as much as profit as you want. Its about speed.

If we made it haggle down to the maximum price, you would save maybe 100-500 np and would never be able to get anything worth value. That's stupid.

So Abrosia will never haggle more then once, unless we run out of things to do, and decide to add that as a feature.

#5 Converge

Converge
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

It's not stupid, it's modern commerce and I'm trying to utilise those principles on my neopets account because I have both the funds and shop size to do so and because I think it's far more discrete than refreshing every 8 to 11 seconds over an hour or whatever time period only to buy a handful of items.

For me it's the rarer items that are harder to sell, I'd say about 50 to 60 spaces in my shop are filled with items ranging from 10,000 to 89,000 NP and most of them have been sitting in my shop for 3 months, some longer, I check the prices in the Super Shop Wizard, they're the cheapest, there's just not as much demand for them whereas the Organic Bananas for example, I've recently sold 57 within 2 days.

Edited by Converge, 20 May 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

My haggle percentage is .001

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

Since i havn't actually looked too far at the source for abrosia im not sure what it uses (argue probally touched on it a bit better), but this is what i use:
def smartPrice(x):
        import random
        iCost = int(x)
        iCostStr = str(iCost)
        if iCost < 10: return iCostStr
        if iCost < 100: return iCostStr[0]+iCostStr[0]
        else:
                nVal = iCostStr[0:2]
                for i in xrange(2,len(iCostStr)):
                        nVal += iCostStr[random.choice([0,1])]
        return nVal

It basically runs off the same idea for if you were legit ab'ing. If the number is less than 10, its that value... if it is less than 100, it is the first number doubled (46 = ab -> aa == 44) then for the other numbers you really just have to read the code and find out for yourself :p

#8 Converge

Converge
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

I lack knowledge of coding, so I'm having a difficult time reading that excerpt. I'm assuming 'x' is the haggle price Abrosia inputs, and I see there are conditions that loop back onto themselves but the rest is completely unintelligible to me, I have no idea what int, str, nVal or xrange mean.

I don't expect you to spoon-feed me the answers, but what I would like to know is why you showed me that code, were you merely trying to show me how the haggle function works, or were you showing me that I can change it myself to get the desired results?

Also are there any articles or tutorial on python that you would recommend?

Thank you.

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Read the one i wrote :p And i cant explain that without spoon feeding you :p

int -> turns a variable into an integer
str -> returns a string representation of an object (ex: 45 -> "45")
nVal -> A variable i defined as the return variable... it is a string
xrange -> A built-in function that creates a generator class that is x numbers long.

iCost -> An integer representation of the input
iCostStr -> A string representation of the input (it is redundant since the input is most likey already a string, but i like to take precautions)

I recommend you read some basics of programming, because there is nothing too too complicated about the above statement.

I was showing you how i haggle in my auto buyer so you can see and understand concepts associated with programs. I would have done it for abrosia but i dont know the inner workings too well.

#10 Converge

Converge
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thank you very much kind Sir :)

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

I was showing you how i haggle in my auto buyer so you can see and understand concepts associated with programs. I would have done it for abrosia but i dont know the inner workings too well.

It's essentially the same in Abrosia, take the first two characters and repeat them.

#12 JoJoOAO

JoJoOAO
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

Actually what you're trying to do is not a bad idea at all.. but i don't think you can do it with abrosia. i mean.. you could.. if you change the code and add a several haggle function.. so you can buy really low.. and start your own amazon store :p
Maybe you can try whay Huevoquilmes said and post it in abrosia suggestions for further versions.. :) or.. try somehow to alter the haggle function ( i don't think you can go for it :p ) or make your own program (?) but in a much more single version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users