ITT: We talk about Religion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

The fact that you think that was a valid retort belies your ignorance.

So what your saying is that evolution means that people will be nice on their own?

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

So what your saying is that evolution means that people will be nice on their own?

Surprisingly, it's a little more complicated than that, which is probably why your understanding is so limited.
But to put it as simply as I care to do for you, evolutionary studies demonstrate that altruism can be a fundamental part of an evolutionarily stable strategy.

#28 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Give the number of religious debate topics, and you didn't even bother to give an opinion, I'm moving this to chit-chat

See. I like to hear about others opinions before I shove it down their throats.
And we don't have to make an argument about religion, simply talk about it.

& I didn't want to gravedig as those should be kept dead, no? I like things fresh and new.
And not every debate will be the same. See?

Btw +rep to Sweeney. BAMF.

#29 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

And not every debate will be the same. See?

It may not have the same people or the same words but every point made has most likely been repeated from the possibly hundreds of religious debates we have had on this website.

I'd like to say I'm an atheist but I would like to think all atheists including myself are truly agnostics. Sure we can believe that there is no god or supernatural being, but we really don't know, so saying one is an atheist is almost as bad as being religious. The thought of there being something that created all of these planets just makes me want to poop on someone but I can't disprove anything. Once again, religion kept on a tight leash is extremely good for society, left outside loose too long and it creates chaos. Short and sweet baby.

ALSO, religion doesn't create morales. We as human beings have the common sense to be morally good and to the surprise of iargue, most of us will treat others nice just cause.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users