What do you collect?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Just wondering if anyone here on Codex has any interesting collections?
Don't say Neopets items :p

I collect sneakers. Haven't added to my collection in awhile and sold off some rarer sneakers, but still do love them.
I also collect Nintendo memorabilia, and Boy Scout stuff.

Also, I just started my watch collection. Currently have 3 but plan on expanding throughout my lifetime.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

The only things that is even closest to being called a collection is my Pokemon Games. I have one copy of every single pokemon game from red/blue to black/white. I also have the Pokemon Wii download games, Pokemon Snap, Trozei, you name it. I even have all the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games. Looking back, I'm both surprised and in awe that my parents bought me everything.

#3 qweable

qweable
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Not much of a collection but Ive got about 25 gundam models. The collection would be bigger but a lot of them fell apart while I was moving to a new home a few years back and I never got around to going through all the parts and putting them together.They dont have much use after I build them but I would clean them and change the pose every now and then. Ive also got a few paintball markers and a couple of swords.

#4 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

I used to collect cards (pokemon, magic, yugioh).
What i did was to sell the less valuable ones and keep the best ones for myself which basically made my collection self sustaining, cause i actually started to make money back at some point.

This was happening during middle school when i could exploit the stupids and take their money in exchange for worthless pieces of paper.

#5 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

i collect money.

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

I have a small collection of the Monster High dolls, and panda robots, plushies, and figurines.

My boyfriend hates elephants, so whenever I see a small elephant figurine I buy it and hide it somewhere at his place. So that's what he collects.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

I collect these expensive pieces of plastic.

Spoiler

Don't got a whole lot though, low on funds from buying other things constantly.

#8 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

Music.
Spoiler

#9 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

I collect Magic cards, specifically Planeswalkers. 4 of each! Its just such an addictive game. :S

#10 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Nothing I really collect per say.. I guess you could say books! I've got 4 full shelves of them (plus some comic books) and I simply refuse to get an e-reader. I love turning the pages and the smell of a new book :p

I also play Magic as well, but not as much as I used to. Reminds me too much of my ex. I'd rather play it on Magic Online

Edited by Katrinas, 29 May 2011 - 10:56 PM.

#11 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Gold medals. Because second place is just the first loser.

I collect Magic cards, specifically Planeswalkers. 4 of each! Its just such an addictive game. :S

Another Magic player, huh? Do you play competitively, or is it more of a hobby for you?

#12 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

I don't really "collect" but I buy/read a lot of non-fiction books

#13 niccolopogi

niccolopogi
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

I collect the Sandman series and some other graphic novels. I also collect the Discworld series.

I collected the Pokemon video games at one point. I stopped when I got a PSP instead of a DS :p

#14 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Gold medals. Because second place is just the first loser.

Another Magic player, huh? Do you play competitively, or is it more of a hobby for you?

I play more for fun, i have a small tight knit group of friends and we meet once a week to try out new and silly deck ideas. I used to play competitively but its so repetitious, everyone has the same deck and the play is so boring and stagnant. I once made a Furnace Celebration deck with nothing but cards that sac themselves for free. Hahaha. Didn't win much games, but damn was it fun. :D

#15 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:43 AM

pokemon cards! I started when the cards first came out whilst I was still in primary school. =]
Still collecting them 11 years after =p

#16 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:40 AM

I also collect the Discworld series.

Me too! I have all of the main series, all the maps, but my diary collection is lacking - I've only got three. I've also got a complete set of the Discworld pewter miniatures.

I'm going to collect the new My Little Pony toys once Hasbro get their ass in gear and release them in the UK. I could start now with the wonders of the internet, but the wonders of eBay price gouging is putting me off.

#17 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

I collect keychains. I try to get a keychain whenever I go somewhere, and so looking at my collection is a cool way to remember back to those times. Part of my collection has been lost through the years, but most of it is intact.
I also collect disney pins. I buy shitty counterfeit pins and trade them at Disneyland for better ones (which may or may not be fake too. Who knows). I only trade with workers there, since other pin traders seem to all be neckbeard no-lifes that give me the creeps. Also, employees can't say no. I see one I want, I get it.

Edited by GeorgeBright, 30 May 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#18 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

pokemon cards! I started when the cards first came out whilst I was still in primary school. =]

I don't collect them anymore but I did have quite the collection of Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh and Digimon cards. Now my sister collects the Pokemon cards and I've given up on the rest.....

As for what I collect now...nothing...unless you count my collection of dead animal pictures......new ones added every few days....is that creepy? :p

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

I don't collect them anymore but I did have quite the collection of Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh and Digimon cards. Now my sister collects the Pokemon cards and I've given up on the rest.....

As for what I collect now...nothing...unless you count my collection of dead animal pictures......new ones added every few days....is that creepy? :p

I remember when I collected Pokemon cards as a kid, whenever I got a holographic card my mother always made me put it in her room for safekeeping.

Never could use them for their true purpose, but I never usually played the cared game anyways.

#20 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

I have the first 3 sets of Pokemon cards and a fuck load of YuGayOh cards. All dating back at least 6 years.

Anyone want to buy them?

#21 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

I collect antique weapons , from handguns to bayonnettes .
And I collected old Videoconsole and games such as NES, SNES ,N64, Atari 2600, Sega Dreamcast, ....

#22 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

I have the first 3 sets of Pokemon cards and a fuck load of YuGayOh cards. All dating back at least 6 years.

Anyone want to buy them?

On that note, I've got unopened 1st Edition Jungle Booster Packs, and a sealed Overgrowth Theme Deck that I may part with if the price is right...

#23 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

To be honest before this thread the last time I even thought about those cards was at least 2 years ago. Mom was always pushing me to sell em but I said to keep waiting. Is it a good time now? How much would I roughly get for those pokemon sets? I'm assuming at least a grand.

edit: On that note I'm looking at ebay now and a holographic charizard goes for $50. lmao lmao.

I have to get my mind off this quick before I jizz my pants and sell these all

Edited by Jake, 30 May 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL

Don't you also collect venereal diseases?

#25 Seven

Seven
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

I collect vinyls and game boxes. Kinda useless, but hey.

I used to have Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh cards too, but those are all gone. Whatever. TCGs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users