Photo

2 users same network, bad?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

So me and my brother both play neopets, on the same network, and therefore same ip (if im right)
and sometimes my friend is around, and he plays neopets as well..

Doesn't this look bad, in the eyes of TNT?

i know i could be proxy'ing it up, but i dont wanna spend money on a good proxy, and the ones i was able to find, was extremely slow and non reliant.

Thanks in advance :)

#2 huevoquilmes

huevoquilmes
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:03 AM

All i can tell you, is that dont waste time like most people puting in you userlookup xplanations, they said it a thousand times, that they dont take that into account :p

#3 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

perhaps no.
I have been accessing more than 6 accounts with the same IP, so far none of them got banned due to multi account

#4 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

thats a relief, thanks :)
If anybody thinks anything different that the ones above, please let me know :p

#5 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

If you're caught cheating you'll get a chain freeze.
If you dont cheat then you're probably safe.

#6 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

You'll be fine as long as you are legit. However, if TNT thinks there is something suspicious with one of your accounts, they will either freeze just that account, or all of them. Your IP address could also be permanently banned.

#7 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

my sister and I used the same comp for neopets and never got frozen, you should be fine as long as you don't cheat. If you do cheat, it's likely to result in a chain freeze, depending on your method of cheating.

#8 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

As long as they dont see a lot of weird trades, you are safe. :) I don't know their critery tho. I suppose if an account only does dailies and the earnings are sent to another that looks suspicious and they'll keep an eye.

#9 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

I dont think so. Though i'm not sure if it will bring up a red flag if you run multiple accounts from the same IP for long periods of time. My sister has an account she uses and normally does it around the same time i'm on, though for around an hour or 2 at most. So far, been doing this for a few months and nothing has happened yet. I'm sure you're alright, though it would be suspicious if you ran multiple accounts everyday for hours on end.

#10 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

I do dailies on all my accounts. Gotta make TNT believe there's a huge extended family in my house, or tons of my neighbours are stealing my wifi to play Neopets :p

#11 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

well i cheat :p so well, i usually use proxy on the ones where i cheat, soo should be okay i guess

#12 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

Want to know something funny? All three of us siblings played neopets at one point. Only I was the only one cheating meaning I had multiple accounts, the works. I was chain frozen, but both my brother and sister were spared.... twice. I was chain frozen twice and they were both safe. I guess TNT spared them because I never sent items to their account (except once in a full moon) as gifts and their accounts looked really legit considering that they never made any np, traded, or anything other than play some flash games once in a while. Take this as some help to deduce "TNT's criteria"

#13 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Want to know something funny? All three of us siblings played neopets at one point. Only I was the only one cheating meaning I had multiple accounts, the works. I was chain frozen, but both my brother and sister were spared.... twice. I was chain frozen twice and they were both safe. I guess TNT spared them because I never sent items to their account (except once in a full moon) as gifts and their accounts looked really legit considering that they never made any np, traded, or anything other than play some flash games once in a while. Take this as some help to deduce "TNT's criteria"

Wow. I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe this was back when TNT had a heart. Posted Image

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Wow. I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe this was back when TNT had a heart. Posted Image

I've frequently had sides spared when I get a main frozen. As long as it doesn't seem like the other accounts are profiteering, they will generally be safe.

#15 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

It should be fine. I've got several siblings and friends who share the same IP. Plus people that live in residence and what not generally share the same IP.

#16 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Just don't cheat...

#17 masspanic

masspanic
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

My sister, brother, and I have all played on the same computers and network for years. My best friend and boyfriend come over and play almost everyday too.

None of us have ever gotten in trouble or frozen for anything. TNT seems to be pretty good at telling the difference between users. For example, my accounts are always really well put together. Nicely named painted pets, custom graphics on everything, lots of chatting, and the same general habits everyday. My sister has a few painted pets, but pretty poorly named and she only plays a few games and does her dailies, never really chatting on the boards. My little brother has terrible named, unpainted pets and he only logs in about once a month to play a few games and never chats.

TNT has said before that the way people play can usually tell them if they are the same people or not.

#18 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

They can differentiate in a way...

2 years ago i was staying with my friends and we all played neopets.. i was cheating on my 2 sides and those two were frozen but my main and the rest of them were safe...

#19 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

My sister, brother, and I have all played on the same computers and network for years. My best friend and boyfriend come over and play almost everyday too.

None of us have ever gotten in trouble or frozen for anything. TNT seems to be pretty good at telling the difference between users. For example, my accounts are always really well put together. Nicely named painted pets, custom graphics on everything, lots of chatting, and the same general habits everyday. My sister has a few painted pets, but pretty poorly named and she only plays a few games and does her dailies, never really chatting on the boards. My little brother has terrible named, unpainted pets and he only logs in about once a month to play a few games and never chats.

TNT has said before that the way people play can usually tell them if they are the same people or not.

TNT also says they only ban people who cheat.

#20 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

Kay thanks, i wish there was a TNT guy who went bad and leaked some kinda useful info :p

#21 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

Kay thanks, i wish there was a TNT guy who went bad and leaked some kinda useful info :p

I once saw a former Neopets employee unfreezing old accounts on a board don't if it's true or just a scam

#22 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

haha awesome :b
Maybe i should go around and find some dirt on an employee, would be awesome to have one of those in your pocket!

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

I once saw a former Neopets employee unfreezing old accounts on a board don't if it's true or just a scam

Probably a scam. Sounds like standard scam material.

#24 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

haha awesome :b
Maybe i should go around and find some dirt on an employee, would be awesome to have one of those in your pocket!

And make him rig all the random events for you?!?! :D

#25 Bloop

Bloop
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

I also have a sibling who actively plays and I have been Chain iced before and she was also spared.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users