• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-13639934

A teenager in China has sold one of his kidneys in order to buy an iPad 2, Chinese media report.

The 17-year-old, identified only as Little Zheng, told a local TV station he had arranged the sale of the kidney over the internet.

The story only came to light after the teenager's mother became suspicious.

The case highlights China's black market in organ trafficking. A scarcity of organ donors has led to a flourishing trade.

Deep red scar

It all started when the high school student saw an online advert offering money to organ donors.

Illegal agents organised a trip to the hospital and paid him $3,392 (£2,077) after the operation.

With the cash the student bought an iPad 2, as well as a laptop.

When his mother noticed the computers and the deep red scar on his body, which was caused by the surgery, Little Zheng confessed.

In 2007, Chinese authorities banned organ trafficking and have introduced a voluntary donor scheme to try to combat the trade.

#2 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Little Zheng? Half of China has that last name.

#3 Brennon

Brennon
  • 938 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Yeah I saw this on the Phillip Defranco Show Yesterday. :p

#4 rapmastahc

rapmastahc
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

Eeeewwww, that's messed up, Little Zheng. A black market for organs *shudder*

#5 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Maybe the little is referring to his name being Xiao Zheng, which translates loosely as Little Zheng. But i understand what you're trying to say.

Thats insane. This news article should become a signed petition to Apple to lower the cost of its merchandise and to make them more readily available to everyone. :D

#6 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

Eeeewwww, that's messed up, Little Zheng. A black market for organs *shudder*

The Chinese government makes millions if not billions out of it. They sentence people to death and sell their organs, humanely wrong maybe but efficient, definitely!

#7 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

I wouldn't sell my kidney for an iPad or shit like that, but college tuition LOL.. where do I sign over my kidney..

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

I wouldn't sell my kidney for an iPad or shit like that, but college tuition LOL.. where do I sign over my kidney..

It's simple, sell your kidney for your college tuition value and buy a cheap Chinese kidney for $2,000 so the kid can buy an iPad. Win-win situation there.

#9 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

This is the world we live in, uuuuhuhhh
scary shit...

#10 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

It's simple, sell your kidney for your college tuition value and buy a cheap Chinese kidney for $2,000 so the kid can buy an iPad. Win-win situation there.

What if she has a bad kidney?

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

What if she has a bad kidney?

Stock up on spares.

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Psh, I have great kidneys, and I only need one to live so brb goin 2 find organ black market

#13 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Stock up on spares.

True dat, keep them in the back of the car in case you ever need one.

#14 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

I hope he sells the other one when iPad 3 comes out next month, spends 2 months on dialysis, misses an appointment, and dies a slow painful death.

#15 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I hope he sells the other one when iPad 3 comes out next month, spends 2 months on dialysis, misses an appointment, and dies a slow painful death.

I was literally just wondering where the fuck you went about an hour ago.

#16 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Lmao, I'd never do that. The tuition though... That's a good idea. :o

#17 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Why? It's his kidney right? And people donate them all the time... so there is no extra danger from being paid... he just gets a little incentive to donate...

#18 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

I was literally just wondering where the fuck you went about an hour ago.

Psychic connection! I lurk for a few minutes every day... But on the weekends I get to actually make myself known.

Why? It's his kidney right? And people donate them all the time... so there is no extra danger from being paid... he just gets a little incentive to donate...

It also shortens your life expectancy by about 5 years. Sorry, but an apple product isn't even worth 5 days of my life. The people who donate do it out of the goodness of their heart, this capitalist swine decided to make a profit on someone else's misfortune... And spend the profits on a menial product that will be a dinosaur-machine in a few years time. What a toolbox.

#19 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

I read somewhere that a woman was arrested here trying to sell her two children for one i`Pad 2 O_o. I didn't know people were that desperate to get one...

#20 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

It also shortens your life expectancy by about 5 years. Sorry, but an apple product isn't even worth 5 days of my life. The people who donate do it out of the goodness of their heart, this capitalist swine decided to make a profit on someone else's misfortune... And spend the profits on a menial product that will be a dinosaur-machine in a few years time. What a toolbox.

Exactly the way I was thinking.

#21 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I read somewhere that a woman was arrested here trying to sell her two children for one i`Pad 2 O_o. I didn't know people were that desperate to get one...

WTF!!! What has this world come to??

Edited by Blueberry, 04 June 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#22 mizukori

mizukori
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

No idea, but people are going to do stupid stuff to get what they want.

#23 Pangca

Pangca
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

I saw this on FailBlog. It frightens me what people are willing to pay for technology. Especially Apple products in general >_> $80/month data plans on an iPhone anyone?

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

It has always been that way.

#25 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Fuck man, People always do this kinda thing in china/japan they cook babies that come from an abortion.
And then sell or some shit. Fucking disgusting :/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users