Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#2751 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

WB JCR!

Ok I got a question..I have a list of 20 shops I use AB on. AB seems to be picking only 5 of the stores and rotating between those 5 out of 20. Everyday it seems a different 5 stores but it will only AB from those 5 stores. It never goes to the 15 other stores..

#2752 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

WB JCR!

Ok I got a question..I have a list of 20 shops I use AB on. AB seems to be picking only 5 of the stores and rotating between those 5 out of 20. Everyday it seems a different 5 stores but it will only AB from those 5 stores. It never goes to the 15 other stores..

WOW I have no idea... I think that... is a situation that should be assessed by SLink or someone who has access to the source. I'm pretty sure I used to use about 7-8 shops, but I never really paid attention to which shops did and did not get visited.

#2753 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

wouldn't it be better to only use 5? like I mean the DB isn't always up to date in the ones that aren't shopped regularily so going in there really sucks. Even on non advanced I usually end up in the same 5 shops or so.

OH i had a question! so I must tell you I have a question before I ask it!

Is there a way for the db to recognize when a main shop is full with 24 items(no new items coming) reason I ask is that lets say you were in the spooky shop for example and nothing ever refreshes because it is full could you set it to switch shops.

#2754 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

wouldn't it be better to only use 5? like I mean the DB isn't always up to date in the ones that aren't shopped regularily so going in there really sucks. Even on non advanced I usually end up in the same 5 shops or so.

Is there a way for the db to recognize when a main shop is full with 24 items(no new items coming) reason I ask is that lets say you were in the spooky shop for example and nothing ever refreshes because it is full could you set it to switch shops.

1. I agree with the first statement. I've trimmed my shop list from 7-8 down significantly.

2. I assume you mean "Abrosia" instead of "the db"

I've heard of similar reports of a shop being "full"... but I've never heard the quantity 24 before. Maybe with proper data, this could be remedied?

#2755 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

sorry I meant the Database, For example I was in tropical foods and many of the prices in the database are wrong but it is only because the items are low rarity and still aren't frequent so their prices range from 1k to 15k depending on your wiz search. I assume most people do not ab in there often or the items purchased would be bought and their values lowered in the database. Which is why I would focus on 5 or less so that even if not many other people shopped there you could keep the database up to date more often.

What I meant by 24 was that there are 4 rows of 6 items when a shop is full and no new items come in until some are bought.

Edited by unworthy, 21 January 2010 - 04:49 PM.

#2756 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Shows will still gain new inventory when they are "full".

#2757 Benji2

Benji2
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

You have to be an advanced member I believe to change the ABrosia settings.

That makes sense, I guess.
But 8 seconds is such a huge waiting time. It'll be rare to get anything.

#2758 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hmm I use 8 seconds sometimes and I am advanced. I get UBs a lot of the time ... even MPs!! So 8 second refreshes is fine.

#2759 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

You'd be surprised, before I was advanced I had it set to 8-12 seconds and easily picked items up, plus there was a less chance of getting RSed banned, so having a low refresh time isn't always a great thing to have.

#2760 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^á´¥^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

Holy Hell. I spent 2 evenings reading through all 111 pages. Literally half of this topic is people asking about why they can't use "Advanced" member functions yet! This makes me rage so much I want to punch all of them in the face. How fucking hard is it to read the OP. Seriously.

Here are some thoughts..

Notes for anyone who skipped to the last page:
Many people claim that botting 24h a day is fine under the right conditions.
Freeze rate is related to spending too much time in a single shop. Also, high profit shops.
Jumping shops after buy is a good idea. SL said it wasn't intentional but I think it's a better system.

Suggestions:

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the program. These are just suggestions to consider based on my own opinion. Feel free to ignore.

Skip shop button for Advanced+. The reason for this is even though you can specify which shops, sometimes you want to do a quick jump between shops without pausing AB. Or editing the list to only go to that shop. I hate having to look at the master list every time because I have to clear the box to put in that one shop.

Smaller increments for scheduler like :00 and :30. Or allow custom input for scheduling.

Possible bugs:
AB doesn't log faerie quests, falsely assumes a wiz ban. I saw one or too people mention this happening and it was just brushed off as coincidence but I can confirm it happened to me.
Auto pricing froze at least once so far.

#2761 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

Holy Hell. I spent 2 evenings reading through all 111 pages. Literally half of this topic is people asking about why they can't use "Advanced" member functions yet! This makes me rage so much I want to punch all of them in the face. How fucking hard is it to read the OP. Seriously.

+rep for reading

Many people claim that botting 24h a day is fine under the right conditions.
Freeze rate is related to spending too much time in a single shop. Also, high profit shops.
Jumping shops after buy is a good idea. SL said it wasn't intentional but I think it's a better system.

1. I bot 24h a day, but autobuying 24h has gotten me in a BIT of trouble before

2. Some people can autobuy in single shops just fine. High profit shops, though... watch out. I attribute this more to buy speeds than which shop you're in... but some shops ARE under more scrutiny than others.
3. We all concur.

Suggestions:

Skip shop button for Advanced+. The reason for this is even though you can specify which shops, sometimes you want to do a quick jump between shops without pausing AB. Or editing the list to only go to that shop. I hate having to look at the master list every time because I have to clear the box to put in that one shop.

Smaller increments for scheduler like :00 and :30. Or allow custom input for scheduling.

Possible bugs:
AB doesn't log faerie quests, falsely assumes a wiz ban. I saw one or too people mention this happening and it was just brushed off as coincidence but I can confirm it happened to me.
Auto pricing froze at least once so far.

1. This MAY be a possibility, but most of us don't pay really close attention to the autobuyer. Many of us like to wander off and do other things instead of watching a program run. XD

2. This has been suggested a number of times, but for now the randomize button works pretty good.
3. Abrosia has never logged faerie quests, as they don't fall under the umbrella of "Random Events"
4. I've not seen it falsely assume a wiz ban? Then again I usually don't buy enough items in an hour to cause one.
5. I've also seen the program freeze while pricing... unfortunately, this is hard to diagnose because it does not cause an actual error. You'd have to have the program running in debug mode for us to get any useful data on the problem.
Thanks for the input!

Edited by jcrboy, 22 January 2010 - 01:01 AM.

#2762 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:25 AM

I've been using the 8sec wait time and in the past week I've gotten 5 unbuyables. It really does work. And this is just making it go about 2 hours a day at the most.

#2763 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

Suggestions:

Skip shop button for Advanced+.

I read the posts as well and saw how people parking in toy/stamp/magic are getting frozen very quickly. Personally, I don't think this happens because of parking on one shop, and neither because of lower refresh rate.
Rsing legally I stay in the same shop forever, sometimes refreshing very fast - like every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes I go off-site and read news, post here, etc - So I don't visit neopets links while rsing.
I would be looking like a program, if not because of one small detail - The haggle rate. It takes about 500ms by the time my page loads to haggle, another sec or so by the time I type and the neopet picture loads, another 200ms for me to spot the neopet and another sec for the page to proceed. = A total of around 3 seconds.

Abrosia has a humanly impossible haggle rate. Less than two seconds, TIME AFTER TIME, is too suspicious. I can bet my account that refreshing every 3-5 seconds in the same shop and haggling for 3-4 seconds is a lot less likely to get anyone frozen than refreshing every 8-12 seconds and haggling for 1-2 seconds.

And BRAVO to that suggestion, I love it! :thumbsup:

#2764 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

Shows will still gain new inventory when they are "full".

Hi. I'm not refuting your point, just getting some confirmation, because I've never seen shops with >4 rows of items.

So it's a false myth that shops won't restock if it already has 4 full rows?

#2765 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi. I'm not refuting your point, just getting some confirmation, because I've never seen shops with >4 rows of items.

I was about to deny that, being so sure that I've seen a shop with more than 24 items - But having double check, I think that is a correct assumption. I just tiki tack shop, four full rows.

#2766 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

Okay so question: what exactly is a good setting for the pre-haggle and OCR delay? I'm using Rikku's settings on his guide of 0.4 - 0.9 and 0.7 -1.1, but I'm missing a lot of times. But these are already pretty fast times right? should I just increase my refresh rate (6-14)

#2767 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

Yes. It is a false myth. Shops will restock even if it has 4 full rows.

#2768 Dystopia

Dystopia
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

So, I promised in my intro not long ago that I would give no n00b questions, but apparently, I lied.

I've run virus check, I've removed cookies, my computer is just as clean as it was before I installed ABrosia (and Python) today, and so far, I've failed Program Check over a dozen times. My firewalls are all turned off as well as my proxy program, and just to be safe, I uninstalled all of the files from both applications (Python and ABrosia) and reinstalled them, but nothing.

Any ideas on other troubleshooting? I hate to be a pain, but I didn't find any other tips so far. I'm running Windows Vista in admin, everything else seems to be working the same as usual.

#2769 shayla

shayla
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

I havent gotten anything sellable yet haha

#2770 Slashy

Slashy
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

So, I promised in my intro not long ago that I would give no n00b questions, but apparently, I lied.

I've run virus check, I've removed cookies, my computer is just as clean as it was before I installed ABrosia (and Python) today, and so far, I've failed Program Check over a dozen times. My firewalls are all turned off as well as my proxy program, and just to be safe, I uninstalled all of the files from both applications (Python and ABrosia) and reinstalled them, but nothing.

Any ideas on other troubleshooting? I hate to be a pain, but I didn't find any other tips so far. I'm running Windows Vista in admin, everything else seems to be working the same as usual.

Exactly the same here. Well, the problem is anyway.
I have had no luck at all in getting any other response but "Program Check Failed" D:

#2771 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Abrosia has a humanly impossible haggle rate. Less than two seconds, TIME AFTER TIME, is too suspicious. I can bet my account that refreshing every 3-5 seconds in the same shop and haggling for 3-4 seconds is a lot less likely to get anyone frozen than refreshing every 8-12 seconds and haggling for 1-2 seconds.

That is why you can set the haggle rate yourself.

#2772 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

That is why you can set the haggle rate yourself.

And then you get pwned time after time by other abrosia users :p

#2773 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Any idea why any codex program I open now is crashing at cookie check? Right after the codex login. This is just happening recently.

I'm using Windows 7. This is in the details of the crash:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Abrosia.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	4917df95
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_1ec0
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	b8e9f04d
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	1ec0
  Additional Information 2:	1ec0fd70d07d060e5bfcf53c69ad1739
  Additional Information 3:	3040
  Additional Information 4:	30403390ed20f1b32c61f314c386b874

It only happens on one of my computers. How do I COMPLETELY uninstall Codex programs? I know that it leaves traces/information because my login information is still stored.

Edited by Intrusion, 27 January 2010 - 10:40 AM.

#2774 orangetea

orangetea
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi, I just started using it, and it's great--but I want someone to answer a very basic question I have. I aplogise, because I know absolutely nothing about computers.

Since I started using the program, I've been getting logged out of Neopets every ten min (?) or so. Any idea why? Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

#2775 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hi, I just started using it, and it's great--but I want someone to answer a very basic question I have. I aplogise, because I know absolutely nothing about computers.

Since I started using the program, I've been getting logged out of Neopets every ten min (?) or so. Any idea why? Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

http://www.neocodex....he-abrosia-faq/

Q: Can I browse the Neopets site/use another autoplayer while running ABrosia?
A: NO! This is a really bad plan for the following reasons:
1. Neopets only allows you to have 1 browser on Neopets at a time, and all Neocodex's programs are treated as separate browsers. Either ABrosia, the autoplayer, or your actual browser will actually get logged out.
2. Doing too many things at once sends up red flags on TNT's end. If you're getting good buy times at the same time as you're playing flash games, it looks illegitimate, and has a decent chance of getting you frozen.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users