Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#3226 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

well as i understand Abrosia will try to buy highest profit item first and keep going down until the item's profit is below your profit cutoff setting. so there is no such thing as likelihood.
the only difference between someone with a 10k setting and you would be that if you both miss a 15k item, you would try to buy the 3k profit item while they would go on refreshing.

#3227 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

hmm, this might not be ENTIRELY true. Because sometimes a shop restocks, then immediately restocks again. So if you go for lower profit items, you might miss a really fast restock during the 5 second no-buy ban.

Unlikely, but definitely possible.

#3228 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Interesting comments, but I'm with Chrees places like stamp sometimes have another restock very shortly after the main restock and hence higher priced items may be missed.

#3229 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Awesome program Slinky, but I do have a few suggestions.

1. I'm not going to name any names but a select few people are completely abusing the program. Could we possibly make it to where only one instance can be run at any given point in time? IMO, if you need more you're just being greedy. :/

2. Is there a way to incorporate a Rarity setting? Like instead of buying for most profit, buy for Rarity instead for those needing to get an avatar or whatever.

3. I would love to see a Potential Profit line in the logs, like for instance:
2010-04-10 ##:##:## - Bought Neocola Bottles: 374 NP - Potential profit: 8,142 NP

#3230 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Awesome program Slinky, but I do have a few suggestions.

1. I'm not going to name any names but a select few people are completely abusing the program. Could we possibly make it to where only one instance can be run at any given point in time? IMO, if you need more you're just being greedy. :/

2. Is there a way to incorporate a Rarity setting? Like instead of buying for most profit, buy for Rarity instead for those needing to get an avatar or whatever.

3. I would love to see a Potential Profit line in the logs, like for instance:

2010-04-10 ##:##:## - Bought Neocola Bottles: 374 NP - Potential profit: 8,142 NP

rarity setting would be nice

idk about the abuse thing though...cheating is abusing...if people are running multiple instances they will most likely get frozen, thats punishment enough

#3231 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

idk about the abuse thing though...cheating is abusing...if people are running multiple instances they will most likely get frozen, thats punishment enough

Not really for those who have tons of shell accounts they could just replace the frozen ones with and change their proxies :)

#3232 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Not really for those who have tons of shell accounts they could just replace the frozen ones with and change their proxies :)

perhaps

i am uneducated as i do not have millions of shells, nor do i use a proxy

or have hash lists like a lot of people here use

#3233 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'm with you, if you are cheating, you are abusing neopets anyways so it sounds odd to stop those who want to abuse the site more than others. Thats a choice they make, thats what these programs are designed to do anyways, abuse, abuse and abuse some more.

#3234 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Suggestion: Make the intervals for the pricing step as fast as Neon AP. Currently it prices at about 1 item per minute.

#3235 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Suggestion: Make the intervals for the pricing step as fast as Neon AP. Currently it prices at about 1 item per minute.

Counter suggestion: Turn off pricing and run AP while the Autobuyer is taking a break.

#3236 goldensun

goldensun
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

For some reason Abrosia isnt buying anything. I even tried to buy junk from the tiki shop and its not even buying that, so I know it isnt a problem with the refresh rate. It is refreshing just fine, even getting random events, but it does not attempt to buy anything. Anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks

#3237 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

The pricing every hour is perfectly fine. :p. Doesnt need to be changed.

Counter suggestion: Turn off pricing and run AP while the Autobuyer is taking a break.

Most people dont even use the scheduler. Pricing can be turned off if you wish it to not run. There are two reasons its run at the hour.

1)Dont want you to miss any restocks
2)Shop Wizard bans expire at the hour

For some reason Abrosia isnt buying anything. I even tried to buy junk from the tiki shop and its not even buying that, so I know it isnt a problem with the refresh rate. It is refreshing just fine, even getting random events, but it does not attempt to buy anything. Anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks

Using a proxy?

#3238 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

The pricing every hour is perfectly fine. :p. Doesnt need to be changed.

The reason I bring it up is because I can't always be at the computer to stop it and run NeonAP and I think the pricing feature is too slow. Certain times of the day are more profitable than others so I can't simply substitute a few minutes here and make up the time later. I usually end up with 15-18 items which means it takes 15-18 minutes to price, making me miss valuable restocks. Do see what I mean?

#3239 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

The reason I bring it up is because I can't always be at the computer to stop it and run NeonAP and I think the pricing feature is too slow. Certain times of the day are more profitable than others so I can't simply substitute a few minutes here and make up the time later. I usually end up with 15-18 items which means it takes 15-18 minutes to price, making me miss valuable restocks. Do see what I mean?

This would be why I skip pricing and then price once all my beautiful buying has been completed.

#3240 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

This would be why I skip pricing and then price once all my beautiful buying has been completed.

Since I haven't talked to many legit RS'ers, what do they generally do when RSing? While pricing through ABrosia does cut into AB'ing time, if it looks more legit I'd rather do that

#3241 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Since I haven't talked to many legit RS'ers, what do they generally do when RSing? While pricing through ABrosia does cut into AB'ing time, if it looks more legit I'd rather do that

I build in breaks in my scheduling, and I'm usually nearby while I'm ABing... so if I'm on a scheduled break, that is when I'll do my pricing.

#3242 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

I read the boards, price my shop, read topics in this forum, or watch a movie or something :p

Basically, there's no way for them to tell if I'm a program based on my habits alone. When I watch a movie, I refresh like a zombie, I'm not active on the site.

#3243 614joe

614joe
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Is it just mine or has Abrosia seem to be shuffling threw the same couple shops lately?
I swear soon as it gets done w/ the Bakery it will go to Uski's Clothing shop, then Battle Magic, then back to The Bakery, then School Supplies then Uskis Clothing Shop and then the Bakery lol.

Im getting tired of seeing it shop in The Bakery and Uski's Clothing shop.
It will buy high rarity items from Uskis Clothing shop that are bitches to get sold.

-maybe abrosia heard me it just switched to Super Happy Icy Fun Show Shop?; never seen it shop there-
*lebron shurg* iono maybe im just imagining its shopping a lot in The Bakery and Uski's Clothing Shop lol

#3244 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Is it just mine or has Abrosia seem to be shuffling threw the same couple shops lately?
I swear soon as it gets done w/ the Bakery it will go to Uski's Clothing shop, then Battle Magic, then back to The Bakery, then School Supplies then Uskis Clothing Shop and then the Bakery lol.

Im getting tired of seeing it shop in The Bakery and Uski's Clothing shop.
It will buy high rarity items from Uskis Clothing shop that are bitches to get sold.

-maybe abrosia heard me it just switched to Super Happy Icy Fun Show Shop?; never seen it shop there-
*lebron shurg* iono maybe im just imagining its shopping a lot in The Bakery and Uski's Clothing Shop lol

We took the shops that have a high probability of giving profitable items and increased the likeliness of randomly being assigned to those shops.

So yes, there is a high probability you will poke around in the same shops.

#3245 Willie

Willie
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

Is Abrosia even worth running if your account is about a week old?

Obviously, my account won't see the rare high profit items but I'm not sure how the list database works.

Is it gonna sit in the shop and look for items that will never show up for me? Or will it see what I am able to buy and purchase things from that. Right now I have been running it for about an hour and all I have got was a Cupcake from the food shop.

I have my suspicions that it would be wiser to run a ScoreSender rather than Abrosia if I wanna max out my NP making potential on a newer account. Maybe one of you guys who have been around longer and know Ambrosia better can enlighten me.

#3246 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

you slipped up in the last sentence and called it Ambrosia :p

A week old is probably pointless to run it. just use Neo Gen for now.

But what it does it look at the items you CAN see and then use the lists to buy it. So you won't be refreshing forever waiting for nothing.

#3247 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Is Abrosia even worth running if your account is about a week old?

Obviously, my account won't see the rare high profit items but I'm not sure how the list database works.

Is it gonna sit in the shop and look for items that will never show up for me? Or will it see what I am able to buy and purchase things from that. Right now I have been running it for about an hour and all I have got was a Cupcake from the food shop.

I have my suspicions that it would be wiser to run a ScoreSender rather than Abrosia if I wanna max out my NP making potential on a newer account. Maybe one of you guys who have been around longer and know Ambrosia better can enlighten me.

I had a new account (now its one month old) and ABed from the 2nd day. I now have 5.5 million in the bank. BTW there ARE UBs in the lower rarities. I get UBs ever few days. I just got two today. A BG and a Stamp plus a bunch of spooky foods work 80k-99k!

SS is way too risky. I use it only for plots, new game challeges, avatars, and trophies.

Use NP Gen every other day for AB seed money. Between Abrosia and NP Gen you should have a good bit in the bank even at 1 week!

you slipped up in the last sentence and called it Ambrosia Posted Image

A week old is probably pointless to run it. just use Neo Gen for now.

But what it does it look at the items you CAN see and then use the lists to buy it. So you won't be refreshing forever waiting for nothing.

Nah I got tons of stuff at 1 week but then I was advanced and set my profit for 1k the first week.

#3248 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

1 Week is your starting point. Anything less than that is kind of silly.

1 Month is when your profits really start to take off

3 Months is when the UBs start filling up your TP lots faster than you can sell them

#3249 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

When I was one week I also had Advanced member, so I did what i wanted :p But just randomly going into shops like usuki and battle magic would be kinda pointless :S

I wouldn't recommend SS'ing either though. Especially since half of them are broken and apparently alerting TNT to freeze EVERYONE using those programs (not giving NP which apparently is an alert to TNT)

If you're really desparate, use Neo Gen and play games till you amass 300k. That should be around enough to get a 3 month shell. Or a month shell for 125k or something.

#3250 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

1 Week is your starting point. Anything less than that is kind of silly.

1 Month is when your profits really start to take off

3 Months is when the UBs start filling up your TP lots faster than you can sell them

Is that with a normal account or with advanced? Cause I don't seem to be getting many ub's with a 1YO account. Could just be bad luck though.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users