Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#3351 lua

lua
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

We frown on this action. The limitation was placed there for a reason (to keep our less-popular shop information updated), but there is technically nothing we can do about it. Just be warned that you are taking advantage of a programming loophole and it makes us sad when you do so :c

Oh, that's why I asked! If it's wrong I won't do it, I'm sorry. It's just that I was trying to remain on the same shops so it's not weird for neopets to see me restocking on different shops, but I felt like this was something I should ask about (Don't understand even one bit of programming, so it's nice to be learning a bit, also).

Thanks, again! ^_^

Edited by lua, 28 April 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#3352 yourface1216

yourface1216
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hello..im a new member to the program and i was wondering how much waiting time should i have to play it safe?

#3353 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hello..im a new member to the program and i was wondering how much waiting time should i have to play it safe?

Read through the thread abit earlier and you should find your answer

#3354 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

For now, just leave the defaults until you know better. They're pretty safe.

#3355 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I try to login to Abrosia (Mumei's Codex Checker part) and it says Program Check Failed in the bottom left corner of the login...also this site is messing up. It keeps saying Internal Server Error or something and I have to keep refreshing till the page finally comes up lol

These are just site errors that have been cropping up today mainly. They are intermittent.

When you get site errors, obviously the program won't be able to log in to the site ;)

Oh, that's why I asked! If it's wrong I won't do it, I'm sorry. It's just that I was trying to remain on the same shops so it's not weird for neopets to see me restocking on different shops, but I felt like this was something I should ask about (Don't understand even one bit of programming, so it's nice to be learning a bit, also).

Thanks, again! ^_^

As a newbie restocker, it would not be unusual to "try out different shops to see which one(s) you like best." It's all a part of becoming a restocker.

#3356 lua

lua
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

As a newbie restocker, it would not be unusual to "try out different shops to see which one(s) you like best." It's all a part of becoming a restocker.

I understand, thanks again for everything! ^_^

And sorry too. I respect you programmers a lot for doing all of this. And off course, everybody that runs this site too. So I'll stick to what is right. :)

Edited by lua, 28 April 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#3357 Creeper

Creeper
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

ive been running this program fora couple days now and ive made almost a million
this has been the best ABer ive used so far
but lately its been glitchy, everytime i open the program it doesnt log the items it grabs, its just blank
also everytime i minimize the program it crashes
like it just closes when i minimize

#3358 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'm having an issue with Abrosia after I switched the proxy for one of my accounts. It no longer buys anything - in around 8 hours of running.
The shops are loading on that proxy because when I open shop pages in a proxied firefox it opens. Abrosia is working on other accounts, and abrosia was working on this account on my old proxy. Other programs (AP, NP gen) work with the proxy.

edit: so the question is what is the problem?

Edited by kiddx, 02 May 2010 - 12:41 AM.

#3359 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

I'm having an issue with Abrosia after I switched the proxy for one of my accounts. It no longer buys anything - in around 8 hours of running.
The shops are loading on that proxy because when I open shop pages in a proxied firefox it opens. Abrosia is working on other accounts, and abrosia was working on this account on my old proxy. Other programs (AP, NP gen) work with the proxy.

edit: so the question is what is the problem?

Too slow proxy?

Confucius say this is believable.

#3360 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Too slow proxy?

Confucius say this is believable.

I doubt it. I chose this proxy because it's much faster than my old proxy.
edit:
My old proxy added .5 second to my non proxy time.
this adds .05 seconds. (based on the test included in abrosia)
it's not even noticeable when i browse firefox proxied.

Edited by k1ddX, 02 May 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#3361 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

If the proxy messes with the HTML data, then it screws up Abrosia. Do you get any error messages on exiting Abrosia?

Also, check with the proxy and ensure that it returns the exact html of the web page, and doesnt add or change anything (No virus scanning, no safe checking. None of that crap).

#3362 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I doubt it. I chose this proxy because it's much faster than my old proxy.
edit:
My old proxy added .5 second to my non proxy time.
this adds .05 seconds. (based on the test included in abrosia)
it's not even noticeable when i browse firefox proxied.

It can change though, I've found that one day a proxy can be really fast and the next it can be slow like anything

#3363 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Its so hard to find a good proxy. I keep getting terrible ones with 5 second respond times.

#3364 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

jcr i got the same, just kept switching proxies and now its buying stuff again

- wait sorry i was looking at the wrong page of posts. disregard this (:

Edited by emerych, 02 May 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#3365 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

ive been running this program fora couple days now and ive made almost a million
this has been the best ABer ive used so far
but lately its been glitchy, everytime i open the program it doesnt log the items it grabs, its just blank
also everytime i minimize the program it crashes
like it just closes when i minimize

sorry to answer this,its 3 days ago but im wondering how you get a million while using AB without being a advanced member here in codex? is your acc old enough to see all and you have chosen very fast rs time?
im just asking cause you can't chose the shops where yuo are and that meens it is very hard to get only one item, i know what im talking about ;)

can you explain whats your secret?
i want to make a million as well! XD

#3366 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

sorry to answer this,its 3 days ago but im wondering how you get a million while using AB without being a advanced member here in codex? is your acc old enough to see all and you have chosen very fast rs time?
im just asking cause you can't chose the shops where yuo are and that meens it is very hard to get only one item, i know what im talking about ;)

can you explain whats your secret?
i want to make a million as well! XD

The non advanced member settings can make you a lot of money and are somewhat safe. In fact, even after advanced I keep some of the settings the same because I like them. There is no secret. Just press start - I made my first million in 3 days.

#3367 ice111

ice111
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

thanks for the great program!

#3368 sexymama

sexymama
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

can some one pls help me..i leave the program running for hrs and even over night and when i come back it still at 0 meaning it haven't bought nothing...the first few day after installing it it only bought me like 3 things and now nothing

#3369 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Alright I started Abrosia, apparently I am allowed to choose my shop ID number( I chose pharmacy) and use my own list (sweet). The refresh rate can only be increased, so minimum of 8, max of ____. So once I hit advanced member status( 500 posts) I will be able to regulate every feature, am I right? But for now, the things I listed now are the only things I can edit, right? I am being overly cautious with this program, I don't want TNT on me any more, got to play it safe.

Another thing, to those that use Abrosia with regular account status, where and how do you Autobuy in order to maximize profit with the limited settings? I know pharmacy inside and out( who doesn't) its all ets and since everything stocks in bulk, a minimum refresh rate of 8 seconds wont cripple profits. Any other strategies for maximizing profit that might be more affective? Im very curious to know what you guys do.

Btw, you dont have to post specifics( I.E. no one wants to give away their best spot for Abing, or their max profit settings) I would just like to know if there is a better place to use the restricted Abrosia other than the pharmacy.

#3370 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

can some one pls help me..i leave the program running for hrs and even over night and when i come back it still at 0 meaning it haven't bought nothing...the first few day after installing it it only bought me like 3 things and now nothing

lower your profit settings, lower your buy times, increase your patience Posted Image

#3371 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

also do you have nps out of your bank? i had a pin on my bank and did not type it in since i am going to let the funds just sit there as they rack up so the program was not able to buy anything since it had nothing to buy it with :p

#3372 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

also do you have nps out of your bank? i had a pin on my bank and did not type it in since i am going to let the funds just sit there as they rack up so the program was not able to buy anything since it had nothing to buy it with :p

I think they mean that they ran the ABer but didn't snag anything, not "failed to buy" :funone:

Also, for RKO, I've found Clothing and Plushie to be great places to buy, even with Restricted settings.

#3373 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

food, bakery, and spooky food are good as well. Food and bakery stock many profitable things. Spooky foods have good price but slow at times

#3374 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

I don't get why people like bakery. I personally hate it. I make like, maybe 40k from there. I think I've gotten like 4 UB's from there ever

While I can make at least 100k in food with usually 1-3 UB's a day.

#3375 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

I don't get why people like bakery. I personally hate it. I make like, maybe 40k from there. I think I've gotten like 4 UB's from there ever

While I can make at least 100k in food with usually 1-3 UB's a day.

Hmm.. from what I've heard, Bakery and Chocolate aren't too great of places to AB - relatively slow and good for experience (but hey, we're cheaters, what does it matter to us? :p)

And as for Food Shop, I can never seem to snag anything from there at all! I think I've only ever gotten ONE item from that shop in my entire time ABing there. And that was an item worth 40k... A waste of time for me, but I'm not sure why I didn't hit anything else there. Unlucky maybe?

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users