Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#326 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

Well it wasn't working for me for buying in my first days of use, but I figured I was helping out everyone by keeping it running anyway. Just last night it finally starting working properly.

Over the last year I did my first year of college, honors engineering. Whether or not I had something to contribute wasn't exactly the issue, I didn't have time to Posted Image But I have since learned several programming languages so I may actually be able to do something. Granted, I'm not at the skill level of you guys..

And I agree, you shouldn't be rewarding people for not posting. Just maybe special circumstances would allow it :)

If you start making special things for certain people then others will start saying they deserve this and that too. It is why the guidelines are set in the first place. Its pretty simple to me. You want to earn the privileges then you make the posts. If you take the time to look around there is a whole range of stuff to talk about and if you do not see anything in all that then you can start your own topics and see if there anyone else that has an interest in the same stuff you do. just my 2 cents.

#327 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

Ahhhhhh

I figure one the big problems on my end is my neopet account is too young. So of course I can't SEE the UBs to buy them. I get stuck with either nothing, common crap or HTS items. Like I said earlier it was probably user error and I was right.

Great program BTW and yes I would "donate" (easier more gray area legally LOL) to y'all for full access to the program. Maybe set up a paypal account?

#328 kwaffle

kwaffle
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

If you start making special things for certain people then others will start saying they deserve this and that too. It is why the guidelines are set in the first place. Its pretty simple to me. You want to earn the privileges then you make the posts. If you take the time to look around there is a whole range of stuff to talk about and if you do not see anything in all that then you can start your own topics and see if there anyone else that has an interest in the same stuff you do. just my 2 cents.

Fine fine I understand. I was just asking Posted Image

#329 LeoOzinN

LeoOzinN
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Why did you stop/start it 4 times in 18 minutes? O_o Let the program run ffs.

cause the shop on it starts is the motery...

#330 kwaffle

kwaffle
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Ahhhhhh

I figure one the big problems on my end is my neopet account is too young. So of course I can't SEE the UBs to buy them. I get stuck with either nothing, common crap or HTS items. Like I said earlier it was probably user error and I was right.

Great program BTW and yes I would "donate" (easier more gray area legally LOL) to y'all for full access to the program. Maybe set up a paypal account?

yep, I would donate for full access as well through paypal.

cause the shop on it starts is the motery...

You have to wait 45 minutes for it to change. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that stopping and starting it doesn't always change the shop

#331 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

Ahhhhhh

If you have a paypal account with some money, or have some decent NP on your neopet account (250k+), considering buying an account shell that's aged 3 month or more. This forum has a place where you can try to buy one. I think it's called trades under forum index.

Edited by souske88, 28 August 2009 - 11:49 AM.

#332 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

To be honest, I think full access to the program via payment would be great for the site but should be completely up to the makers to decide. It's great that we all are using it now, but if it were open to anyone who could pay, say $20 USD, that could draw attention and we all could be frozen, but at the same time the attention would be more of an impetus to make the program better and more undetectable so IMO, it's really up to the coder.

#333 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Well, if it's up to me, then I have to say no.

Here are my reasons:

- If we sell access to the program, it could be construed by TNT to be an "illegal commercial exploitation of copyrighted works", as they call it. While I know perfectly well that none of their "copyrighted works" are being used in the programming of Abrosia, I'd rather not have to deal with them and with the legal system.

- Other sites are selling access to their ABer. We let people access ours for free. How much better can you get than that? If you don't want to use our database, load your own list (which is the same thing that theirs does -- and no other public ABer out there currently uses networking like ours does).

- We aren't rewarding our loyal members this way.

Abrosia MSAB 0.9.7 being released soon. New features as of right now:

• Scheduler: Select when you want the ABer to run during the day, and on what days of the week.
  • Bug fix: Manual lists will match item names exactly with the item (the bug was that if there were extra words in the item name it would still buy the item)
  • Should now move more than one of each item from the inventory to SDB.
  • Size of windows is now fixed (cannot resize)

#334 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

• Scheduler: Select when you want the ABer to run during the day, and on what days of the week.
  • Bug fix: Manual lists will match item names exactly with the item (the bug was that if there were extra words in the item name it would still buy the item)
  • Should now move more than one of each item from the inventory to SDB.
  • Size of windows is now fixed (cannot resize)

*excited!*

I may never have to watch my computer again.... almost :p

Just proxy switching once a day, maybe... but then again, I can do them all in one go and not worry about it too much :p

#335 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

That's the point. :p The scheduler is like a calendar grid with one hour timeslots. I have the option to randomize the ranges for the hours, so instead of: 01:00, 02:00, 03:00 slots, you can randomize to have something like: 01:23, 02:03,03:11, etc... in the legend on the side. :p Then you just click on the square to toggle on/off at that particular time of day/day of week.

#336 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

*deleted*

Edited by Kweh, 13 May 2010 - 12:54 AM.

#337 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Having Abrosia lookup new prices for items that hasn't been updated for a few days or weeks will keep most of the database up to date while the user is RS banned and/or can't purchase from the igloo.

It does that anyways, if you stop it but leave the program open, it will continue to price, so if you are RS banned and maxed at the igloo, just stop the program for a while and it will price items.

Editz: Oh snap, I was manually pricing some items and wondered why my "Shadow Krawk Plushie" never was priced, turns out it's Unbuyable, and according to the TP worth over 200k! OH SNAP, I didn't even know it was worth so much!

Edited by Elindoril, 28 August 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#338 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

Wow, hour timeslots is great but taking the time to have random timeslots is very awesome. Would it be possible to make it so the Shop Till is emptied after the items are priced? It makes me very nervous something bad will happen to my np while it looks up all the prices.

Slightly Unrelated Suggestion: Have an inactive passive mode where Abrosia will randomly visit shops solely to collect information and also update the most outdated prices in the database. Having Abrosia actually spider shops when there is no available cash or space in the shop will allow the user to continue contributing to the database. Having Abrosia lookup new prices for items that hasn't been updated for a few days or weeks will keep most of the database up to date while the user is RS banned and/or can't purchase from the igloo.

The spider shopping is a really good idea. Although, it add necessary suspicion activity if instead you could be doing nothing.

#339 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

Abrosia 0.9.7 released. New features:

- Scheduler (set when you want the program to be on during the day, and change it up for different days of the week)
- Now stocks/deposits more than one of a particular item.
- Item Lists now match the item exactly if wildcards are not used (was a regex bug)
- Auto-banks profits if you enable the feature.

By the way, it uses the 24-hour clock notation. That is what the numbers on the side mean.

I know Dan will give me a hard time though for not making it look easier for the noobs. :p I'll make it look nice later, just bare with it for now. :p

I tested all of these under a couple trials, but I could use more trials. :p

#340 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

.....The zip is empty.

#341 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

.....The zip is empty.

APRIL FOOLS!!

Erm.. I mean.. I forgot to put the installer in there. <_<
*fixes*

Try now. :p. I just finished talking to Ayami about stupid people also. Looks like I'm one of them. :p

#342 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

APRIL FOOLS!!

Erm.. I mean.. I forgot to put the installer in there. <_<
*fixes*

Try now. :p. I just finished talking to Ayami about stupid people also. Looks like I'm one of them. :p

Yeah, it works, downloaded and installed.

#343 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

Ok, now everyone, I highly recommend using the scheduler (with randomization of the time boundaries... so it doesn't do it right on the top of the hour and look all suspicious), to plan out random breaks and stuff.

Just specify a break with a white block, and maybe make a longer break to simulate going to sleep or something. :p

Also, adv+ if you are picking your own shops, try to specify 3 or 4 different shops, not just one as some people have been saying that that is a factor in getting frozen.

#344 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

Ok, now everyone, I highly recommend using the scheduler (with randomization of the time boundaries... so it doesn't do it right on the top of the hour and look all suspicious), to plan out random breaks and stuff.

Aye aye Mon Capitan! Jacked up and good to go.

I can really skip the sleeping part for today though, seeing as it's 5 am already.

#345 therato

therato
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

Ahhhhhh

thats kinda bullcrap, cus my acount is just 2 weeks and i have already earned 1m np this way, i had some luck with plushies and stamps like an electic flotsam plushie

Edited by therato, 29 August 2009 - 03:08 AM.

#346 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:19 AM

thats kinda bullcrap, cus my acount is just 2 weeks and i have already earned 1m np this way, i had some luck with plushies and stamps like an electic flotsam plushie

That's the thing, you were able to grab something worth a lot, not everyone is as lucky as you are, I miss all the very expensive items (save the one plushie I posted about earlier), I've made about 600k from this and that's because I've been running it so much.

A lot of the items that sell easier appear after your account has aged, which would make it much easier for them to earn more Neopoints than the ones who can only see items up to a certain rarity.

#347 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:41 AM

It does that anyways, if you stop it but leave the program open, it will continue to price, so if you are RS banned and maxed at the igloo, just stop the program for a while and it will price items.

Editz: Oh snap, I was manually pricing some items and wondered why my "Shadow Krawk Plushie" never was priced, turns out it's Unbuyable, and according to the TP worth over 200k! OH SNAP, I didn't even know it was worth so much!

I've got one of those... a little HTS... but I'm waiting for the collector to come through :p

#348 LeoOzinN

LeoOzinN
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

hey, who the schedule mode works?

#349 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

Does this scheduler base its time on what the windows time and date are currently?

#350 corbenik

corbenik
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:43 AM

Ummm...
I use the AB for a couple of days now..
It's a really great program I must say. (and because I'm still not able to pick which stores I should visit I keep start and stop for a couple time till I stop into a shop that I wanted to be.. :p)
But I'm kinda having a problem that sometime item that I had bought was not stocked automatically into my shop..
And also, is it possible to add an RE log too?
I mean, when i checked, some of those 'left' items that located in my inventory got zapped into a pile of sludge..
But yet I found a piece of map and some codestones (plus realizing that I got a faerie guest)
That's my comment and suggestion
Thank you!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users