Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4026 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

You run a high risk of being frozen on one or both accounts if you play neo and run abrosia unless one account is under a proxy or different IP adress.

If your unsure of how to use them have a quick look at the guide in my siggy :)

Thanks Georgina! I'm gonna take a look :)

Thanks Waser :)

Edited by lexis, 15 July 2010 - 02:46 PM.

#4027 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

here's something i've always wondered... if i press the "stop" button on abrosia but i'm still logged in, can i go into neopets on my browser? will it look suspicious or cause me to log out? what is the program doing internally when i leave it idling...

#4028 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

here's something i've always wondered... if i press the "stop" button on abrosia but i'm still logged in, can i go into neopets on my browser? will it look suspicious or cause me to log out? what is the program doing internally when i leave it idling...

When you press the start button, a separate, independent thread is launched, that does pricing. That thread only pauses when the program is not waiting, and does not stop until the program is ended.

So, when you press stop, its still pricing things in the background.

#4029 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

When you press the start button, a separate, independent thread is launched, that does pricing. That thread only pauses when the program is not waiting, and does not stop until the program is ended.

So, when you press stop, its still pricing things in the background.

meaning it's not safe to log into my account again until i close the program entirely?

#4030 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

meaning it's not safe to log into my account again until i close the program entirely?

I personally would wait a couple of minutes after logging off and closing the program.
Its better to be on the safe side than the frozen side.

#4031 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

First time user of Abrosia. It's been working great (except for being stuck in Tropical Foods for ages, blegh) and weirdly buying 6 Chocolate Chip Kyrii Cookies. The database says they're only worth 929NP, but these were bought for 1242 NP. I'm guessing the database is right, because since it managed to buy so many in a row they can't really be in demand. Any idea what's up with that?

#4032 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

First time user of Abrosia. It's been working great (except for being stuck in Tropical Foods for ages, blegh) and weirdly buying 6 Chocolate Chip Kyrii Cookies. The database says they're only worth 929NP, but these were bought for 1242 NP. I'm guessing the database is right, because since it managed to buy so many in a row they can't really be in demand. Any idea what's up with that?

Sometimes the price in the database can be skewed by the way which the Shop Wizard returns results in groups. For example with the Chocolate Chip Kyrii Cookie while most prices are returned around 800-1000np there are some groups of prices which are returned which are vastly different to those other prices and so that skews our data. Our outlier detection methods manage to catch most of them but some prices can slip through the net when you're dealing with 100,000+ prices per day. :p The database prices fix themselves automatically within a couple of days anyway so it's not a big issue.

#4033 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Sometimes the price in the database can be skewed by the way which the Shop Wizard returns results in groups. For example with the Chocolate Chip Kyrii Cookie while most prices are returned around 800-1000np there are some groups of prices which are returned which are vastly different to those other prices and so that skews our data. Our outlier detection methods manage to catch most of them but some prices can slip through the net when you're dealing with 100,000+ prices per day. :p The database prices fix themselves automatically within a couple of days anyway so it's not a big issue.

Oh, okay! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining.

#4034 stellanox

stellanox
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

but do you not want to buy them out of preference or because they are actually negative profit?

I prefer not to buy them because unwearables are really really HTS. I've got a number of unwearables and not one sold despite far lower price than other shops O_o Maybe I should cut more and make a loss instead of breaking even but AB still keep buying them whenever I'm at the clothing shop so it doesn't really help <_<

#4035 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

I'm having a problem.

When I start the program now, it is stuck at initializing. The log is as follows:

Exception in thread Thread-6:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Abrosia.py", line 946, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 976, in InitializeSession
File "base64.pyo", line 321, in decodestring
Error: Incorrect padding

Exception in thread Thread-3 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
File "Abrosia.py", line 878, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 270, in RunMasterLimitationTest
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: 'NoneType' object is not callable

#4036 thewildneoforest

thewildneoforest
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

I'm having a problem.

When I start the program now, it is stuck at initializing. The log is as follows:

Exception in thread Thread-6:
File "Abrosia.py", line 946, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 976, in InitializeSession
File "base64.pyo", line 321, in decodestring
Error: Incorrect padding

Exception in thread Thread-3 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
File "Abrosia.py", line 878, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 270, in RunMasterLimitationTest
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: 'NoneType' object is not callable

im having the same issue :(

#4037 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

im having the same issue :(

glad to see it's not just me :)

#4038 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

same problem here :(

#4039 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

It seems as though I can bypass it by loading a manual list. It may be something in the loading of alternate lists.

#4040 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

If you can just try using manual lists for now until the issue is looked at. Advanced Members can use the restock list generator in the Item Database to create manual lists.

#4041 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

Whilst I can actually get in, unlike other users, it hasn't attempted to buy anything for about an hour and a half. Is this normal, or is it a sign that it's not properly connected? It's been RS'ing in the chocolate shop and the post office and is set to buy anything with greater than 2,500NP profit - which I didn't think would be unreasonable for these shops.

Sorry if these dry spells are quite common and this isn't worth posting about!

#4042 bends1

bends1
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Whilst I can actually get in, unlike other users, it hasn't attempted to buy anything for about an hour and a half. Is this normal, or is it a sign that it's not properly connected? It's been RS'ing in the chocolate shop and the post office and is set to buy anything with greater than 2,500NP profit - which I didn't think would be unreasonable for these shops.

I find they are pretty common actually. If you are really concerned, try loading your own list. I can confirm that this works to bypass the error I was getting as it bought something just a little bit ago.

#4043 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

It's not worth posting about.

Also

Abrosia works for me but then again I've had it open since this morning.

#4044 Tarlsa

Tarlsa
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

same here abrosia still working fine

#4045 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Still working for me, but I also had it open since this morning. I hope I can capitalize on the lowered competition ;)

#4046 12markkram34

12markkram34
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

I always use manual lists so I have no problems.

#4047 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

i had the initialization problem this morning. i reset my computer and then mumei was saying "login error" and then in the afternoon it worked just fine... did we figure out what was wrong?

#4048 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

It happened to me yesterday turned it off for the night and when i woke up it worked again. Anyone know the cause of it?

#4049 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Minor issue, but I noticed a couple of people had mentioned it and I'm fairly sure it's not supposed to happen: occasionally, it will switch shops long before 20 minutes is up. For example, I spent about five minutes in the toy shop before it zoomed off to Neopian Fresh Foods. I'm not complaining, just curious and slightly concerned something might be wrong.

#4050 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Is that initialization thing now working for everyone?

For those who get the error, can you see this page?:
http://www.lostdeser...ia/shopProb.txt

I'm thinking, if it can't connect to that document for some reason, I'll make it reset to a hard-coded default or something. :p

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users