Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4076 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Can we go back and purge the stupid posts in this topic? All it does is make the topic longer.

People don't read because the topic is long (theoretically). The topic is long because people don't read (reality).

The problem is that it'd take ages to go through and clean it up and we're a lazy lot. :p

#4077 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

The problem is that it'd take ages to go through and clean it up and we're a lazy lot. :p

just pick random numbers between 1 and 164 and delete those pages, i mean every page just repeats the same thing over and over again, im sure you wont delete too much unique data :)

Edited by pabs123, 20 July 2010 - 10:42 AM.

#4078 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

just pick random numbers between 1 and 164 and delete those pages, i mean every page just repeats the same thing over and over again, im sure you wont delete too much unique data :)

Or we could just delete all of your posts. :) That should save some pages too. :D

#4079 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

Or we could just delete all of your posts. :) That should save some pages too. :D

they're also saving you a lot of answering of stupid questions you've answered thousands of times Posted Image

#4080 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

they're also saving you a lot of answering of stupid questions you've answered thousands of times Posted Image

No, there just adding to it.

Abrosias not picking up anything for me in the last hour or so, not even misses.

Problem my end?

Edited by Georgina, 20 July 2010 - 12:43 PM.

#4081 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

It says:
(if required by login)

Which means you can leave it all blank unless your account needs the birthday to login.

Yeah so isnt it kinda handy to have then? Or do u never need to give your birthday, since ive never even tried skipping it :p

#4082 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ok, so I have another suggestion about the RS ban, maybe change it to only check for RS ban if there are no items in the shop? IDK if it already does this or not but it would make sense.

#4083 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

One would say that I'm now in the "middle-to-late" stages of releasing 1.2.0. These are the new features so far:

- Set when to do Item Management (every x minutes)
- Tray icon now disappears upon exit
- Faster loading of the program on startup, and I hope I killed that "program encountered an error" bug because I rewrote part of the CodexChex!
- Separate wait time for pricer part of program
- New scheduler that can set absolute times
- Space Discount Card support
- Test Audible Alert
- Logs the estimated profit from DB beside the purchased item for quick reference.
- Uses the newest version of the ItemDB server that supports caching
- Usershop Harvesting (yes Laser, what you've always wanted...)

Ideas that I've rejected right now (but may be open to them in a later version) are:

- Usershop buyer as part of the program (this program is meant to be simple and not loaded with absolutely everything)
- Logging absolutely everything having to do with the process (Find something else better to do than to watch your Abrosia all day :p)
- Buy times (if you want to know so bad, download Wireshark and watch how fast the requests load, plus people define them differently and I ran out of room in the logs)

Suggest now or forever (er.. until the next version) hold your peace!

Ok, so I have another suggestion about the RS ban, maybe change it to only check for RS ban if there are no items in the shop? IDK if it already does this or not but it would make sense.

It does do that... if there are items in the shop, you're clearly not RS banned.

#4084 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

One would say that I'm now in the "middle-to-late" stages of releasing 1.2.0. These are the new features so far:

- Set when to do Item Management (every x minutes)
- Tray icon now disappears upon exit
- Faster loading of the program on startup, and I hope I killed that "program encountered an error" bug because I rewrote part of the CodexChex!
- Separate wait time for pricer part of program
- New scheduler that can set absolute times
- Space Discount Card support
- Test Audible Alert
- Logs the estimated profit from DB beside the purchased item for quick reference.
- Uses the newest version of the ItemDB server that supports caching
- Usershop Harvesting (yes Laser, what you've always wanted...)

Awesome, love it. Super excited :D

#4085 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Here are some suggestions:

Auto-save Logs: I'm thinking when the program starts (or the setting is enabled), Abrosia will automatically generate a file (name could be the current date and a time stamp) and store the name (and path) into the Global Vars. When something is added to the on screen log, Abrosia will automatically open the file, write the line, and close it. When the setting is disabled, Abrosia will discard the log name until it is enabled again (where it would generate a new file thanks to a different time stamp). Because it is difficult to have multiple Abrosias start on the same second, there will be no need to worry about two Abrosias trying to write to the same file.

Save and/or Clear Sales History: Pretty straight forward. Saving would work like auto saving logs (above) where it would generate the log file and filename and then write to it as it finds entries in the sales history (only difference is that writing to the log file happens less often).

Set how often to perform Item Management: Same as how often to switch shops except for item management.

Withdraw x amount of nps from bank if less than y amount of np on hand after withdrawing from shop till: Pretty straight forward.

IRC Remote Control: If the bot is in IRC, you will be able to tell it to do specific tasks via pm on IRC using the following syntax <Neocodex Password>:<Command>

Some example commands:

• Start (Starts Abrosia)
  • Stop (Stops Abrosia)
  • Item Management (Forces Abrosia to do Item Management)
  • Last x Events (Abrosia replies with the last x lines of the log file)
  • Last x Items (Abrosia replies with
  • Stats (More descriptive reply on current stats than the <nickname>:stats)

Here are some other suggestions talked about (here or in chat):

Force Item Management Button: This is for the impatient kids that don't want to wait for an hour and other people who have their reasons.

More Coming Soon...

I also thought up a way to perform item management between restocks but I'm too lazy to search for the post (or retype it). If somebody really wants it, they would post my idea here.

#4086 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think the auto-save logs would be useful. My computer crashes for whatever reason, so I can't save my logs. Even if it's just to see what RE's I get, it'd be handy :) But not exactly imperative.

#4087 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hmm, I also remembered that "log when you receive a neomail or alert of some sort" thing. I'll make sure to add that.

#4088 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

Yay for usershop harvesting. :D Boo for no buy times. :p

#4089 Chuck

Chuck
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Hey, I'm new to the forums and like most forums, I've tried to look everything up on my own... but this Ambrosia thread is so large, I can't seem to find the answers to my questions... or perhaps I'm just too lazy to make a better effort.

So, I ran Ambrosia last night and the logs say the program detected an RS ban. Is there a way to set the program to stop running before an RS ban is put in place? I also just wanted to thank the group of individuals for these fantastic programs...

Thanks for your time and responses, whether they be sarcastic ones or not. Posted Image

#4090 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

You can't tell when you're going to get RS banned. So no, that's not possible.

#4091 Chuck

Chuck
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

Oh, well thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate it. Will getting RS banned on a regular basis get you iced? If so, is there a certain length per day recommended to run the program to avoid it?

Thanks again. :]

#4092 slickmik

slickmik
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Ive used this program before and now its telling me Program Check Failed over and over, whats the problem here?

Oh, well thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate it. Will getting RS banned on a regular basis get you iced? If so, is there a certain length per day recommended to run the program to avoid it?

Thanks again. :]

#4093 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Ive used this program before and now its telling me Program Check Failed over and over, whats the problem here?

Perhaps it doesn't like you because you've been a member since December and haven't bothered to make a single post?

#4094 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

The new features sound great, but one other thing that I've noticed is about one third of the items I buy that should all go into the shop actually stay in my inventory and I need to go quickstock them myself after I exit the program.

#4095 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

The new features sound great, but one other thing that I've noticed is about one third of the items I buy that should all go into the shop actually stay in my inventory and I need to go quickstock them myself after I exit the program.

It does item management once per hour I think, not after buying every item.

#4096 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

If you read the page before you'd see that it sends items to the shops about the beginning of the hour. So if you stop it manually, it'll probably still be in your inventory.

#4097 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Yay for usershop harvesting. :D Boo for no buy times. :p

sorry but what's usershop harvesting?

#4098 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

sorry but what's usershop harvesting?

It's nothing you guys will see but it helps to add new items to the database.

#4099 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

It's nothing you guys will see but it helps to add new items to the database.

well i guess that's still helpful in the long run, thnx for the quick response as always:)

#4100 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

I see, thanks guys it makes sense now haha. I need to pay more attention while reading.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users