Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4651 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Really? How do I know what to put them up for auction for and for how long? I tried this and no one bid.

Check the Shop Wizard/Trading Post to see what range others are selling the item at? O_o

#4652 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

Is it best to put them up in autction for 1np and watch it rise or should i start higher.

#4653 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

Is it best to put them up in autction for 1np and watch it rise or should i start higher.

I don't mean to offend you, but how new are you to Neopets?

Are your items Unbuyable, or Buyable?
If they are Buyable, I find it best to just put them in your shop and find out what to price them at using the Shop Wizard. If they are Unbuyable (worth more than 100,000np) then it is usually best to use the Trading Post or Auctions.

#4654 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

I stopped playing NP about 3 years ago, and I start back playing about 2 days ago.

#4655 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

I stopped playing NP about 3 years ago, and I start back playing about 2 days ago.

Okay, I was just curious. I assume you have mostly Buyable items then? I would just put them in your shop and wait for them to sell. That's what I've always done and it has worked perfectly for me so far. You may have to wait a bit for the items to sell though depending on what they are.

#4656 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

You may have to wait a bit for the items to sell though depending on what they are.

Yeah idk I have a feeling they are just random useless Items. I did what you suggested and priced them about 1k-2k under the market price (as long as that didnt put me in the negative) so I have to lowest prices and ill just wait it out.

#4657 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

Make sure not to undercut too much on hts items
that means more people will try and undercut your prices
and eventually lower it's value. ex. hse

#4658 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

good point.
Should i just let the autobuyer price it for me at -50 of the lowest value then?

#4659 joethebro

joethebro
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

good point.
Should i just let the autobuyer price it for me at -50 of the lowest value then?

I would recommend default settings - check out the pdf guide on the program. It's under the 'help' section.

#4660 xboox

xboox
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

jaredennisclark: man,the neopets login just doesnt work on any program here... but thanks,though

other proxies dont work, too

Edited by xboox, 17 October 2010 - 04:51 AM.

#4661 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

jaredennisclark: man,the neopets login just doesnt work on any program here... but thanks,though

other proxies dont work, too

What do you mean? Like you tried to log in through the programs but it wouldn't work?

#4662 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

I have yet another question regarding Abrosia. Lets say I'm in a shop using the Item Database and my profit is set to... 20k. What if three items stock in this shop - one with 20k profit, one with 80k profit, and one with 500k profit. Which one will Abrosia go for first? Does it prioritize the highest profit items and go for those first? Or does it go alphabetically? Or is it just whichever is closest to the top of the shop?

You know what, everyone said it was by profit but from my AB log i have had it buy lower profit things first and a few seconds later get higher profit things. So either it restocked again twice in a row really quick or it might not go by profit.. It hasnt caught enough stuff since i've been looking just since this morning, but so far it looks like backwards alphabetical order. that could be completely off, just sayin what my log looks like.

edit: i just looked again, it's also in order from least expensive in the shop to most. this is just 3 things within seconds of each other. profit on first thing was between the 2nd which was lowest and 3rd thing had highest profit.

Edited by bakedpotato, 17 October 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#4663 xboox

xboox
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

What do you mean? Like you tried to log in through the programs but it wouldn't work?

yep,i posted before that i tried everything. ive tried the auto trainer program too, but same problem. and im sure that my login settings are correct.

#4664 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:48 PM

yep,i posted before that i tried everything. ive tried the auto trainer program too, but same problem. and im sure that my login settings are correct.

That's so weird. Are you using Windows?

#4665 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

I'm just curious, but isnt it suspicious if my autobuyer is refreshing the same shop for 45 minutes straight? I mean maybe i'm unaware of the technical aspect of how it works... but still it seems like its asking to get a frozen account.

#4666 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

I'm just curious, but isnt it suspicious if my autobuyer is refreshing the same shop for 45 minutes straight? I mean maybe i'm unaware of the technical aspect of how it works... but still it seems like its asking to get a frozen account.

Not 45 minutes. I think it starts looking suspicious after around 2 hours. You have to imagine the Autobuyer is a human being just like you and I sitting at your computer and restocking for you. It isn't all that unusual for a legit restocker to sit in one or more shops for an hour or two. That's the way I see it anyways.

#4667 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Not at all.
Legit restockers mainly have 4+ tabs open when restocking
and they take HOURS and HOURS restocking, literally.

But know your limti and don't keep Abrosia on while you're asleep.
Just time it right. Really.

#4668 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

Man, thats some dedication, although, im sure i would do it if I actually knew the price of the items off the top of my head haha.

#4669 xboox

xboox
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

yes i use windows vista and run as administrator

#4670 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hey I was just wondering, if there is a place where i could learn how to create my own list of shops and items for this program? Or is that the point, tha tim not supposed to be able to unless im knowledgeable and to promote getting 500 posts.

#4671 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hey I was just wondering, if there is a place where i could learn how to create my own list of shops and items for this program? Or is that the point, tha tim not supposed to be able to unless im knowledgeable and to promote getting 500 posts.

Yes, just put everything on notepad , save it then load list.
Or use the abrosia format and just add items from there and then save it, it'll be saved into notepad anyways ( slower also)
Mostly people who don't have advanced use this. Liiike mee! :9

#4672 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Yes, just put everything on notepad , save it then load list.
Or use the abrosia format and just add items from there and then save it, it'll be saved into notepad anyways ( slower also)
Mostly people who don't have advanced use this. Liiike mee! :9

Well when you say put "everything" on notepad what do you mean by that? I have absolutely no idea how to start, thats why i was wondering if thee was a tutorial or a website someone knew of where i could learn how to create my own list.

#4673 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Basically find anything that you'd want to buy from that certain shop
then put it on your notepad.

There's a few lists on here.
Just dig through the forums.

Just dig through there! :)

#4674 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

oh wow ok, see i though i was gonna have to learn some C+ and java programming in order to do this,thanks.

#4675 vrtx

vrtx
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hey guys. New here. How much do you need to donate to gain access to the advanced version?

*NM* found it in the FAQ. /fail

Edited by vrtx, 19 October 2010 - 06:11 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users