Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4776 AugustaGolf

AugustaGolf
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Re-posting from another thread. here

I may be missing this feature somewhere but I feel that if it doesn't exist it would be very useful. When a shop restocks and you purchase an item, you are still forced to wait your refresh time before it buys again. When manually restocking I would immediately click on that item again after my 5s lock-out to purchase a 2nd, 3rd, so on.

For example, a few moments ago the pharmacy stocked herbal scrambled eggs and my AB kicked in and bought one, "waiting 5s"(lockout) > "waiting 9.4s">buying another. Especially for lower priced items, wouldn't it be more efficient to skip the refresh timer and buy more? Manually, my refresh times are nonexistent so why would the risk involved be substantially increased?

Is there any reason it is programmed like this? Has it been proven to be extremely dangerous? If this feature already exists I apologize for the post.

#4777 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

If i remember correctly, a lot of people were getting hit by the 5 second rule even though the program waited 5 seconds.

#4778 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Re-posting from another thread. here

I may be missing this feature somewhere but I feel that if it doesn't exist it would be very useful. When a shop restocks and you purchase an item, you are still forced to wait your refresh time before it buys again. When manually restocking I would immediately click on that item again after my 5s lock-out to purchase a 2nd, 3rd, so on.

For example, a few moments ago the pharmacy stocked herbal scrambled eggs and my AB kicked in and bought one, "waiting 5s"(lockout) > "waiting 9.4s">buying another. Especially for lower priced items, wouldn't it be more efficient to skip the refresh timer and buy more? Manually, my refresh times are nonexistent so why would the risk involved be substantially increased?

Is there any reason it is programmed like this? Has it been proven to be extremely dangerous? If this feature already exists I apologize for the post.

For me it seems as if the program purchases at least 2-3 items with proper 5 second intervals before it starts 'waiting' and then purchasing again.

#4779 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

Mine doesn't wait the refresh time before it buys again. Maybe your mistaken.

#4780 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

I've seen it happen both ways, sometimes where it goes to the 5 seconds then straight to buying again, and others it will say waiting 5 seconds after purchase, then switch to waiting 9.5 seconds or whatever, then it'll continue to buy stuff.

Maybe its when 2 restocks happen in a row and it doesn't see anything after the 5 seconds, refreshes after the set amount you put, then sees stuff and buys?

#4781 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Only when it's multiples of the same item, not when it's 2 different items.

#4782 AugustaGolf

AugustaGolf
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

(migrating from the other thread)
"
Posted Image

15s(10s lost)
16s(11s lost)
18s(13s lost)

It would be fair to assume there's a bit of lag tossed in there but it's frustrating to think the of profit I could make in those 34s each restock."

If I had been manually restocking I possibly would have grabbed 3, all with the 5s lock-out in between. With the assistance of Abrosia haggling the price in a matter of milliseconds I'm curious why it still takes so long between purchases. To paraphrase Scot's theory in my original post - it appears that after the initial purchase it searches for the next most profitable item to buy rather than buying up a larger quantity. This all based on the premise that the more profitable items are less likely to be restocked in large quantities. "As you can see it moves to the next unique item immediately after the 5 second wait time. original

This is where I am curious, if there were an Abrosia option to choose between "maximize quality" and "maximize quantity" could I expect to see 6 Herbal Scrambled Eggs purchases within 6-7s of each other? Personally, I'd rather pickup 5-6 items with a net of 18000np every restock then gamble for that single item worth 50000np once in a blue moon.

#4783 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Sorry to change the topic abit, but has anyone had issues with the scheduler? It seems even though I have set times allocated it will continue to autobuy in times I have not set... it doesn't always do this but it has definately happened more than once (not really complaining as both times it managed to score me about 600K+ worth of items).

I just want to feel safe knowing that I don't have to monitor the program to know its working properly.

#4784 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

Sorry to change the topic abit, but has anyone had issues with the scheduler? It seems even though I have set times allocated it will continue to autobuy in times I have not set... it doesn't always do this but it has definately happened more than once (not really complaining as both times it managed to score me about 600K+ worth of items).

I just want to feel safe knowing that I don't have to monitor the program to know its working properly.

Weird. Hasn't happened to me yet.
You sure you don't have other times overlapping it?

#4785 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Question: When people say don't surf neopets while running abrosia, does that mean don't even have neopets window open or just don't click things on the site while running abrosia?

Thanks

#4786 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Is there a chance an automatic shop change could be added if the shop is full with junk? Most legit restockers don't refresh a shop filled with junk :X and I don't like watching the ABer refresh in school supplies for a hour :X

#4787 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

Question: When people say don't surf neopets while running abrosia, does that mean don't even have neopets window open or just don't click things on the site while running abrosia?

Thanks

Theoretical scenario:

My account is doing something (buying from shops).

Which is acceptable when you are legitimately restocking?

1. Leaving a different browser open
2. Simultaneously doing other activities

Use some common sense, kay? ^_^

#4788 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Is there a chance an automatic shop change could be added if the shop is full with junk? Most legit restockers don't refresh a shop filled with junk :X and I don't like watching the ABer refresh in school supplies for a hour :X

We need the data on school supplies' items... so that's why Abrosia stays there... just in case :3

#4789 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Theoretical scenario:

My account is doing something (buying from shops).

Which is acceptable when you are legitimately restocking?

1. Leaving a different browser open
2. Simultaneously doing other activities

Use some common sense, kay? ^_^

I know not to actually do things on the neopets website. I mean, should I have neopets browser open while running abrosia?

#4790 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

I know not to actually do things on the neopets website. I mean, should I have neopets browser open while running abrosia?

Does it seem like it would matter if you just left another browser open?

It gets logged out after about 5 minutes anyway (which becomes obvious if you refresh the page), so that inactive tab isn't doing shit.

#4791 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

Alright, thanks :)

#4792 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

Weird. Hasn't happened to me yet.
You sure you don't have other times overlapping it?

Positive. I have a feeling it has something to do with me stopping and starting it occasionaly but not 100% sure.

#4793 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

This is where I am curious, if there were an Abrosia option to choose between "maximize quality" and "maximize quantity" could I expect to see 6 Herbal Scrambled Eggs purchases within 6-7s of each other? Personally, I'd rather pickup 5-6 items with a net of 18000np every restock then gamble for that single item worth 50000np once in a blue moon.

This is a losing strategy in the long run. You should use a manual list if you to prioritize low profit items or if you plan on staying in pharmacy. Since profit is more or less pegged to rarity and restock quantity is tied to rarity, the only place you'll see low rarity profitable items are bookshop because of gourmet cooking and spooky food because of snorkle snout, both of which are only worth 10% what they were worth a few months ago. Any other shop you'd be much better off maximizing profitability by skipping to the next item than trying to buy the same item. And if there's a 50k item it will prioritize that first and then move on to your 18k item whether or not you managed to buy it in which case, run a manual list if you just want to farm one item.

#4794 AugustaGolf

AugustaGolf
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

This is a losing strategy in the long run. You should use a manual list if you to prioritize low profit items or if you plan on staying in pharmacy. Since profit is more or less pegged to rarity and restock quantity is tied to rarity, the only place you'll see low rarity profitable items are bookshop because of gourmet cooking and spooky food because of snorkle snout, both of which are only worth 10% what they were worth a few months ago. Any other shop you'd be much better off maximizing profitability by skipping to the next item than trying to buy the same item. And if there's a 50k item it will prioritize that first and then move on to your 18k item whether or not you managed to buy it in which case, run a manual list if you just want to farm one item.

Ah, I see. thank you. I'm still blinded by the fact I'm on a week old account and still unable to get a super expensive item from time to time. These 3000 profit items are the best I can do at the moment.

#4795 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Ah, I see. thank you. I'm still blinded by the fact I'm on a week old account and still unable to get a super expensive item from time to time. These 3000 profit items are the best I can do at the moment.

What "super expensive" items are you talking about? Week-old accounts can't really see "super expensive" items yet (ie. r90+).

Edited by Vendectus, 26 October 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#4796 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Another question: Why aren't the majority of my buys going into the log or into my shop? Like some will go into my shop and get priced and not show up on log, others will just sit in my inventory and not show up on the log. A little clarification would be nice, thanks.

Edit: Found out the answer in the FAQs, nevermind. Still can't figure out why the items don't show up in the log though.

Edited by DenyingSystems, 26 October 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#4797 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

Happened to me once, when I rechecked the times I placed in, one actually overlapped all the other timings, cause instead of selecting for example 9am-10am, I accidentally set it to 9am to 10pm :p

Another question: Why aren't the majority of my buys going into the log or into my shop? Like some will go into my shop and get priced and not show up on log, others will just sit in my inventory and not show up on the log. A little clarification would be nice, thanks.

Edit: Found out the answer in the FAQs, nevermind. Still can't figure out why the items don't show up in the log though.

Bugs me too, sometimes it happens to me as well. Only shows start and end of abrosia in log ._.

Would be good if others that experience it make a post here, then we can see what we all did thar

#4798 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

One more thing...Abrosia has about 5 identical icons in my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Any way to completely quit Abrosia?

#4799 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

One more thing...Abrosia has about 5 identical icons in my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Any way to completely quit Abrosia?

lol that's hilarious

#4800 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

lol that's hilarious

???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users