Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4801 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

One more thing...Abrosia has about 5 identical icons in my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Any way to completely quit Abrosia?

The more icons you have the more stuff you buy. That's a good thing!
I only wish I could get 5 of them down there!

Edited by jaredennisclark, 27 October 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#4802 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

The more icons you have the more stuff you buy. That's a good thing!

Doesn't Abrosia only run in 1 shop though? I'm confused :/

#4803 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Doesn't Abrosia only run in 1 shop though? I'm confused :/

He runs multiple copies.

#4804 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

He runs multiple copies.

Ahhh ok. Is there a way to completely quit the program if I don't want it running at all?

#4805 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Ahhh ok. Is there a way to completely quit the program if I don't want it running at all?

Is this a serious question...??:unsure:

#4806 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

Press the red x.

#4807 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

Double-click one of those little Abrosia icons and click the shiny red 'X' above. Rinse and repeat.

O_o

#4808 AugustaGolf

AugustaGolf
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

No need to be dicks here folks.

Happened to me at first man, when you minimize it goes to the taskbar and appears that you've closed it so you reopen it later and suddenly you have 5 of them open at once.

#4809 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

No need to be dicks here folks.

Happened to me at first man, when you minimize it goes to the taskbar and appears that you've closed it so you reopen it later and suddenly you have 5 of them open at once.

He's asking how to exit a program.
It seems as if he was staring at 5 Abrosia icons while being absolutely clueless as to how to close them. Common sense would say you bring the icons up and then click that 'X' just like you would any other program. :rolleyes:

Unless we're dealing with some sort of mongoloid-mouth-breather I'm positive he didn't even try fixing the problem himself before coming here.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 27 October 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#4810 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

He's asking how to exit a program.
It seems as if he was staring at 5 Abrosia icons while being absolutely clueless as to how to close them. Common sense would say you bring the icons up and then click that 'X' just like you would any other program. :rolleyes:

Unless we're dealing with some sort of mongoloid-mouth-breather I'm positive he didn't even try fixing the problem himself before coming here.

I know that NORMALLY, I could click the taskbar icon to open the program and then close them. Thing is, they're just sitting in my taskbar, and when clicked, nothing happens. Also, right clicking them does nothing.

#4811 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

I know that NORMALLY, I could click the taskbar icon to open the program and then close them. Thing is, they're just sitting in my taskbar, and when clicked, nothing happens. Also, right clicking them does nothing.

Posted Image????????

Double-click it then? WTF?

Edited by jaredennisclark, 27 October 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#4812 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image????????

Double-click it then? WTF?

Wow. I'm a frickin dumbass. Thanks

Edit: That also explains where all of my other buys got logged.

Edited by DenyingSystems, 27 October 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#4813 SKH

SKH
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

hahaha and to think i used to RS myself XD

#4814 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Is there a limit to how many AB windows you can run before it starts to affect the refresh/buying rates?

#4815 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Is there a limit to how many AB windows you can run before it starts to affect the refresh/buying rates?

even having 2 will slow down your computer since it'll be using more whatever it uses to run it. RAM? CPU? iunno

#4816 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

even having 2 will slow down your computer since it'll be using more whatever it uses to run it. RAM? CPU? iunno

A little of both, abrosia just simulates a browser inside itself. Though I doubt it uses that many resources after all it's basically a browser with lots of automated functions built into it and a timer. Modern day cpus have so many unused clock cycles when you're just idle or browsing the web anyway. It's just stupid to run more than one though...

Edited by Faval, 27 October 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#4817 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

A little of both, abrosia just simulates a browser inside itself. Though I doubt it uses that many resources after all it's basically a browser with lots of automated functions built into it and a timer. Modern day cpus have so many unused clock cycles when you're just idle or browsing the web anyway. It's just stupid to run more than one though...

For new users, the reason is because it would be showing 2 different accounts running on the same PC with the same IP restocking at the same time, highly freezable.

#4818 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

For new users, the reason is because it would be showing 2 different accounts running on the same PC with the same IP restocking at the same time, highly freezable.

How could they tell it was coming from the same PC?

#4819 ImacatMeow

ImacatMeow
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

So out of nowhere my Abrosia has stopped working.

I'll start it up, and have it log in to my neopets account. I get "Successfully logged in as ________"
I close that window and click START.
It downloads the data from Neocodex.
Then it says "Status: Visiting Shop ID 41 (Neopian Furniture) (0/337)"
It won't change from there. Normally it waits and refreshes and tries to buy items, etc, etc and the number will go 1/337 2/337 3/337, etc.

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

Edited by ImacatMeow, 28 October 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#4820 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

I'll start it up, and have it log in to my neopets account. I get "Successfully logged in as ________"
It won't change from there. Normally it waits and refreshes and tries to buy items, etc, etc and the number will go 1/337 2/337 3/337, etc.

Why would you ever want to fix this???

Edited by Scot, 28 October 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#4821 ImacatMeow

ImacatMeow
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

It's NOT doing that like it normally does.
It simply says "Status: Visiting Shop ID 41 (Neopian Furniture) (0/337)" and will not change at all.

I figured it out... I was using Neopets Premium. Once I switched it and logged out it works fine.

#4822 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

How could they tell it was coming from the same PC?

Couldn't it tell by checking the IP?

#4823 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Couldn't it tell by checking the IP?

So far as I know the IP would only be telling them you were coming from the same house, or network.
For example, I have three computers in my home and they all have the same IP when using the internet.

A legit example of why 2 computers would have the same IP and be restocking (which is what it looks like to TNT when you have two AB'ers running at once) would be something like - 'My brother and I both play neopets, and were restocking at the same time."
It certainly is suspicious, but there's some plausible deniability there.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 28 October 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#4824 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

So far as I know the IP would only be telling them you were coming from the same house, or network.
For example, I have three computers in my home and they all have the same IP when using the internet.

A legit example of why 2 computers would have the same IP and be restocking (which is what it looks like to TNT when you have two AB'ers running at once) would be something like - 'My brother and I both play neopets, and were restocking at the same time."
It certainly is suspicious, but there's some plausible deniability there.

Isn't there like a computer ID specific to that comp and that comp only? Not sure though.

It would definitely raise a red flag, and from what I've heard TNT is pretty freeze happy and unfreeze non-happy, even with a good reason.

#4825 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Isn't there like a computer ID specific to that comp and that comp only? Not sure though.

It would definitely raise a red flag, and from what I've heard TNT is pretty freeze happy and unfreeze non-happy, even with a good reason.

There are mac address's (Not related to Apple's shitty product) but TNT doesn't get that.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users