Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#4876 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

Since the last update I cannot leave Abrosia on by itself for very long without it continually hanging. It always worked just fine being ran overnight, but now it freezes while visiting the shop after around 2-3 hours. I need to pay near constant attention to it just to make sure it is still running. I've already tried the uninstalling/reinstalling and all that. Very annoying.

Snap Jarden - mines freezing LOADS. :(

#4877 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Can't seem to get this to work for Mac. I downloaded the required files first, but when I open it, it says I am not logged in :(

#4878 goofeylooney

goofeylooney
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Can't seem to get this to work for Mac. I downloaded the required files first, but when I open it, it says I am not logged in :(

when you open abrosia click settings and then login settings. you put your neopets account login info there. then press start. it should work.

also, abrosia is missing a lot of restocks today. more than it usually does. its managed to get 4 good items which im happy with but its missed 23 items!!! thats a lot more than it usually misses for me.
is there any way i can change settings?

#4879 Isca

Isca
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

when i get a neomail, it always says that its from one person in particular no matter who sent me the message. so when i reply it gets sent to her and she started getting really mad at me because shes like "i never sent you a message"

#4880 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Sup fools. I'm still around, just been to busy to post.

Two things I wanted to mention. #1 the guide PDF is for the older version, someone should update it. #2 the logo in the About Abrosia is out of date, someone should update it.

That's it.

#4881 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

when i get a neomail, it always says that its from one person in particular no matter who sent me the message. so when i reply it gets sent to her and she started getting really mad at me because shes like "i never sent you a message"

happened to me as well, and he said he only read the neomail. so i off the feature

#4882 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Just don't use that feature for now until it's fixed.

#4883 joehazley

joehazley
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

How do i set up a proxy with this?

#4884 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

Abrosia > Web Settings > Check the first box > Copy paste your proxy in > Test Proxy Server, and if the delay is not too long i.e. less than 2secs, you can start logging in and do your abing Posted Image

#4885 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

If you need help learning about different proxies, and where to find/check them, see the following threads -

http://www.neocodex....proxy-does-not/

http://www.neocodex....ow-to-use-them/

#4886 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Since the last update I cannot leave Abrosia on by itself for very long without it continually hanging. It always worked just fine being ran overnight, but now it freezes while visiting the shop after around 2-3 hours. I need to pay near constant attention to it just to make sure it is still running. I've already tried the uninstalling/reinstalling and all that. Very annoying.

Do you get errors when it freezes, or does it stop responding, or what?

Snap Jarden - mines freezing LOADS. :(

Same as above. Please provide more info then this guys...

#4887 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

There are no errors. In the bottom when the dialog switches between something like - 'Waiting 7.8 seconds', and then - 'Visiting Shop ID: 7', it will sometimes freeze when it says 'Visiting Shop ID: 7'. When it freezes like this it will stay like that indefinitely. Upon clicking the 'Stop' button, it will act as if it's trying to stop but will then just hang there with the 'Stop' button pressed down. I'm then forced to terminate the program.

After a little more investigation, I think the error has something to do with the scheduler starting and stopping the program. For example if I set it to AutoBuy from 6:00am-8:00am, and then to start again from 9:00am-11:00am I find that I have buy logs up until 8:00am, when the scheduler stops the program for the first time. Sometime after the program starts AutoBuying again at 9:00am is when it usually freezes again. I'm not sure if that makes much sense, but since I have stopped using the scheduler, it hasn't happened since. This may just be a coincidence though.

EDIT: The next time it happens I will upload the crash log so you can see if that has any relevant information. I should have done that the first time. :whistling:

Edited by jaredennisclark, 07 November 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#4888 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

Question: Does Abrosia work in conjunction with Auto Trainer? Read that it can log out one of the programs, but I was confused. Also, not really about Abrosia, but is it safe to browse neopets while Auto Trainer is running and can I leave it on all day?

Thanks

#4889 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Question: Does Abrosia work in conjunction with Auto Trainer? Read that it can log out one of the programs, but I was confused.

Thanks

You can pass multiple Codex Authorizations, however you cannot be logged into the same Neopets account from two different Codex Programs.

For example, if you have two accounts (tester1, and tester2) you can open up Abrosia, log into the account 'tester1', and then open up the auto trainer and log into account 'tester2'. They will both run just fine without any conflict. However, if you open up Abrosia and the AutoTrainer and log into the account 'tester1' on both of them, I'm not so sure that would work. One of the programs would be logged out of 'tester1' I believe.

After a little digging around in the support topic for the Auto-Trainer (which is really what you should have done before posting), I found this:

If you log into Neopets via the program, it will log you back in after the wait time is up. Enabling you to still browse the Neopets website while it runs. Also, if your running the KAD Feeder, and you log into Neopets via the program, they will work together.

While the program is waiting, you can run other programs. Such as Abrosia/AutoPlayer, as long as you stop Abrosia BEFORE the time runs out. Otherwise they will get logged out.

Unless you can schedule Abrosia around the auto-trainer's wait time, then this wouldn't work out too well for you.

#4890 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the info. When I read the auto trainer topic, I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but your explanation cleared things up. Makes things a lot more confusing to try to get them both to work :/ Oh well, I guess I'll just manually stop Abrosia before auto trainer time then restart it again.

#4891 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the info. When I read the auto trainer topic, I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but your explanation cleared things up. Makes things a lot more confusing to try to get them both to work :/ Oh well, I guess I'll just manually stop Abrosia before auto trainer time then restart it again.

Or just use two different accounts. Use the auto-trainer on your main, and the AB'er on the shell, and transfer/liquidate the goods to the main.

#4892 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

Or just use two different accounts. Use the auto-trainer on your main, and the AB'er on the shell, and transfer/liquidate the goods to the main.

Better off doing the opposite. It is against the rules to AB on sides (if they find a link between the accounts). TNT says it is fine to train pets on sides and transfer codestones/np to pay for the training. You can always transfer the pets back to the main if you need them and send them back to start training again.

#4893 yannie

yannie
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hey I have been using AB for quite some time but recently, it doesn't load anymore.
I am using a mac and so I press the play button for login of the neocodex account.
Usually it processes and AB loads but now the box just disappears and nothing happens afterwards,
tried re-installing and didn't work? Any advice?

#4894 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hey I have been using AB for quite some time but recently, it doesn't load anymore.
I am using a mac and so I press the play button for login of the neocodex account.
Usually it processes and AB loads but now the box just disappears and nothing happens afterwards,
tried re-installing and didn't work? Any advice?

It really sounds like you have the old version of the autobuyer, since the old version was doing that for everyone. :p

Make sure to delete Abrosia from your Applications directory, download the new .dmg from our downloads system, and place it back in the Applications directory.

#4895 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Same as above. Please provide more info then this guys...

Stops responding :) Need error log?

#4896 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Stops responding :) Need error log?

We always need an error log. :p

Imagine if you were the programmer, and you were told that your program "stops responding". What is that supposed to mean? :p

Abrosia spans 4,000 lines of code and imports from tens of different libraries. A starting point would be lovely.

#4897 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

We always need an error log. :p Imagine if you were the programmer, and you were told that your program "stops responding".

What is that supposed to mean? :p Abrosia spans 4,000 lines of code and imports from tens of different libraries.

Good point! Probably why im not a programmer :D

Plus I kinda thought that if it stopped responding maybe it was a problem myend?

But yeh. Ill mail argue.

#4898 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

We always need an error log. :p

Imagine if you were the programmer, and you were told that your program "stops responding". What is that supposed to mean? :p

Abrosia spans 4,000 lines of code and imports from tens of different libraries. A starting point would be lovely.

It happened again. Exactly as I explained before. I clicked the 'Stop' button and it just hung there for around 2 minutes, and then I logged out of my neopets account and just clicked the 'X' to terminate Abrosia. Here is a link to the Log:

http://www.scribd.co...cejt0mfcwrzz5kf

(It seemed pretty repetitive to me, but I uploaded the entire thing just in case it was needed.)

#4899 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

It happened again. Exactly as I explained before. I clicked the 'Stop' button and it just hung there for around 2 minutes, and then I logged out of my neopets account and just clicked the 'X' to terminate Abrosia. Here is a link to the Log:

http://www.scribd.co...cejt0mfcwrzz5kf

(It seemed pretty repetitive to me, but I uploaded the entire thing just in case it was needed.)

Spend five seconds, and read the log. Its repeated about 20 times as an Attribute error. :) I'm sure you can recognize what the problem is.

#4900 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Spend five seconds, and read the log. Its repeated about 20 times as an Attribute error. :) I'm sure you can recognize what the problem is.

Okay, was it my Codex account that was logged out, or my Neopets account?

EDIT: Is that not something that needs to be fixed or anything? Or is that a problem on my side? Why would Abrosia be logging itself out and then failing to log back in?

Edited by jaredennisclark, 09 November 2010 - 01:02 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users