Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#5176 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

just reply to this

how many neopoints have u made using this program

#5177 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

just reply to this

how many neopoints have u made using this program

#5178 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

loser. I've made 9.

#5179 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

you have made 9 NP

care to share your strategy i have been stuck at 1 NP for months

#5180 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

What are the default settings (prehaggle and OCR)? I changed them and now I do not remember. I already uninstalled ambrosia but the settings were the same from what I've set them. Thanks again.

Edited by BEEEEWRRYY, 26 December 2010 - 11:03 AM.

#5181 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

I think it's 1.0-1.4 for both prehaggle and OCR. Do adjust to suit your personal net speed. 2000ms-4000ms is generally quite safe for a short amount of time.

#5182 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

just a suggestion.

would a button with the screenshot shop function be good? This would be for shops which are usually full, like collectible cards, so we know if we should move on to another shop by looking at the SS, or to make abrosia temporarily buy off lousy items to clear stock.

do advise, cuz i was thinking this was a good idea. =)

#5183 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

during these two days abrosia keep having problems (on my PC)

the log says:

Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Abrosia.py", line 1096, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 1395, in processNextTaskItem
File "Abrosia.py", line 1222, in processCurrentJSON
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'upper'

whats that about?

#5184 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

I've been using Abrosia to purchase items with a minimum profit of approximately 500np. There are a few select items whose prices are off in the database just enough that I end up purchasing around 10-15 of them in one go, with a loss of around 100np each. Considering there isn't any kind of 'exception' list, I figure my only option is to use a manual list.
Obviously the only thing I'm worried about is how this will affect (effect?) my buys.

Is using a manual list just as fast as using the database?

#5185 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

Yes but a manual list won't pick the most profitable item that restock.

#5186 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

I've been using Abrosia to purchase items with a minimum profit of approximately 500np. There are a few select items whose prices are off in the database just enough that I end up purchasing around 10-15 of them in one go, with a loss of around 100np each. Considering there isn't any kind of 'exception' list, I figure my only option is to use a manual list.
Obviously the only thing I'm worried about is how this will affect (effect?) my buys.

Is using a manual list just as fast as using the database?

Affect*

And yes it is just as fast as using the database but the database will automatically buy items which are the most profitable first whereas with a manual list it would buy whichever item is listed first in the shop and is on your list rather than running down the list in order.

#5187 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Abrosia freezing at initializing phase. It was working fine earlier. Tried restarting Abrosia and the computer but that didn't work.

Spoiler

Edit: It's working fine now. Is the igloo down though? It was downloading for a long time and I just restarted Abrosia and turn off the igloo autobuyer.

Edited by Acheron, 27 December 2010 - 10:15 PM.

#5188 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

Abrosia freezing at initializing phase. It was working fine earlier. Tried restarting Abrosia and the computer but that didn't work.

Spoiler

Edit: It's working fine now. Is the igloo down though? It was downloading for a long time and I just restarted Abrosia and turn off the igloo autobuyer.

Sorry about this. It should be fixed in the new version (1.3.0), which will hopefully be released soon (within the next couple of weeks for sure). We found a bug that explains a lot of things.

(The current version is still safe to run. :p)

#5189 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

Sorry about this. It should be fixed in the new version (1.3.0), which will hopefully be released soon (within the next couple of weeks for sure). We found a bug that explains a lot of things.

(The current version is still safe to run. :p)

No need for apologies. I didn't do anything except for posting an error log. :p

Abrosia is fantastic and some bugs here and there are just minor inconvenience. The only temporary fix now is just to restart the program and try again right?

Edit: Oh and if there was an update, the buying from the order of the list that was discussed several pages ago will be extremely helpful. Cheers!

Edited by Acheron, 28 December 2010 - 03:44 AM.

#5190 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

No need for apologies. I didn't do anything except for posting an error log. :p

Abrosia is fantastic and some bugs here and there are just minor inconvenience. The only temporary fix now is just to restart the program and try again right?

Edit: Oh and if there was an update, the buying from the order of the list that was discussed several pages ago will be extremely helpful. Cheers!

Your just a few posts from not needing a list anymore. :p

#5191 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

Haha, you are right but that addition would be beneficial for other members. Maybe a tick to indicate if they would like items to be prioritized according to the order of the list since I guess most people make their list by using codex database and sorting by it profit.

#5192 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

you have made 9 NP

care to share your strategy i have been stuck at 1 NP for months

Turn your settings to wait for 2500 minutes per refresh, it'll get you at least 2 np per month guaranteed.

#5193 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

One thing I would like to see, that I don't know if it does or not: Switching stores if they are full for more than 4 or 5 refreshes. I noticed through the holidays my profits decreasing because the shops I'm in are always full, and there are less people clearing the junk items than before holidays.

#5194 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

A SS function or something like the simulator for cellblock would be an awesome way to check whether are the shops full or not. I think this was suggested by chronosxii before.

#5195 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

What exactly do you mean if the stores are full?

If there are a lot of junk items, it still won't affect you. If you're buying without a list - Abrosia will just go after the things with the most profit anyways.
If you're saying that if a store already has a lot of items in it so it won't restock that's not the case. Stores restock by adding in items randomly not after a certain amount of items get purchased. Otherwise most stores would never restock because to be honest, who buys items other then morphing potions other expensive items in the Potion shop. I can't ever imagine me going there to buy a slippery ice potion or a Healing Potion XI or any of that nonsense.

#5196 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

What exactly do you mean if the stores are full?

If there are a lot of junk items, it still won't affect you. If you're buying without a list - Abrosia will just go after the things with the most profit anyways.
If you're saying that if a store already has a lot of items in it so it won't restock that's not the case. Stores restock by adding in items randomly not after a certain amount of items get purchased. Otherwise most stores would never restock because to be honest, who buys items other then morphing potions other expensive items in the Potion shop. I can't ever imagine me going there to buy a slippery ice potion or a Healing Potion XI or any of that nonsense.

Sorry but I'm afraid that you are misinformed.

http://www.neopets.com/~iClear

Edited by Acheron, 29 December 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#5197 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

Basically, restocks occur even when a shop is full (4 rows of items), but no new items are added to the shop. You can sit and refresh a shop with no slots all day and never see a single item come in for this very reason. If the shop has one slot, the chance of seeing a good item restock is slim. But, for every available spot, the chances go up greatly as more items are coming. I've gotten into the habit of checking my shops and clearing one if necessary, but it doesn't guarantee me more than two or three good restocks.

#5198 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

After not looking through the whole thread, can someone tell me what's the minimum amount of posts needed to get access to the specific stores option?

ps. I'm not looking to spam to get posts, I was just wondering how much I would need ^^

#5199 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

you have 3 options:
  • >500 post count
  • a subscription
  • a manual list

#5200 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Thanks heaps, was thinking of subscription, since I defiantly used my fair share and made my fair share. With a manual list, I wouldn't know where to being.

Thanks again for the info.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users