Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#5301 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

If that's the case, then how about this for a FEATURE REQUEST: add "max profit" option to Abrosia. So, we could set a max of 20K, so that we're not always trying for the one that's going to be sold out. (I guess I'm assuming that it goes for the best item that it sees on a refresh).

You know, I've read a few times that it goes for the highest profit item first, but I've seen it get a lower profit item, and then right after it goes for something that would have been more.

Not sure if that's another restock right after the first one, or what, just noticed that though. Don't see any problem with the max profit idea though, probably wouldn't be very hard to add in, though I know nothing about programming. Just seems like if the min profit is already there, it shouldn't be that hard to add in the max.

#5302 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

Am wondering if anyone has a theory (or facts) on what triggers restock bans. It doesn't seem to have been related to how aggressive my settings are.

#5303 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

Am wondering if anyone has a theory (or facts) on what triggers restock bans. It doesn't seem to have been related to how aggressive my settings are.

Randomness. Some days I rs refreshing like every 2 seconds and don't get banned, and others I get rs banned abing with the non-advanced abrosia settings (refresh every 8 seconds).
It's related to refresh rates, so you can prevent them setting reasonable refresh rates, but randomness will always be there, at least on nopets.

#5304 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

Also
since I'm RS banned :)
What settings have people found to work well at the igloo? How many items/hr do you get buying 10k items? 5k? 2500?
Interested to know if anyone has compiled data on that.

Also, is there a buyer for the almost abandoned attic? Thanks!

#5305 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Also, is there a buyer for the almost abandoned attic? Thanks!

Sweeney claimed that he was using a pretty safe one (that only a few people had acces to it), so I think you can dig a little.
However a lot of people had gotten frozen for cheationg on the AAA, so be careful.

#5306 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Feature request: ABer for the Almost Abandoned Attic
I have two accounts of at least three years each.

Check out the timetable here: http://www.jellyneo....abandoned_attic

It would only take a few refreshes to grab something good, because the restocks are precisely timed.

Thanks

#5307 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

RSing the Abandoned Attic is a piece of cake on your own... I wouldn't risk it again. I miss my 3 year account :(

#5308 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Feature request: ABer for the Almost Abandoned Attic

Already being worked on.

#5309 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hello.
First, forget me for my English, it's sometimes not good cause it's not my first language.
I'm posting to thank you all for that program. I found it useful.
My account is 90 months old, so I'm very carefull on how I use this AB.
My question (maybe a little bit stupid) is : Does it take time to run good ? Like after a month you make more profit than at first ?

#5310 Tigerzz

Tigerzz
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello.
First, forget me for my English, it's sometimes not good cause it's not my first language.
My question (maybe a little bit stupid) is : Does it take time to run good ? Like after a month you make more profit than at first ?

Not realy... it depends on the restock times of neopets shops, if you get 500 posts or advanced member ship you can change the settings on Abroisa and that will increase your profit but staying in certain shops for too long will increase the risk of your account getting noticed by tnt.

#5311 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Thank you for the quick answer. Well I will probably get active here but not for getting a premium Abrosia, just to increase my english.
I think I will only run it 2 hours by session at first.
(and It makes me restock in shops I never tried before !)

#5312 JL3

JL3
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hello.

I wouldn't recommend using an account that old incase it gets frozen. An account that old would probably not add much benefit just a greater loss.

#5313 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

I wouldn't recommend using an account that old incase it gets frozen. An account that old would probably not add much benefit just a greater loss.

I agree. Until you learn the ins-and-outs of AB'ing, I wouldn't recommend using an account you care for.

#5314 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

I agree. Until you learn the ins-and-outs of AB'ing, I wouldn't recommend using an account you care for.

At least for the first few weeks. I've never been frozen for Abing, but I know not to make mistakes. Make a shell if you need to just to learn about the program.

#5315 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

For the record. The messaging thing doesn't really work. It claims that whoever sent you a nm is the first person on your list of online contacts so when you send one back you get massive confusion

#5316 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

For the record. The messaging thing doesn't really work. It claims that whoever sent you a nm is the first person on your list of online contacts so when you send one back you get massive confusion

This is confirmed, I was having a back and forth and then logged out, set up the Scheduler for sleepy time, sent one last NM and in the morning got a mail from a friend of mine saying "lol you totally sent that to the wrong person"

#5317 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

I tried to use it a bit on a side, but I kept sending Nm's to my main for some reason.
The programers told us before that they were working on the Neomail feature of Abrosia (Maybe they will finish that feature to Abrosia as that surprise they were talking about :o)

#5318 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hahah don't worry for my account guys. That's very kind of you to warn me like that, but I don't use somethin' without reading every issue about it. As I said I'm being very careful.
Thanx for the advices.

#5319 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

Do not use the NeoMail feature.

It is fixed in our source code, but we are purposefully not updating Abrosia immediately because the other changes to Abrosia are not yet completed and this bug isn't critical enough to interrupt the current work. In the meantime, don't use that feature.

#5320 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I'm wondering about the update situation. When all the hard work is finished, will we be downloading an update file, re-downloading the installer, or is it a built-in auto-updater?

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it, and I hope I can brush up on my python to not feel so useless.

#5321 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but where can I find a good guide to making an Abrosia list? The normal "just hit start" method isn't pulling too much profit. Also di I need to be advanced to make a list and use it?

#5322 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but where can I find a good guide to making an Abrosia list? The normal "just hit start" method isn't pulling too much profit. Also di I need to be advanced to make a list and use it?

No you don't have to be advanced. And all it involves is creating a text file with a list of items you want it to purchase. You will need to make one for each individual shop you intend to ab at.

#5323 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Dear creator(s) of ABrosia: You own my soul now. First few hours after I hit start I made over 1 mil profit. :* Also, I'm wondering if the subscription fee for Advanced members go straight to coding guy(s) or is there somewhere I can specifically donate to them? I'm freed from Neo tyranny and have to send my condolences. ^3^

#5324 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Dear creator(s) of ABrosia: You own my soul now. First few hours after I hit start I made over 1 mil profit. :* Also, I'm wondering if the subscription fee for Advanced members go straight to coding guy(s) or is there somewhere I can specifically donate to them? I'm freed from Neo tyranny and have to send my condolences. ^3^

All the money from subscriptions goes back into the site. ;)

#5325 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

All the money from subscriptions goes back into the site. ;)

Thanks Waser! I see no button for sending my soul, though. :p

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users