Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#651 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

I know, and that is why I didn't join any of the other sites. 500 posts is a lot of time and effort to put in before I get to use a program. Whereas here, I get the program, like it, and now I am posting and (hopefully) contributing. I still don't know how exactly I can contribute other from submitting data, but I definitely want to try because I like the programs and what I have seen of the community and I want to support that.

Definitely :). We'll put up more ways to contribute in the future :). Right now, submitting data is the best :D.

#652 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

Any word on taking care of the more leechy members though?

I'm not saying everyone who joined for Abrosia is doing it, but it's certainly ruining things for the legit RSers. I could grab stuff just fine in even the less popular shops during non-peak hours, but like I said earlier, not it's getting to the point if I'm lucky to grab even a 500NP profit item legitly.

I don't want to have to resort to downloading this to compete with people. :|

#653 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Any word on taking care of the more leechy members though?

I'm not saying everyone who joined for Abrosia is doing it, but it's certainly ruining things for the legit RSers. I could grab stuff just fine in even the less popular shops during non-peak hours, but like I said earlier, not it's getting to the point if I'm lucky to grab even a 500NP profit item legitly.

I don't want to have to resort to downloading this to compete with people. :|

Ye. I looked through the database and most of the people who use the program haven't posted a single thing :/ Fuck that.

#654 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

Ye. I looked through the database and most of the people who use the program haven't posted a single thing :/ Fuck that.

It sucks, but at least it's not a complete leech... at least they're contributing to the database...

I'm not saying they should get special treatment... but they're contributing SOMETHING at least

The database we have is top of the line and unlike anything anyone else has :p

#655 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

I have a Dark Faerie/Toy shop so I've been mostly restocking Plushies, although I did Bakery a few times, and what I did was use the restock simple lists feature of the database to make a manual list.

I'm gonna start using the "random" one (since I have less than 500 posts) for now to get more data.

#656 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

i'm so excited i finally got it working. this is my first program to try from here.

#657 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hmm... I'm gonna try and use the .txt feature. Gonna add every profitable item in a particular shop, and some non-profitable ones... see how this works...

As for leachers...I still think we should put some sort of restriction... and not just it's current ones... even though they may be contributing database wise, it still bugs me (and a lot of other people I'm sure) that they are using this program with 0 posts, and with the same privileges as someone with 3 or 400 posts...

#658 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

Hmm... I'm gonna try and use the .txt feature. Gonna add every profitable item in a particular shop, and some non-profitable ones... see how this works...

As for leachers...I still think we should put some sort of restriction... and not just it's current ones... even though they may be contributing database wise, it still bugs me (and a lot of other people I'm sure) that they are using this program with 0 posts, and with the same privileges as someone with 3 or 400 posts...

It might suck, but like jcrboy mentioned, they are contributing. What's more of a concern to me is that Tailwind isn't able to restock legitly. Whether that is due to autobuyers or not, Neocodex always has to tread lightly because we don't want to make a dent in the game.

#659 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

It might suck, but like jcrboy mentioned, they are contributing. What's more of a concern to me is that Tailwind isn't able to restock legitly. Whether that is due to autobuyers or not, Neocodex always has to tread lightly because we don't want to make a dent in the game.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. First come first serve. Maybe close it off to the public :p I'm a greedy vagina, I know

#660 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

I dunno for sure if it has or hasn't been caused by Abrosia, but what I do know is that since it was released to the public, things have been getting harder and harder for not only me, but the other legit restockers that I hang around with.

Like, when it was just Private only, I didn't notice a thing. But of course, Private+ is such a small group, it wouldn't really make a dent. After that phase of testing ended and you guys moved it down to public, yeah, I noticed a bit of a difference in difficulty getting stuff, but it wasn't that bad. I was still able to get a few things, so it didn't bug me that much.

Now I'm noticing as time goes on, it's getting increasingly harder and harder to nab even small profit items. When you can't even nab a 500NP profit item before it's sold out, during the absolute slowest time of the day for Neopets, there's a problem starting.

Like I said, I'm not blaming anyone or anything, but this is just what it seems like. I've had to resort to games for the past few days in order to keep up with my daily Neopoint quota. xD;

Edited by Tailwind, 02 September 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#661 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

im too high to know what im tryping

Edited by turdo, 02 September 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#662 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

You there, edit that quote. Knock it down to one post.

Codex decided to shit on itself right as I posted. :[

#663 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

i agree with most of what you said. i am new to your forum and was surprise to see that i could download programs already without having at least 25 post or maybe be a member for month. my only concern is getting a good program with no limitations and no rules how long will it last before some buttwipe messes it up for the rest of us. i would like to see it closed off to the public also and i also think treading lightly is best.

#664 corbenik

corbenik
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

I second crazy4u opinion, I'm really happy in this forum (and wish I could do more things for this forum, blame me that I don't have enough to go online and drop some posts or any other thing.. DX) and as well concern about that..

#665 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Would it be possible to make it so as you get more posts, you get more privileges?

#666 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

That's kind of the way it is :p

1 month and 500 posts really isn't too bad... especially because you don't need to spend toooooooo much time paying attention to your Neopets account... it's already handled thanks to the progs

#667 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

my aber is purchasing stuff just fine but my concern is i don't see the np being subtracted for my till is there a way of fixing that

#668 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

The only main concern of mine is either A: Tnt finds a flaw in the way this ABer works and uses it to identify EVERYONE who has used it and we all get frozen, or B: TNT can't detect ABing so they change the way the system restocks again.

I think the first is more likely, and to me, the worse of the two.

#669 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

oh i hope not "A" . will keep fingers crossed do you think i should report this on the bug report page

#670 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Just been thinking but maybe you guys should implement a statistical outliers checking function. I mean like with actual statistical reasoning behind it. You could implement something like the normal model.
http://en.wikipedia....al_distribution

Check if new numbers fit into the model and throw out numbers below, lets say, like 5 percent from the ends. Although, this is assuming that Neopets pricing would follow a normal model :p

#671 Nlol

Nlol
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Man i love Abrosia i'm gonna make my way to the 500 posts lol, btw is post office a good shop to Ab?

#672 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

Depends on how lucky you are at having collectors come through your shops and pick up the excess stamps :p

#673 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

Depends on how lucky you are at having collectors come through your shops and pick up the excess stamps :p

Generally items I restock I price at 500-1000 NP off the lowest on the wiz and reduce by 500 a day until it sells (but never under 1k profit). I have Super Wiz, though, which makes it a bit easier to do that.

#674 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Before I forget, how is that scheduler update coming along? Last I heard it freaked out when you unchecked times.

#675 claudinha

claudinha
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Ok, let me tell what I think about that. I work during the day. I am not able to install any software in my computer where I work. I don´t visit Neopets that much during the day. I can take some time to post here, but usually my days are very busy and I don´t have the time.

At night, when I am at home, I could post but I need to use the software and I am afraid of using it and being logged here at the same time. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like they would know if I do that.

Now, what should I do? Stop using the software and post more here, so I can use the software? Or not post here and not use the software because I don´t post?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. First come first serve. Maybe close it off to the public :p I'm a greedy vagina, I know

I agree with closing ir off to the public :D But I would ask to make us newbies keep the program the way it is. I mean, I don´t really care if it is random. I can work with the limits, but I am kind of addicted to it, even if my profits are not that high.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users