Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#6751 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've always wondered about that myself, I mean, the Faerie Quest message is like the size of half the screen.

#6752 Petrolino

Petrolino
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Is it not working for anyone or it's it just me? It's freezing at "Visiting Shop ID: #"

#6753 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Is it not working for anyone or it's it just me? It's freezing at "Visiting Shop ID: #"

Earlier when I was using the program it'd have random moments when it slowed down while visiting shops (and then randomly go back to normal), although it's been fine for me the past hour now (unless I just jinxed it) o: ~

#6754 totallytoasted

totallytoasted
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

are the est. profits supposed to be this far off? I'm buying items I can't even sell, and have to lower the prices like crazy.
Should I just be looking into buying the advanced membership here?

#6755 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

are the est. profits supposed to be this far off? I'm buying items I can't even sell, and have to lower the prices like crazy.

They're estimates, not the very lowest price which an item sells for.

#6756 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

The estimated profit is determined by the item's price in the item database which gets updated fairly often, but prices of buyables just tend fluctuate
To try to avoid that you could raise your profit though

&I'm probably biased since I have Advanced membership, but here are some advantages that it gives:

• Abrosia:
  • Custom wait and delay times
  • Pick what shop you visit
  • Purchase items from the Attic
Neopoint Generator
  • Make 96k NP instead of 35k NP
<li>Auto Adopter
  • Search for Draiks or Krawks
  • Search for more then 3 pets at a time
<li>Neon AP
  • Move items from Shop to Trading post
  • Move items from Shop to Auction House
<li>Item Database
  • Use the Restock List creator feature to create your own custom restock lists
<li>Cellblock
  • Use a more advanced AI
<li>Forum
  • Vote in other advanced members
  • Get a new user title
    {*}Access to the Mystery Picture as soon as it comes out, instead of the day before the next one.

Quoted from the FAQ
(So mainly for Abrosia, you'll be able to use unrestricted settings)

#6757 totallytoasted

totallytoasted
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Rainie, You seem to be really helpful to me on this site. haa. Oh well next paycheck I'll look into the membership.

#6758 Sneakily

Sneakily
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Is the buy time the total time it took to purchase the item? Like if I bought Adv and changed my waits and such would the buy time lower?

#6759 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Is the buy time the total time it took to purchase the item? Like if I bought Adv and changed my waits and such would the buy time lower?

Yes to the first question
&The buy time is the sum of the Pre-Haggle and OCR Page Delay (along with any delay caused by where you live), so if you lowered the settings the buy time would be lower
(So yes to the second question as well cx)

#6760 TheOneB

TheOneB
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

It will,as long as you don't abuse the start/stop button.

WTH are you talking about? Are you the start/stop button police?

I PAID for the advanced features BECAUSE I wanted to be able to choose the shops.

THAT being said...in regards to the posters problem they posted about, I conveyed that I had the same problem and WHAT I DID to surpass that problem.

If I have say...4 shops singled out to only buy from...staying in each for 30 minutes; when it switches from one shop to the next one and it so happens to be empty (coin for example)...it will only stay there about a minute and then go ahead and switch to a new shop.

Do you have a different Abrosia that has other features and options on it that causes it to act differently than everyone elses? OR was the point of your post merely to haze me and bring up a subject that is 2 weeks old?

#6761 Crispin

Crispin
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Out of curiosity, why does Abrosia wait the general wait delay in addition to 5 seconds after a buy? It causes you to miss items.

#6762 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Out of curiosity, why does Abrosia wait the general wait delay in addition to 5 seconds after a buy? It causes you to miss items.

o3o It takes in both of the times~? Huh, I never noticed that

The 5 second wait after a buy is mandatory though since neopets doesn't allow you to buy more than one item every 5 seconds (it'll give you some sort of error when you try to buy another item and 5 seconds hasn't passed yet)

#6763 Crispin

Crispin
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

The 5 second wait after a buy is mandatory though since neopets doesn't allow you to buy more than one item every 5 seconds (it'll give you some sort of error when you try to buy another item and 5 seconds hasn't passed yet)

Yes, I know that. To specify, I'm asking why it's waiting the general wait delay as well rather than going right back to buying.

UPDATE: This does not seem to happen to me when using manual lists.

Edited by Crispin, 06 February 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#6764 Guest_holt0222_*

Guest_holt0222_*

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Just out of curiousity, what is all of your:times set to.

General Wait Delay
MS PreHaggle
OCR Oage Delay
Attic Page Delay

#6765 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just out of curiousity, what is all of your:times set to.

General Wait Delay
MS PreHaggle
OCR Oage Delay
Attic Page Delay

It won't matter: we all have different net speeds which affect our buy times. For example, mine is at the bottom of this post. You can use someone else's as a model, but it will need fine-tuning.
Seeing as you posted anyway:
2.7 - 4.2
0.5 - 0.8
0.3 - 0.7
0.9 - 1.7

Posted Image

#6766 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

2.7 - 4.2
0.5 - 0.8
0.3 - 0.7
0.9 - 1.7

I don't seem to get many items from Abrosia these days but when I do it says I bought the item in around 1800ms to 2200ms. This would be considered safe right? Based on the times you posted, arent you potentially going to buy items in 800ms to 1500ms O_o.

#6767 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I don't seem to get many items from Abrosia these days but when I do it says I bought the item in around 1800ms to 2200ms. This would be considered safe right? Based on the times you posted, arent you potentially going to buy items in 800ms to 1500ms O_o.

Yes, you can call these 'safe' times. I do buy items a bit slower, in about ~1500ms, due to my ISP sucking donkey balls.

#6768 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Q: What are safe settings for Abrosia.
A: This is one of the biggest mistakes that all noobs make when using Abrosia for the first time. Never use anyone else's times. Everyone has different internet speeds, and different distances to the Neopets servers. For instance, someone on the east cost with a 0.4 second haggle delay might buy things from shops in 1000ms, while someone on the west coast will buy it in 1800ms. Using someone else's times will result in different buy speeds, and usually result in you being frozen. The best way to know what settings are safe is to simply use the default settings. They were tested for months to ensure that they balances profit and security. If you want to adjust them, try buying items in the Tiki Tak and work your buy times to be between 1500 and 1800ms, which is usually close to how fast humans can buy. The slower your buy time, the less chance you have of being frozen.

So to summarize, as Russ mentioned, along with the Prehaggle + OCR Delay, your internet speeds and where you live affects your resulting buy times as well, so asking for other users' settings won't benefit you because it'll most likely give you a different result unless you have the exact same internet speed and live in the exact same area as the user who provided you with their settings.

I don't seem to get many items from Abrosia these days but when I do it says I bought the item in around 1800ms to 2200ms. This would be considered safe right?

That should be fine (although, there will still be a possibility of being frozen of course), the FAQ defines safe times as 1500ms and above (since that's close to how fast legitimate restockers would buy at) ^__^~

#6769 TheOneB

TheOneB
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

wouldn't General Wait Delay of less than 5 seconds cause you to get RS banned more often?

That seems pretty fast.

#6770 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

wouldn't General Wait Delay of less than 5 seconds cause you to get RS banned more often?

That seems pretty fast.

It would, although it'll depend on your luck as well since restock bans are completely random (I've gotten RS banned after ABing for 10 minutes before cx)

Edit for grammar (because I always notice mistakes right after I post x3~)

Edited by Rainie, 07 February 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#6771 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yes, I know that. To specify, I'm asking why it's waiting the general wait delay as well rather than going right back to buying.

UPDATE: This does not seem to happen to me when using manual lists.

This is late, but I didn't notice/bother to check until now cx
I can say that right after the 5 second wait Abrosia just goes back to buying items for me :p~

Edit: Well, as long as there are other items that matches my profit margin at least-- if there aren't then it'll go back to refreshing

Edited by Rainie, 08 February 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#6772 TheOneB

TheOneB
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

After the 5 second wait, Abrosia waits again using the General Wait Delay...then OCR's the page, haggles and buys.

Rinse and repeat.

So even if there were 2 items to be bought, I am looking at 10-13 seconds after the first item is bought; before it starts to buy the next one (which by then means its usually gone)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, lets say there are 3 items of varying profits available.

example: Item A....2 qty....5000 profit
Item B...1 Qty....2000 profit
Item C...2 qty...1000 profit

Instead of Abrosia buying BOTH Item A's and then moving to the Item B.....it buys Item A, Item B, Item C and then back to Item A etc...

In my opinion this is not a very human like behavior and could elicit some freezes.

If I use manual lists...does it do the same thing?

#6773 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Well for me, after the 5 second wait Abrosia will just go and buy the other item(s) that restocked as long as they match my profit margin :p~

&By the same thing, do you mean buy Item A then Item B, etc. ?
I'd assume so (although keep in mind that manual lists buy items in the order that they're listed in), but then again, I've never tried/noticed it before so I can't be positive

#6774 rockhacker

rockhacker
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

wanted to know if it's dangerous re-stocking in the attic
in relation to the main shops

logically with the originals settings of the program

What are the chances of generating freezing?

#6775 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

wanted to know if it's dangerous re-stocking in the attic
in relation to the main shops

logically with the originals settings of the program

What are the chances of generating freezing?

Unless you set ridiculous wait times, like 0.2-0.4 - almost none.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users