Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#7176 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

However, I was wondering is it safe to sell them on

You mean selling the Abed item in your neo shop? Yeah, I've sold at least 50+ Abed items in my shop, none of them disappeared (never heard of it doing that).

#7177 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

You mean selling the Abed item in your neo shop? Yeah, I've sold at least 50+ Abed items in my shop, none of them disappeared (never heard of it doing that).

Basically, I heard from someone who bought an item from a shop, and it then vanished from their inventory (they paid for it; lost the item and the NPs). They also received a mail from the admins at Neopets, stating that the item was illegit. My neofriend thinks the item was sourced using an Auto-Buyer. I'm just worried about that happening to my customers, as I'd hate for anyone to feel cheated. :/

#7178 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

That sounds more like someone tried to duplicate the item, rather than ABing it, as when you AB an item, it actually buys the item (so there'd be no reason for the item to disappear.) The only difference between RSing and ABing is that instead of you sitting there and refreshing and everything, the program does it. You still pay NP for the item, and it goes into your inventory as it would if you were actually doing it yourself.

With duplicate items, since you didn't buy the duplicate item, if you tried to sell it, it make sense if it disappeared (since the second item was never actually bought with NP)

Edited by UmbreonQueen, 19 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#7179 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

That sounds more like someone tried to duplicate the item, rather than ABing it, as when you AB an item, it actually buys the item (so there'd be no reason for the item to disappear.) The only difference between RSing and ABing is that instead of you sitting there and refreshing and everything, the program does it. You still pay NP for the item, and it goes into your inventory as it would if you were actually doing it yourself.

With duplicate items, since you didn't buy the duplicate item, if you tried to sell it, it make sense if it disappeared (since the second item was never actually bought with NP)

Ah right, I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me. So relieved, because this programme is awesome! thanks again :)

#7180 beastofthenorth

beastofthenorth
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Exception in thread Thread-88:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 700, in run
File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 1192, in processNextTaskItem
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 108, in feed
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 148, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 229, in parse_starttag
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 304, in check_for_whole_start_tag
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 115, in error
HTMLParseError: malformed start tag, at line 1, column 65439

#7181 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Turn off the premium bar.

#7182 Lantias

Lantias
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

I've been using the Auto Buyer. Under Manual List Options I have a list of Magic Shop items and I have the shop ID set and I keep getting "Warning: Main Shop Restocking Ban Detected. Switching to Igloo..." It doesn't matter how long I wait, it still does this. Is there a way to fix this? I have my program settings at default besides the Manual List Options.

#7183 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

From what I can see, Restock Bans are almost inevitable. I have had two of them, now. Also, from what I hear restocking from the magic shop is a ticket to freezing. Can anyone shed any more light on this? I don't know what it is about the Magic Shop that makes Auto-buyers more vulnerable in there.

#7184 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

From what I can see, Restock Bans are almost inevitable. I have had two of them, now. Also, from what I hear restocking from the magic shop is a ticket to freezing. Can anyone shed any more light on this? I don't know what it is about the Magic Shop that makes Auto-buyers more vulnerable in there.

That's actually a common misconception. This is, in essence how it works:

Magic Shop = Highest profit and lowest restock intervals = More NP/opportunities = Greater desire/greed induced = More people =
More competition = Faster (probably stupider) AB settings = Easier to be detected with an ABer = More likely to get frozen in than in other shops.
******placeholder****** |____<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<____|
****placeholder**** Frustration if you don't get as many buys as you'd like

Therefore, Magic Shop = More likely to get frozen in than in other shops.

P.S. Just to clarify, RS bans can be avoided if you keep your refresh rate down, or spend less time in the shops, or some combination of the two. Not sure if you knew that, just thought I ought to be sure. :)

Edited by Russell, 24 June 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#7185 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

That's actually a common misconception. This is, in essence how it works:

Magic Shop = Highest profit and lowest restock intervals = More NP/opportunities = Greater desire/greed induced = More people =
More competition = Faster (probably stupider) AB settings = Easier to be detected with an ABer = More likely to get frozen in than in other shops.
******placeholder****** |____<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<____|
****placeholder**** Frustration if you don't get as many buys as you'd like

Therefore, Magic Shop = More likely to get frozen in than in other shops.

P.S. Just to clarify, RS bans can be avoided if you keep your refresh rate down, or spend less time in the shops, or some combination of the two. Not sure if you knew that, just thought I ought to be sure. :)

I see! Thanks for the information, Russell. So basically, keep the refresh times on default (or sensible, at the very least), and it should be fine (my own are set to default).

#7186 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I see! Thanks for the information, Russell. So basically, keep the refresh times on default (or sensible, at the very least), and it should be fine (my own are set to default).

Yep, that's the gist of it. You should have no problems with the defaults. :)

#7187 Bummer

Bummer
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

I was gonna ask why suddenly I can't use Abrosia. Thanks Waser.

#7188 fancycutie05

fancycutie05
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I just started using the program. AMAZING. Got my first two items, and made about 45k! I made sure to only run it for about half an hour or less. I read the guide and stuff and I know you aren't supposed to run it for hours on end (kind of common sense), but I am curious. How long do you guys run it, and how long do you wait between. I'm just asking for everyone's different preferences...just to see how others do it too :) Well, I'm hoping to join the community because, so far, it seems really awesome!!!

#7189 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I run mine for 5-6hours a day, 1-2hour increments. (I'll run 1-3 and then run it again at 6-7, or I run at 10am-11am, and then 12am-1) usually a 1-2hour wait in between.

#7190 Soapsub

Soapsub
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

How often do you guys miss an item. I seem to miss everytime :( Any tips?

#7191 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

How often do you guys miss an item. I seem to miss everytime

Sometimes, as I run aborisa in books/foods/spooky foods which aren't that competitive. For more competitive shops (like magic/battle magic/defense magic/merifoods/stamps/tyrannian petpets) you'll miss items more often (and those aren't the safest places to AB in anyway)

My settings:
5-8 refresh rates
.3-.3 pre-haggle/OCR delay (so it always does .3, I used to use .4-.5 and .3-.4)

My buy times are usually around 1100-3000 (still have some 15,000 and 25,000 now and then) Don't run it around 6PM NST (from the FAQ) as more people tend to be on restocking durring that time.

Mornings, afternoons, and sometimes late nights are usually better. Since people are at work/school/asleep durring those times, so there's less competition.

Edited by Satsuki, 26 June 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#7192 gooser

gooser
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Has anyone's Abrosia been stopping itself after around 40 minutes? It hasn't happened in the past but I haven't been able to use the program for longer than 40 minutes without resetting today.

#7193 Omnipotence

Omnipotence
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

I keep getting this error:

Exception in thread Thread-89:
File "threading.pyc", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 700, in run
File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 997, in processNextTaskItem
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 108, in feed
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 148, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 229, in parse_starttag
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 304, in check_for_whole_start_tag
File "HTMLParser.pyc", line 115, in error
HTMLParseError: malformed start tag, at line 1, column 48665

ideas?

#7194 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

#7195 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I've been getting this error when I try to browser-sync with Chrome:

File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/Lib/NPLogin/NPLogin.py", line 190, in OKClicked
File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/Lib/NPLogin/NPLogin.py", line 209, in SaveSettingsToRegistry
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

#7196 wptlzkwjd

wptlzkwjd
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

How often do you guys miss an item. I seem to miss everytime :( Any tips?

I hit an item maybe once in every 4 attempts? How about you? Do you actually miss every item?

#7197 caitie

caitie
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for making this program. I've snagged two Draik MPs with it. Haven't gotten iced...yet.

#7198 AJB540

AJB540
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just a thought, how about incorporating a faerie quest completer? Would help tons with pet stats.

#7199 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just a thought, how about incorporating a faerie quest completer? Would help tons with pet stats.

You can use the item database to get the items you need for a faerie quest. There really isn't a need for a whole new program, or incorporating something into abrosia.

Though, instead of a program it be nice if abrosia could just tell you if you got a quest, like it does with random events. (I stopped having abrosia price my shop so I could have more time to buy things. I use the shop APer now)

Edited by Satsuki, 30 June 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#7200 AJB540

AJB540
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

You can use the item database to get the items you need for a faerie quest. There really isn't a need for a whole new program, or incorporating something into abrosia.

Though, instead of a program it be nice if abrosia could just tell you if you got a quest, like it does with random events. (I stopped having abrosia price my shop so I could have more time to buy things. I use the shop APer now)

I run it on a schedule, so I'm not always at my computer while it's ABing. I just leave it running and let it do it's thing every couple of hours while I'm at work or sleeping.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users