Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#926 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

*shrug* Hey, the point of an autobuyer is to emulate a person, correct?

Go all the way. Have it load and display everything. Have it stop for a moment when a random event pops up (such as an item granting one), and so on.

Little factors like that.

#927 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

Well, I can't "display" anything because I'm not coding an HTML-friendly browser, but I can certainly download the images and make it seem to them like we're displaying it.

And yeah, perhaps we can make little things, like that random event thing. The freezing of people seems to be done by real people observing the habits of accounts, because it seems like there's never anything concrete about people's circumstances of getting frozen. <_<

#928 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

The random event thing would be to be carefully coded and studied though.

An item granting one would more than likely cause people to rush to their inventory, one like Boochy would cause most people to stop and stare at the screen for a second or two wondering what just happened. Something like Adee though, most people ignore.

You could just gather up a list of the known REs, throw them in there and program reactions for them.

Edited by Tailwind, 07 September 2009 - 10:36 PM.

#929 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Metigue suggested to me that we should add some sort of spidering as well just to simulate someone navigating around Neopets for a bit. I'm just trying to think of when a good time to do that would be.

Maybe in the scheduler, I can introduce some kind of "yellow" zone where it will pretend to do other things than RS (essentially, spider or something). That way it doesn't look like they're focused only on RSing. Also, I'll make it do things occasionally for the RE's.

And I could also make it download images, but I want to see how Firefox does it. I also want to know how it caches the images and such (ie. with the ETags). :/

#930 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

A good thing to do would be to check the boards or guild forums (provided they're a member of the guild.)

Even if they don't post, it would look like they're reading. Could have it stop in a random topic for a random amount of time and so on.

Maybe during Snowager time, have it stop and visit Snowy, then the Healing Springs. Etc.

#931 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

Basically, you guys, I want to minimize freezings such that TNT will always second guess themselves, every time. I never want them to be sure that they are freezing an autobuyer, so that they become more reluctant to freeze.

#932 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

And a good time for it to do the spidering would more than likely be after a completed restock.

#933 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

A good thing to do would be to check the boards or guild forums (provided they're a member of the guild.)

Even if they don't post, it would look like they're reading. Could have it stop in a random topic for a random amount of time and so on.

Maybe during Snowager time, have it stop and visit Snowy, then the Healing Springs. Etc.

Yeah, that's an idea. Let's make sure we pool these ideas and they don't get lost in the topic or something as it's quite big already. :/ I'll probably make another topic soon.

And a good time for it to do the spidering would more than likely be after a completed restock.

Hmm, yeah, or if they're RS banned, they won't go to the Igloo right away. We don't want the algorithm to be deterministic too much. :p

#934 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

Whatever you do SL, just make sure the autobuyer doesn't get too complex. It shouldn't become hard to manage. Make it as modular as possible.

#935 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

This could quickly become the sort of program that eventually makes you insane... and I'm not blaming you, SL... chances are that I did SOMETHING wrong... but what, I'm not sure yet... I'll figure it out...

It almost seems like SL wants to create arbitrary artificial gamers... sounds epic in scope, but it's just that... epic... we don't expect the world of you... just some solid code :p

#936 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

This could quickly become the sort of program that eventually makes you insane... and I'm not blaming you, SL... chances are that I did SOMETHING wrong... but what, I'm not sure yet... I'll figure it out...

It almost seems like SL wants to create arbitrary artificial gamers... sounds epic in scope, but it's just that... epic... we don't expect the world of you... just some solid code :p

Did you score send too?

How how did you verify your proxies before you used them, ProxyJudge?

#937 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

Did you score send too?

How how did you verify your proxies before you used them, ProxyJudge?

I used a score sender early in their life to amass a base funding... then just AB'ed

And yes, ProxyJudge was my determination.

#938 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:22 AM

I have a question for you wizards, If my account is under a month as i recently started up again.

Would the AB'er become a waste of time, as i read somewhere that you cant see certain restocks with my current account life.

#939 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

http://www.neocodex....-abrosia-stule/

Enjoy the read!

#940 therato

therato
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:51 AM

I have a question for you wizards, If my account is under a month as i recently started up again.

Would the AB'er become a waste of time, as i read somewhere that you cant see certain restocks with my current account life.

it wont be a waste of time, i made 3m in the firsy 3 weeks

#941 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

not sure if it was the update that fixed or the fact that i'm using vista on a different comp. Will check when i get home, maybe there are slight compatability issues with xp sp 1 as it was working while i had xp sp3 :S will check into this.

p.s. thanks for the update -wishes he could code anything other than zMud-

edit: Ugh i lied still having problems. The suggestion about using the cookie helps though

Edited by zumah, 08 September 2009 - 02:48 AM.

#942 gaelle

gaelle
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:32 AM

By the way, are you from DarkZtar? I heard that members from there are starting to get word of this ABer... ../../public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif

Yeah you're right ^^ Well some users on Darkztar began to talk about Abrosia on some threads so I think some people were wondering what it is !

#943 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

Ah so you CAN make money on a low-time account, just not as much i guess without the UB's being stocked.

I'll just use my girlfriends account for AB Purposes.

thanks for the help, that guide is a great read.

#944 gaelle

gaelle
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

Haha does she know you'll do this :p ?

#945 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

Oooh, new update? *zooms* :thumbsup:

#946 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

Haha does she know you'll do this :p ?

Does she need to know :thumbsup:

#947 claudinha

claudinha
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

Ah so you CAN make money on a low-time account, just not as much i guess without the UB's being stocked.

thanks for the help, that guide is a great read.

I think I will use only my other account then. I don´t want to lose my main and I really don´t care about UBs because they are hard to sell and to price.

#948 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

I've been using a newbie account to AB on and I've made a decent amount so far.. I've got no choice though, I can't for the life of me remember the usernames for the side accounts I made years ago. >_<

#949 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:08 AM

I've been using a newbie account to AB on and I've made a decent amount so far.. I've got no choice though, I can't for the life of me remember the usernames for the side accounts I made years ago. >_<

Check your emails xD It's what I did lol

Yeah Shadow I was thinking, don't make it so it spiders without our choice, or even at regular intervals, Putting a yellow color for spidering in the scheduler would be great, or perhaps a user check box for spidering, "spider for ___ every ___ to ___ minutes" lol.

#950 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Metigue suggested to me that we should add some sort of spidering as well just to simulate someone navigating around Neopets for a bit. I'm just trying to think of when a good time to do that would be.

Maybe in the scheduler, I can introduce some kind of "yellow" zone where it will pretend to do other things than RS (essentially, spider or something). That way it doesn't look like they're focused only on RSing. Also, I'll make it do things occasionally for the RE's.

And I could also make it download images, but I want to see how Firefox does it. I also want to know how it caches the images and such (ie. with the ETags). :/

You know you're overthinking things already. :p We already have proof that there's nothing special in what they look for and there's nothing inherent in the process of autobuying which gives a person away (whether it be images or whatever).

I think perhaps we should start logging buy times and see what kind of information we get from that.

Yeah you're right ^^ Well some users on Darkztar began to talk about Abrosia on some threads so I think some people were wondering what it is !

And don't use our database to provide autobuyer lists for other competing sites btw, it's not different than leaking. Yes I do see everything.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users