Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#951 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

You know you're overthinking things already. :p We already have proof that there's nothing special in what they look for and there's nothing inherent in the process of autobuying which gives a person away (whether it be images or whatever).

I think perhaps we should start logging buy times and see what kind of information we get from that.

And don't use our database to provide autobuyer lists for other competing sites btw, it's not different than leaking. Yes I do see everything.

I know lol, but the more things like spider refreshing and such that it does, the faster buy times you can have without arousing suspicion.
It also, as SL says adds doubt to any ban of an autobuyer, which always leads to a chance of appeal.

Edited by Metigue, 08 September 2009 - 08:48 AM.

#952 Sephiroth

Sephiroth
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

For some reason abrosia isnt restocking as much as it was for me, but im guessing its from the mass of people using it. haha

#953 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

For some reason abrosia isnt restocking as much as it was for me, but im guessing its from the mass of people using it. haha

Abrosia can never change how often the shops restock and the ammount of people using it shouldn't effect Abrosias buy speeds

#954 gaelle

gaelle
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

I haven't got anything since I run it =/ How long should i run it straight ?

#955 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

I haven't got anything since I run it =/ How long should i run it straight ?

I generally leave it running for a good few hours.. sometimes I get a lot of buys, sometimes I dont.. I think it's luck. XD

#956 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

As much as I thought Abrosia shutting down when inventory is full is a great update, it backfires on everybody that choose to have their items moved somewhere else. After I got the update, I ran it. Checked it after 2 hours and it stopped after 30 minutes because inventory is full but it never sent the items to my shop once (not even an error about my shop till or pricing). Would it be possible for Abrosia to move the items (if it is set to move the items) and if there is a problem with moving items, it shuts down?

#957 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

As much as I thought Abrosia shutting down when inventory is full is a great update, it backfires on everybody that choose to have their items moved somewhere else. After I got the update, I ran it. Checked it after 2 hours and it stopped after 30 minutes because inventory is full but it never sent the items to my shop once (not even an error about my shop till or pricing). Would it be possible for Abrosia to move the items (if it is set to move the items) and if there is a problem with moving items, it shuts down?

have you ever stopped to think that maybe you are running it too fast if your inventory fills up in 30 mins? Most i get is like 5-8 items a DAY!

#958 Sephiroth

Sephiroth
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

Abrosia can never change how often the shops restock and the ammount of people using it shouldn't effect Abrosias buy speeds

I know, but the people who never manually restocked are using it which makes it harder to get items.

#959 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

I know, but the people who never manually restocked are using it which makes it harder to get items.

Agreed. It makes it harder because there is less stuff to buy for everyone else if all of us Abing grab it all, which is why I think the default settings should be set WAY higher, so people don't get 50 items every half hour >.> *cough*

#960 bobbycat123

bobbycat123
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Your profit margin is probably set low, so you really only have a lot of really small profit junk

#961 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Agreed. It makes it harder because there is less stuff to buy for everyone else if all of us Abing grab it all, which is why I think the default settings should be set WAY higher, so people don't get 50 items every half hour >.> *cough*

haha honestly, I'd have to agree too. But I kept quiet because I'm not in a good position for such change. Maybe not WAY higher..

#962 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

:drool: Abrosia decided, "Hey lets make 600k profit in 2 hours"

I love this program, it scares me how quickly it can go through a restock.

Got a goodie bag and some very rare stamps.

#963 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

i dont know about you guys but mine it set to refresh every 7-27 seconds
profit margin is 6k.. how about everyone else?

most expensive thing i got was a 500k morphing potion.. missed SEVERAL draik potions.. next best thing was some UB book for like 130k and all buyable there after.. I only AB in magic when i'm by the computer so that i can watch when the magic shop RSes and then manually turn on Abrosia for a few mins and then turn it off once the RS passes... i have never left it on for more then 20 mins in magic.

But really you know someone is abusing it when even people who are ABing are having a hard time getting stuff >.<

If you can't buy stuff with an ABer something is wrong people.

Edited by Rikku, 08 September 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#964 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

i dont know about you guys but mine it set to refresh every 7-27 seconds
profit margin is 6k.. how about everyone else?

most expensive thing i got was a 500k morphing potion.. missed SEVERAL draik potions.. next best thing was some UB book for like 130k and all buyable there after..

Im at the default 8.0 - 8.0

and 3500 profit margin.

Been running it for 2 days, best Ive gotten was a 8th year goodie bag worth around 110k.

I run it when i can, usually 4-6 hours a day, like in the guide.

#965 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Im at the default 8.0 - 8.0

and 3500 profit margin.

Been running it for 2 days, best Ive gotten was a 8th year goodie bag worth around 110k.

I run it when i can, usually 4-6 hours a day, like in the guide.

that's not bad... I was talking about the people who leave it on 24/7 with a crazy low refresh rate.

But who am I to complain, it's a self correcting problem, they go and buy everything in half an hour and get frozen a day later... problem solved.

#966 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

that's not bad... I was talking about the people who leave it on 24/7 with a crazy low refresh rate.

But who am I to complain, it's a self correcting problem, they go and buy everything in half an hour and get frozen a day later... problem solved.

:pirate1: Yarr', I'm honestly scared of the default settings they seem so fast as is, only a psychopath/idiot would try to lower it.

Everything seems PERFECT the way it is.

My one complaint is that it seems to get stuck on some real shitastic shops like glamour and merifood, and its making me cry blood.

#967 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

I have my refresh set to 8-12 seconds... I really slowed down the process times( .7-1 and 1.5-2), and I'm only running it for 4-5 hours total at random intervals through the day.... I'm going to try to get rich slow here.

#968 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

jcr, you're nearing your 1337 post.

ARE YOU PREPARED FOR IT.

#969 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

I'm always prepared to be as 1337 as possible... but less 1337 than the guy who insisted on posting fully in 1337... no one enjoyed that but him...

#970 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Making the default user settings higher, is a good idea.

in-fact creating multiple user ranks and having different min settings for each one would be the best idea, this way people who contribute to the forum get a reward of sorts, 500 posts shouldn't be a one and only reward.

#971 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

Making the default user settings higher, is a good idea.

in-fact creating multiple user ranks and having different min settings for each one would be the best idea, this way people who contribute to the forum get a reward of sorts, 500 posts shouldn't be a one and only reward.

i concur.

#972 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

You know you're overthinking things already. :p We already have proof that there's nothing special in what they look for and there's nothing inherent in the process of autobuying which gives a person away (whether it be images or whatever).

I think perhaps we should start logging buy times and see what kind of information we get from that.

Maybe you're right. :p

#973 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

He was saying that there is too much competition for items because so many people are using Abrosia. When you couple the fact that people can just restart the program for the shop they want (like you do) and the amount of people using it, then it becomes very hard to get good items in the popular shops.

I have probably had no more than 5 UB's since I started using it...and it is quite often running for 24 hours a day.

#974 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

He was saying that there is too much competition for items because so many people are using Abrosia. When you couple the fact that people can just restart the program for the shop they want (like you do) and the amount of people using it, then it becomes very hard to get good items in the popular shops.

I have probably had no more than 5 UB's since I started using it...and it is quite often running for 24 hours a day.

I managed to pull a 125k item out of the clothing store within about an hour... got lucky, though, I guess :p

And I have a long damn wait time for ABing

#975 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

I managed to pull a 125k item out of the clothing store within about an hour... got lucky, though, I guess :p

And I have a long damn wait time for ABing

My refresh time is 12 - 18 seconds.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users