Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#1276 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Well, since he only have 100 posts, and most of the other people continuously posting here have less, they won't even get the good shops to not get profit from, so he really doesn't benefit from it until he posts moar.

Oh man, I'm looking forward to that!

i hate you

#1277 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Well, since he only have 100 posts, and most of the other people continuously posting here have less, they won't even get the good shops to not get profit from, so he really doesn't benefit from it until he posts moar.

Oh man, I'm looking forward to that!

Do you know if those numbers are final? Like under 100 posts = top 5 shops restricted? Or is there still debate about that

#1278 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

There is still a debate but that idea sure is picking up a lot of steam around here..

#1279 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

There is still a debate but that idea sure is picking up a lot of steam around here..

From what i remember quite a few of the under 500 post members supported the idea. It'll definitely clear things up though, with popular shops getting clogged up with autobuyers

#1280 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

From what i remember quite a few of the under 500 post members supported the idea. It'll definitely clear things up though, with popular shops getting clogged up with autobuyers

Well, because of the periodic unlocking of shops with higher post counts, the newer members don't have as much to complain about, since they'll have a couple shops as they posts more. Though, think of how the new people would feel if SL just kept them in the dark, the Advanced+ getting all the good shops and the newbies getting the less popular shops, I'd put my money down on a few complaining about it, only because they can't benefit as much from the already OP program they get for free.

Then again, they could continuously be agreeing with any change that negatively affects them all because they want to suck up to ShadowLink or something, though I don't see how that will benefit them in any way.

#1281 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Another question that arises is "will it be accessible through manual lists." I know that some users couldn't care one way or the other because their manual lists are unaffected

#1282 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'm sorry if I seem like a lurker...or a nub...

I just never have time to post on forums :(

So anyway...yeah...I'm having a problem. I used this program earlier today...and everything went fine! Now it keeps on giving me errors when it tries to log in.

Run the program first...it checks for cookies...then it freezes. So I run it again...gets through that...but it keeps giving errors when I log in.

The account isn't frozen...in fact I'm playing on it right now! Help? :(

#1283 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Another question that arises is "will it be accessible through manual lists." I know that some users couldn't care one way or the other because their manual lists are unaffected

Well, I'm sure SL will change that so people who are restricted can't use manual lists on the shops either, because that will make the restriction entirely useless.

#1284 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm sorry if I seem like a lurker...or a nub...

I just never have time to post on forums :(

So anyway...yeah...I'm having a problem. I used this program earlier today...and everything went fine! Now it keeps on giving me errors when it tries to log in.

Run the program first...it checks for cookies...then it freezes. So I run it again...gets through that...but it keeps giving errors when I log in.

The account isn't frozen...in fact I'm playing on it right now! Help? :(

Yet you managed to post asking for help? :rolleyes:

Are you using Vista?

About restrictions: Personally I think only removing the top 5 shops initially is still generous.

#1285 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Oh hush up you!

*fish slap*

And yes, I managed to post here. Again...sorry if I seem like I'm just a program leach. :(

And yes..I'm using Vista Home Premium

*hides*

#1286 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. anyways theres only so much i can post each day without spamming. im not gona dig up old topics and start posting shit in em.

#1287 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

Is something already in place, though? I haven't been at any of the "top" shops in however many days I've been using the AB, but the biggest shop I've been to may have been Plushie, which is good in it's own right, but certainly no BM, DM, magic, stamp, etc.

#1288 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. anyways theres only so much i can post each day without spamming. im not gona dig up old topics and start posting shit in em.

No one said reaching 500 posts would take a week, reaching that number takes some time, so be patient.

@KRGirl, try restarting your computer, that might help, or run as Admin. It also could be an Anti-Virus blocking it.

Is something already in place, though? I haven't been at any of the "top" shops in however many days I've been using the AB, but the biggest shop I've been to may have been Plushie, which is good in it's own right, but certainly no BM, DM, magic, stamp, etc.

ShadowLink would of announced that the change was implemented, you're probably just having some bad luck I guess.

Edited by Elindoril, 14 September 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#1289 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Luls thanks :)

I really appreciate it. I'll try that later. Tried running it as an admin already. Will try restarting later.

Did run great for me when it was running the first time though X3

#1290 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

Are you sure there isn't something place? I keep getting the same cycle of shops (plushies, choco, bakery, furn, toy, uni) for the most part.

#1291 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Are you sure there isn't something place? I keep getting the same cycle of shops (plushies, choco, bakery, furn, toy, uni) for the most part.

That's because SL put in some sort of probability thing that That has a greater chance of selecting shops with higher profit

#1292 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

There isn't anything implemented that I know about, so unless Shadow attacked the database without notice, Abrosia is just having fun going to those shops.

If you REALLY want to go to a different shop, then use a manual list instead of just running it.

Edited by Elindoril, 14 September 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#1293 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

It's up and running again. Thanks for the suggestions :3

Silly computer likes eating files and making me reset :(

#1294 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:33 PM

yeah that would be stupid IMO as the whole reason to restrict is to restrict the randomized shop access. Thats what makes this autobuyer so awesome in my eyes besides the fact that it has a pretty look and it'll jump to igloo when ever you are RS banned

a question. Does it keep running etc whenever it gets logged out or can't load the shop page? Because it acts like its still visiting the shop but when i close it and open it again and attempt to login it says login failed if i've been logged out.

#1295 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

a question. Does it keep running etc whenever it gets logged out or can't load the shop page? Because it acts like its still visiting the shop but when i close it and open it again and attempt to login it says login failed if i've been logged out.

It will continue to run as if it is still logged into your account, but will generate errors when trying to do the hourly tasks like pricing items and withdrawing cash from your till, dunno about login failed business, if I see that the program was logged out, I just stop it, log out with the program (Even though it already is :/) and re-login and start it up again, and it works fine afterwards.

#1296 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:49 PM

this would be why it needs a window that displays current shop contents.

#1297 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

I need some help! I've been using Abrosia for about a month now, with great results.
Anyway, now when I start it up, it gets stuck in the status bar, saying "STATUS: Visiting (shop here)" and doesn't refresh or anything.
What's more, when I click the stop button, it greys out and nothing happens, so I eventually have to just X out, and I get an error box that says "See the logfile C:/Programs/Neocodex/PythonApp/Abrosia.exe.log for details."

I made sure I had the mot up to date versions of Abrosia and the required files, and then tried downloading them both again anyway. I tried running Abrosia with lists and without, with profit margin of 5000 and with profit margin of 1.

Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: Here's my two cents on the whole restricting for lesser pot members. I don't personally have a lot of posts. I post maybe once or twice a day, so it'd take me a long time to get to 500 posts. However, I have +reputation, I am one of the top pricers for the items database (go Neon!), and I wrote a guide for the forum that I thought would be helpful, with more to follow when I think of topics. Shouldn't we maybe find a way to rank users aside from post count, or at least in conjunction with it?

Edited by ekluise, 15 September 2009 - 02:23 AM.

#1298 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:12 AM

Luls thanks :)

I really appreciate it. I'll try that later. Tried running it as an admin already. Will try restarting later.

Did run great for me when it was running the first time though X3

Running as Admin was what I was going to suggest so not sure after that. I think jcrboy had a similar error and founf that restarting the computer was useful....as well as just restarting the program. I guess you could try reinstalling it as well.

#1299 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

EDIT: Here's my two cents on the whole restricting for lesser pot members. I don't personally have a lot of posts. I post maybe once or twice a day, so it'd take me a long time to get to 500 posts. However, I have +reputation, I am one of the top pricers for the items database (go Neon!), and I wrote a guide for the forum that I thought would be helpful, with more to follow when I think of topics. Shouldn't we maybe find a way to rank users aside from post count, or at least in conjunction with it?

Well, +rep really isn't that great, as anyone can rep you for almost anything, as long as they don't abuse it, so you'd have to acquire a good amount of rep to get anywhere with it. Besides, you only have 3 rep, that's not a whole lot.

Pricing? Never going to happen, all you have to do is run the program a lot to price items, and since so many people run the program already, there would be little difference in change with prices regardless of how many you priced.

The guide? I dunno about that one, it would be pretty obsolete for those who want to use it to get into the good shops with manual lists, since they'll be restricted from them, so a smaller amount of people will have use for it.

#1300 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

hmm, if it hasn't been suggested yet, perhaps we could add in a check to actually make sure you are logged in >.>

2009-09-15 04:57:41 - Abrosia MSAB Started.
2009-09-15 04:58:34 - Bought LOLOLOLOLO: XXXX NP
2009-09-15 05:48:40 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 05:48:52 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 05:49:03 - Pricing Personal Shop: Failed to load shop.
2009-09-15 08:03:26 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 08:03:43 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 08:41:44 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 08:42:03 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 10:24:21 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 10:24:37 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 10:28:10 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 10:28:28 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 12:05:24 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 12:05:42 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?
2009-09-15 12:25:17 - Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
2009-09-15 12:25:28 - Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?

Edited by MasterJunpei, 15 September 2009 - 10:56 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users