Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#2001 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:03 AM

Anyway, I let it run for 3 hours straight or so and it switched shops multiple times and I've tried reducing the max refresh rate. I haven't got any logs except starting, stopping, and the shop till error. I also haven't got any errors except the shop till one and one when I tried importing a custom list while it was running.

Either you are just getting crappy shops, or somehow you are getting logged out of your account and it just sits there refreshing nothing. Are you doing anything with your account other then letting it AB?

#2002 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

Either you are just getting crappy shops, or somehow you are getting logged out of your account and it just sits there refreshing nothing. Are you doing anything with your account other then letting it AB?

No, I'm not browsing the site while using it. Here's what I do:

I'll open up Abrosia, without deleting any cookies and I'll log in both times (one for forum and one for Neo) and I'll restock at the plushie shop (thought when I had it on the random one, it was at the food shop and chocolate shop a lot), so I'll load in the list and click okay. Then I'll click on start and it'll say it's started. It'll visit the shop, then it'll say waiting so and so seconds. It'll keep repeating, but nothing else is happening, it just keeps refreshing.

Someone on the tracker forum said something about deleting cookies and then running Abrosia, creating the cookie again. Also, I'm not quite sure if I need to have one page of Neo open in the browser and then Abrosia? I was doing this at first, but now I don't have a Neopets page open at all, but I'm still browsing the internet. 

I've been running it quite a lot, so I thought I would have at least got something. I even tried lowering the profit margin and that didn't help.

#2003 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

I'll open up Abrosia, without deleting any cookies and I'll log in both times (one for forum and one for Neo) and I'll restock at the plushie shop (thought when I had it on the random one, it was at the food shop and chocolate shop a lot), so I'll load in the list and click okay. Then I'll click on start and it'll say it's started. It'll visit the shop, then it'll say waiting so and so seconds. It'll keep repeating, but nothing else is happening, it just keeps refreshing.

Someone on the tracker forum said something about deleting cookies and then running Abrosia, creating the cookie again. Also, I'm not quite sure if I need to have one page of Neo open in the browser and then Abrosia? I was doing this at first, but now I don't have a Neopets page open at all, but I'm still browsing the internet.

I've been running it quite a lot, so I thought I would have at least got something. I even tried lowering the profit margin and that didn't help.

Wait, you randomly let it select a shop, then you load up a list? It shouldn't find a random shop when you load a list, it should go to the shop you choose when you use a list. Also how slow are you refreshing, if it's super slow, then it possibly could be missing all the items while it waits to refresh, as there are a bunch of programs running as well as legit RSers also trying to grab the items at the same time.

You don't need to have a page open when Abrosia is running either, as I assume people would log in on this separate browser to have the page open (Which ultimately leads to Abrosia being logged out).

#2004 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

Sounds like you might be using a manual list for a shop that Abrosia is not even refreshing in....so you wouldn't get anything. Does it actually say Abrosia is in the shop you have loaded a list for?...because loading a plushie shop list does not mean it will go to that shop....at least I assume it won't because you are not an advanced member.

If it did let you do that then what would the point be in having it choose a random shop? :unsure:

Edited by Oaken, 22 October 2009 - 07:15 AM.

#2005 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

Wait, you randomly let it select a shop, then you load up a list? It shouldn't find a random shop when you load a list, it should go to the shop you choose when you use a list. Also how slow are you refreshing, if it's super slow, then it possibly could be missing all the items while it waits to refresh, as there are a bunch of programs running as well as legit RSers also trying to grab the items at the same time.

You don't need to have a page open when Abrosia is running either, as I assume people would log in on this separate browser to have the page open (Which ultimately leads to Abrosia being logged out).

Haha, no I'm sorry for that not being clear. I was letting it do random shops and then I switched to the plushie shop and only the plushie shop. I've also done the igloo, too.

Currently, my refresh rate is 8 to 11 seconds. The 8 was default, so I didn't mess around with that while I was just starting with it, but I've played around with the second number a little bit. Would this be too slow of one?

#2006 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

Would this be too slow of one?

No that is not too slow...and read my post above as I think I solved your problem.

#2007 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:25 AM

Sounds like you might be using a manual list for a shop that Abrosia is not even refreshing in....so you wouldn't get anything. Does it actually say Abrosia is in the shop you have loaded a list for?...because loading a plushie shop list does not mean it will go to that shop....at least I assume it won't because you are not an advanced member.

If it did let you do that then what would the point be in having it choose a random shop?  :unsure:

Oh dear I'm so confused, so bare with me if I don't get what you mean, but I selected the manual list options and put in the shop code 98 and then imported my list. It does say it's visiting the plushie shop, and only the plushie shop (it never says visiting somewhere else when I have the list loaded).

Is this not allowed at my member status? Because I was reading another thread and a non-advanced member was using this method and it was working fine for them.

But like I said (although I'm not sure if I was clear? I'm sorry if I wasn't), at first the only settings I messed with were the refresh rate and the haggle algorithm (to smart). I let it go to the random shops, but I still wasn't getting anything. Maybe it's just me? Lol 

#2008 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Oh dear I'm so confused, so bare with me if I don't get what you mean, but I selected the manual list options and put in the shop code 98 and then imported my list. It does say it's visiting the plushie shop, and only the plushie shop (it never says visiting somewhere else when I have the list loaded).

Is this not allowed at my member status? Because I was reading another thread and a non-advanced member was using this method and it was working fine for them.

But like I said (although I'm not sure if I was clear? I'm sorry if I wasn't), at first the only settings I messed with were the refresh rate and the haggle algorithm (to smart). I let it go to the random shops, but I still wasn't getting anything. Maybe it's just me? Lol

No, it's allowed, but it just doesn't want to work for you.

Are you using the normal skin, or are you a Premium member?

#2009 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

No, it's allowed, but it just doesn't want to work for you.

Are you using the normal skin, or are you a Premium member?

No, not a premium member, I just have the plain yellow one. I wonder what would happen if I reinstalled it? Maybe I just got a bad install? Worth a try.
Edit: Nope, nothing so far. 

Edit 2: It's working now! I'm so excited lol. I'm not sure what I did or if I'm just finally getting good stuff. Finally haha.

Edited by shesamessx, 22 October 2009 - 09:51 AM.

#2010 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

Try clearing your cookies in both firefox and ie (not sure if you cleared both yet or what). Then make sure all browsers are closed and try it again. Sometimes the browsers have residual cookies that are bad. :p

#2011 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:54 AM

Create a tracker, provide a debug log, and your list :)

(To me, as I read this. It seems like the list is an issue)

#2012 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:54 AM

Try clearing your cookies in both firefox and ie (not sure if you cleared both yet or what). Then make sure all browsers are closed and try it again. Sometimes the browsers have residual cookies that are bad. :p

Ah, that might help next time. I'm not sure what happened, though, this time, I just turned it back to the random shops and it bought two things and missed a couple. I didn't get a sound, though, so I'm not sure about that, but I'm just glad it's working. 

Thanks for everyone's help! xD

#2013 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

Ah, that might help next time. I'm not sure what happened, though, this time, I just turned it back to the random shops and it bought two things and missed a couple. I didn't get a sound, though, so I'm not sure about that, but I'm just glad it's working.

Thanks for everyone's help! xD

so its solved all of the sudden? haha, well glad you got it working :)

#2014 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

so its solved all of the sudden? haha, well glad you got it working :)

Yes, for some weird reason haha. I suspect that it had something to do with cookies of my system and they finally reset or something, because I did multiple things with the cookies and stuff. x]

#2015 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

I got a

Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?

error today, I know the cause just in case you guys still don't know, I got logged out because my gf logged in to my account, so I think its because you get logged out :p

#2016 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

I got a

Financing: Shop Till Withdraw Failed; do you have a shop?
Bank: Deposit Failed; do you have a bank account?

error today, I know the cause just in case you guys still don't know, I got logged out because my gf logged in to my account, so I think its because you get logged out :p

Oooh. Trusting her with your neopets account? I smell love!

#2017 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

Oooh. Trusting her with your neopets account? I smell love!

haha, and its quite annoying cause she keeps zapping my pets preventing me from posting in the zap thread XD because she's BORED XD

#2018 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

haha, and its quite annoying cause she keeps zapping my pets preventing me from posting in the zap thread XD because she's BORED XD

Tell her to get her own account, and give her a million starting NP. XD

#2019 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

Tell her to get her own account, and give her a million starting NP. XD

she has one, but still gets bored :p so she decides to do mine, maybe I should invest in a second zap account for her... XD

#2020 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

Books don't like me today :(

2009-10-23 18:21:33 - Missed The Draik: Sold out.
2009-10-23 18:21:34 - Missed Baby Gelert Pop-Up Book: Sold out!
2009-10-23 18:21:40 - Missed Laws of the Land: Sold out.
2009-10-23 18:21:42 - Missed Training School Myths: Sold out!
2009-10-23 18:21:46 - Missed BIG book of Puzzles: Sold out.

Refresh rate is 8 seconds, I don't really want to lower it :p

#2021 Beeboobop

Beeboobop
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, I'd say its a pretty kind default.

#2022 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

I've been trying it with a 4-6 second refresh delay because my firefox refreshes at that speed (timed it with legit restocks). Still haven't bought anything as nothing seems to be restocking in the shops I've chosen with a profit of 3K or more, to make it a bit easier to buy. It's a 20 minute timer to spend in each shop and it changes at the end of that time, and at the start of the next hour I'll break and annoy the AC some.

But who knows. Might get lucky.

#2023 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

Books don't like me today :(

2009-10-23 18:21:33 - Missed The Draik: Sold out.
2009-10-23 18:21:34 - Missed Baby Gelert Pop-Up Book: Sold out!
2009-10-23 18:21:40 - Missed Laws of the Land: Sold out.
2009-10-23 18:21:42 - Missed Training School Myths: Sold out!
2009-10-23 18:21:46 - Missed BIG book of Puzzles: Sold out.

Refresh rate is 8 seconds, I don't really want to lower it :p

It's common for this to happen. Basically you were late trying to get the first book....which made you slow for all the following books. Makes Abrosia look poop but it was in reality just a single restock. Better luck next time :p.

#2024 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

It's otay, I lowered the refresh rate just a tad as I posted above cause my firefox refreshes at that speed so hopefully I'll pick up something good... except...

2009-10-23 20:01:46 - Missed Plushie Flotsam Morphing Potion: Sold out.

Lol. As if I can get anything good in the magic shop with a refresh rate any lower than 4-6, I'd get iced :p

#2025 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:07 AM

Lol. As if I can get anything good in the magic shop with a refresh rate any lower than 4-6, I'd get iced :p

hard, up the wrong hole.

I am RS banned, first time ever, feels shit XD

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users