Quantcast

Photo

Abrosia (Main Shop Autobuyer / Igloo Autobuyer)

• Please log in to reply
7690 replies to this topic

#2101 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

Isn't unlimited bandwidth expensive? x,X

No, it's in most standard hosting packages these days.

#2102 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

No, it's in most standard hosting packages these days.

Oh cool, it's been a couple years since I've run my own website. Back then you almost had to be paid very well to afford it.

#2103 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

Abrosia updated to 1.0.3. Some of the fixes include:

- Minimize to Tray
- Fixed the "malformed tag" error.
- Automatically logs in if you are somehow logged out of your account while running Abrosia.

I looked into the program changing shops after 2 minutes after a buy, and that's what it's supposed to do. :p If you're Advanced Member+ though you can pick your shop and so this doesn't really affect you as much.

I'll add statistics in 1.0.4 once we decide what statistics we want. :p Ideas?

#2104 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

I think a personal statistics page in the itemdb for each user who wants it could be interesting, with graphs and charts and crap. Would also encourage people to visit the site rather than just being able to run the program and get the stats from there.

#2105 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

I think a personal statistics page in the itemdb for each user who wants it could be interesting, with graphs and charts and crap. Would also encourage people to visit the site rather than just being able to run the program and get the stats from there.

True. In which case, I'll see if I can usage statistics reported soon. :p

#2106 AsheAshley

AsheAshley
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Shadow !

#2107 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

No problem. :D

#2108 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

In which I ask a stupid question:

How do you get it to minimize to the tray? =\ I see the icon in the tray, but it's still in my taskbar too.

#2109 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

How do you get it to minimize to the tray? =\ I see the icon in the tray, but it's still in my taskbar too.

Hmm, and it's minimized? (as in you don't see the main window anymore?)

If so this may be a bug. If you still have the window open though, you're supposed to see it in the taskbar and in the tray until you minimize.

#2110 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Nice, I see that it starts up a lot quicker too, when it's downloading item data and what not :) :pirate1:

#2111 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Are you using Windows 7 (or one of the beta for Windows 7)? (In W7 RC,) I get the problem where things that are supposed to be in the tray instead end up on the task bar (glares at Windows Live Messenger for taking task bar room instead of going into the tray as well as a variety of other software that are supposed to be running passively in the tray and out of the way).

Just a suggestion (or two) but can you make it that closing the window will leave Abrosia running in the background and give the option to restore the window or exit Abrosia in the tray icon? It annoys me how out of all the programs that can run passively in the tray, Neocodex programs are the only ones that I can't just close the window without closing the entire program. Also adding an option to keep Abrosia (and other Neocodex programs) in the task bar when I minimize the window will help me out a lot (if I minimize a window, I expect to be able to go back to the window quickly with a single click).

Those are the only two things that are giving me a headache that I gave patience for since it is new to Neocodex.

Edited by Neoology, 31 October 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#2112 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

No, I'm using Vista Ultimate. It's definitely minimized - I pushed the minimize button, but it's still sitting my taskbar. If I double click on the icon in the tray, it'll maximize again, but it's not going into the tray.

Is there a way to make it run in the background without closing it? Because when I click the X, it does just exit out. I tried that earlier. =\ Nothing comes up when I right click on the tray icon, and I don't see that option when I look in program options.

Sorry to be a pain to you. D:

#2113 Ubergoldz

Ubergoldz
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

question:
what is a good speed to set it on?

#2114 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

the program set itself from vip+ back to normal by itself, not sure how and when it did this. using 1.13.

question, how do i reset the config back to default values?

suggestion, show the list of items current the shop it's in, and if we want to buy it manually we could, this also makes it easier to see if the shop we are at is rsban or not.

also, maybe add the text to let us know that the program is checking for rsban and the results after some time?

Edited by CyberMew, 31 October 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#2115 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

what is a good speed to set it on?

Probably not a good idea to set it less than 4.0 sec since 1) that'll get you restock banned even faster and 2) it'll look suspicious, but ultimately it's up to you.

suggestion, show the list of items current the shop it's in, and if we want to buy it manually we could, this also makes it easier to see if the shop we are at is rsban or not.

also, maybe add the text to let us know that the program is checking for rsban and the results after some time?

Why would you want to buy something manually? The purpose of ABrosia is to buy things for you so you can do other stuff like doing your homework or surfing the web. Especially since ABrosia only buys things that would be profitable...

And it does show text when it checks for RS ban. If you are RS banned, it should say something like "RS ban detected. Switching to igloo mode."

#2116 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

because lets say theres an item with a profit of 1000, but i set it to get items worth more than 5k, it could buy the item for me... but true no point in doing this

can the smart haggling be refined more?
1398 NP (the numbers is really far, maybe 1355)
1204 NP (should enter 1212)
909 NP (9 and 0 is the most far and its very awkward to press that, is it possible to change it to 898 or make it such that 9 and 0 does not go side by side?)

and whats the [xx/xxx] number when visiting the shop?

lastly, when buying an item, it takes for example 5 to 8 sec to refresh a shop, goes in, haggle 1sec, ocr wait 1sec, and comes back out again, wait another 5 to 8 sec. why would someone wait 5 to 8 sec after a successful buy? i would quickly go out and refresh within 2-4 sec.. is this meant to be like this?

#2117 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:18 AM

Abrosia doesn't work for me for some days. I can login and start it but then nothing happens and if I try to stop it doesn't really stop and I have to shut it down and an error occures... can somebody please help me? I downloaded an installed the newest version yesterday, it doesn't work.

maybe you need to know what the log says:

Exception in thread Thread-2 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Abrosia.py", line 929, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 1140, in processNextTaskItem
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 108, in feed
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 148, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 268, in parse_starttag
File "Abrosia.py", line 690, in handle_starttag
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'count'

Edited by onlyme, 01 November 2009 - 04:34 AM.

#2118 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:43 AM

Abrosia doesn't work for me for some days. I can login and start it but then nothing happens and if I try to stop it doesn't really stop and I have to shut it down and an error occures... can somebody please help me? I downloaded an installed the newest version yesterday, it doesn't work.

maybe you need to know what the log says:

Exception in thread Thread-2 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "Abrosia.py", line 929, in run
File "Abrosia.py", line 1140, in processNextTaskItem
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 108, in feed
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 148, in goahead
File "HTMLParser.pyo", line 268, in parse_starttag
File "Abrosia.py", line 690, in handle_starttag
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'count'

did you do what I told you to do and reinstall the python runtime files? That might be your problem.

#2119 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

can't remember you told me so, sry, but anyway, I'll try that, thank you!

#2120 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

can't remember you told me so, sry, but anyway, I'll try that, thank you!

It might have been in the shout box I don't remember. Maybe it was someone else on a previous page with the exact same problem.

#2121 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

because lets say theres an item with a profit of 1000, but i set it to get items worth more than 5k, it could buy the item for me... but true no point in doing this

can the smart haggling be refined more?
1398 NP (the numbers is really far, maybe 1355)
1204 NP (should enter 1212)
909 NP (9 and 0 is the most far and its very awkward to press that, is it possible to change it to 898 or make it such that 9 and 0 does not go side by side?)

and whats the [xx/xxx] number when visiting the shop?

lastly, when buying an item, it takes for example 5 to 8 sec to refresh a shop, goes in, haggle 1sec, ocr wait 1sec, and comes back out again, wait another 5 to 8 sec. why would someone wait 5 to 8 sec after a successful buy? i would quickly go out and refresh within 2-4 sec.. is this meant to be like this?

It doesn't wait 5-8 seconds after a buy, it waits 4.5 seconds because you can't buy another item until 5 seconds has passed.

#2122 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

Ooh. Cant wait to try out the update. My laptop charger is bust so Im computerless atm though. :(

#2123 TokenFembot

TokenFembot
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

I'm having trouble with ABrosia, hopefully this is the right place to post it? (I'm assuming so, because I can see that another issue has been posted here already.)

I recently purchased an advanced membership here, since I don't even have time to RS legitly, much less post 500 times on a forum. (Though this is a very nice forum!) I start up Abrosia, it works fine for maybe 15 minutes RSing in the shops I tell it to, then it suddenly seems to revert back to the free version.
In other words, it's RSing in random shops, and it won't let me change the shops at all when I go back to the settings. Also, the title of the program changes from having "[VIP+]" on the end, to not having that on the end.
EDIT: If I restart the program entirely, it behaves for another 15 minutes or so, then goes crazy again. I've tried this three times, also tried re-downloading the Python Runtime Files just in case. It's still not working properly.

Is this normal? Does anyone know how to fix it? I think it was working fine for about 3 hours this morning, as it had a very successful time in Spooky Foods when I told it to go there, but now it seems to be going haywire. Does it have something to do with the fact that I bought advanced membership instead of earning it via post count?

Thank you!

Edited by Illogicality, 01 November 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#2124 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

We are aware of this problem.

You can follow the status, find temporary fix's if they are found, or find out when its fixed, but visiting the tracker, Here.

#2125 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Looks like I nuked a directory that I shouldn't have on the server.... I'll try to get this fixed soon.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users